Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VirtualRain

macrumors 603
Aug 1, 2008
Vancouver, BC
p871227565-4.jpg

7D with 17-55 at 18mm, 10s @ f4, 800 ISO

Wickaninnish Restaurant on Long Beach, Vancouver Island (at night). The purplish light on the beach is from one of these...

furniture-sundries-led-open-sign-miletald016-s.jpg

dllavaneras

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
Caracas, Venezuela
sonor, that's a great shot! I love the tonal range and the framing. The only thing I have against it is the microphone on the top right. It's quite distracting for me.
---
Falling in love again with the Sigma 50mm f1.4:

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
taken from today. Feed back welcomed! :)

This has potential, but needs a little more attention to detail in the viewfinder. The red flower to the lower left is a distraction. Red is a powerful color, especially in competition with with white, and must be used carefully. Here my eye sees the cur-off red and I can't focus on your composition. I also want to see all of the lower flower. I see all of the top one, and I want to see all of the bottom one to bake the image complete.

You have a good start here, keep shooting and show us your stuff.

Dale

sonor

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2008
London, UK
sonor, that's a great shot! I love the tonal range and the framing. The only thing I have against it is the microphone on the top right. It's quite distracting for me.

Thanks dllavaneras. I agree about the mic - it would be better without it. So after a little rough and ready photoshop work - how about this...

CRK_1950-Edit2.jpg

Fujiko7

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2008
London UK
I think I preferred this one as it was originally, as shown here, distractions and all. It looked more natural. Lovely tones here.

I love this "formal" portrait of a dog ... it looks like a school photo. Graduation day at obedience school!

7D + EF-S 17-55mm at 55mm, f/2.8 @ 1/40, ISO 3200

851812903_BQ7RC-X2.jpg

Here's mine for today. From a classic car show in San Francisco last weekend. Taken in B&W on the camera and cropped in Aperture. Would welcome your C&C.

Camera: Canon EOS 1000D
Exposure: 0.006 sec (1/160)
Aperture: f/8.0
Focal Length: 63 mm
ISO Speed: 200
Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Flash: Off, Did not fire

BeanieMan

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2010
Corfu, Greece

I don't have a great camera, and I don't think i'm good at photography. But I like this photo I took on Corfu Island, Greece. I took it with my Canon G7. I haven't tweaked it or anything.

IMG_3442.JPG

OrangeCuse44

macrumors 65832
Oct 25, 2006
Thanks dllavaneras. I agree about the mic - it would be better without it. So after a little rough and ready photoshop work - how about this...

CRK_1950-Edit2.jpg

I love it. The fix definitely works well as I was also distracted by the mic.

I've wondered how to fix problems like these. What tool did you use in PS?

sonor

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2008
London, UK
I think I preferred this one as it was originally, as shown here, distractions and all. It looked more natural. Lovely tones here.

Thanks Fujiko7.

I love it. The fix definitely works well as I was also distracted by the mic.

I've wondered how to fix problems like these. What tool did you use in PS?

Thanks. It was mainly a combination of the Clone Stamp and Healing Brush tools to cover up the offending objects, then a tiny bit of Dodging and Burning in a few places to make it look more convincing. I didn't spend too long at it, so it's not quite perfect.

BarryJ

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2007
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
I call this one .... supper

4566312343_9edd2c3aec_o.jpg

Sony DSC F717 Exposure Time: 1 / 400 Flash: Flash fired, compulsory flash mode
FNumber: 4 Focal Length: 9.7 ISO Speed Ratings: 100

Fish: Lake Trout Lure: Five of Diamonds Flavour: Yummy

dllavaneras

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
Caracas, Venezuela

Much better, in my opinion. :)

Lovely pic (never mind the lens... I think I'm falling in love with your model :))...

Thanks! She's a real beauty, that's for sure. ;) The whole photo shoot was a pleasure.
---
Three types of fungi on a single log:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.