Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SayCheese

macrumors 68000
Jun 14, 2007
Oxfordshire, England
Just a quick shot that I took of a mate of mine the other day.

Attachments

• Portrait 1 - Version 2.jpg
    Portrait 1 - Version 2.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 130

nuwomb

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2008
new HDR

I had 2 for today. posted both on photoblog.
Love trying to find the good in my boring city!

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
A Canadian bobsled going down the Whistler track in front of some spectators. Yes, the spectators where staged by a Reuters photographer however they were partially drunk hence the funny shaped N. :rolleyes:

CANADU ? :D

Shot of just outside the window from the office just across the hall at work...

Canon P&S cameras (cheap-o Canon A470 actually on sale at Amazon right now for $80) never cease to amaze me. :)

d2e08c780b8c4485aa2587830910f3bf

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast

A Canadian bobsled going down the Whistler track in front of some spectators. Yes, the spectators where staged by a Reuters photographer however they were partially drunk hence the funny shaped N. :rolleyes:

Interesting... staging shots has gotten photojournalists in a lot of trouble in the past... Since they guy was from Reuters, I'd have to assume he is a news photographer... If the folks in the shot did it on their own without any imput from the photographer, different story. It's all about credibility in journalism (if it still exists...)

Now, for normal civilians... anything goes.

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Baja pups

Somewhere outside the gates of El Refugio Animal Sanctuary, located in the desert of southern Baja California a couple of miles from the village of Pescadero. A bunch of curious puppies came out to our car when we parked near the locked gate. Gotta love those baja ears.

DSC_2916.JPG

cosmokanga2

macrumors 6502a
Interesting... staging shots has gotten photojournalists in a lot of trouble in the past... Since they guy was from Reuters, I'd have to assume he is a news photographer... If the folks in the shot did it on their own without any imput from the photographer, different story. It's all about credibility in journalism (if it still exists...)

Now, for normal civilians... anything goes.
This bunch of people did the spelling thing on their own. Other groups he just got them to stand a little farther apart, group two or three, that kind of thing. I think he was just trying to get different shots as the event was crawling with photographers. It was fun!

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
3278966041_3779f992b6_b.jpg

Just a fence at a local park. Nothing too special other than the bokeh!

106.8mm
f/2.8
1/1000

Perhaps you could have made the shot more "special" by inserting something into the fence? Just a thought.

I'm noticing that none of the lenses you list in your signature are capable of f/2.8 at that focal length. Just curious which lens you used.

techie4life

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2007
Georgia

(Click it!)
I posted the above photo in this thread awhile ago. I understand if you didn't notice it at the time.

Perhaps you could have made the shot more "special" by inserting something into the fence? Just a thought.

I'm noticing that none of the lenses you list in your signature are capable of f/2.8 at that focal length. Just curious which lens you used.
Thanks for the reminder, I updated my signature to include an 80-200 f/2.8
I'm long-term borrowing it from a professional who no longer shoots Nikon but kept his lenses. Hopefully the above photo is what you were looking for. Thanks!

fett

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2007
Calgary, AB
I did some portraits for a friend from work. Thought this one might be fitting for macrumors. Can you spot the macs in the racks?

JohnMC

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2006
Duluth, MN
Actually, I have a question. How did you manage to set the XSi for 180 shots? I can only seem to set the continuous shot feature for up to 10 shots.

Spencers, you need a Canon RS60-E3 remote. They cost about $20 on Amazon. Just plug it in (left side, below the USB port) and engage the trigger.

JohnMC

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
I posted the above photo in this thread awhile ago. I understand if you didn't notice it at the time.

Aha! Perhaps that's what made me think of it. ;)

Thanks for the reminder, I updated my signature to include an 80-200 f/2.8
I'm long-term borrowing it from a professional who no longer shoots Nikon but kept his lenses.

Thanks, I was just curious. Lucky you to have a good lens like that for free! I think my next lens purchase will be something similar, hopefully the 70-200 f/2.8 IS.

RHVC59

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2008
Eugene, Oregon
Out for a quick walk, then home to fix dinner, and warm up.

F 5.0
1/20 sec
ISO 1600
Handheld, 55-200 mm @ 135mm
Exposure mode Auto

Attachments

• 20090223_Sunset_0014.jpg
    20090223_Sunset_0014.jpg
    487.3 KB · Views: 81

zebbz

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2008
London
First time really taking pictures of random people, today was more of a confidence builder than trying to get 'good shots' which should explain some of the unfocused images.

I did enjoy it, but need to still work on building up my confidence for it.

this was one of the images i got

if you click the image, theres a few more on my flickr

techie4life

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2007
Georgia
Aha! Perhaps that's what made me think of it. ;)

Thanks, I was just curious. Lucky you to have a good lens like that for free! I think my next lens purchase will be something similar, hopefully the 70-200 f/2.8 IS.

Perhaps! I am very thankful to be able to borrow this lens for free. Hopefully, one day, I will be able to buy one of my own!

bbotte

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2008
USA

Funny Shaped N? I see the one guy making an "A" what the hell is the last guy doing? Looks like an "H" to me. Crazy drunk Canucks.

Here is How we do it right in Ohio. O-H

o-h-i-o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.