Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

anti-microsoft

macrumors 68000
Dec 15, 2006
Edinburgh, Scotland
It's a Powermate from Griffin Technology. It's definitely worth the money. I can't imagine using my computer without it now. Very handy, and extremely customizable for almost ANY app. Scroll, volume change, scrub videos, etc. :)

Cool, I might consider one actually...

Ams.

PS: I knew what it was called but just couldn't remember:p!

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
sunsetsi6.jpg

TheReef

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2007
NSW, Australia.
Finally the grey skies and rain are gone!
Our friends in Victoria sure could have used some of it :(

(Best viewed in Safari)

imgp30902mo3.jpg

K10D - RAW - f22 - 1/8s - ISO100 - 55mm (82mm equiv)

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
FWIW, color managed Firefox produces the same result. Good thing we don't get too many IE users around these parts, eh?

What do you mean by color managed Firefox? I did check with both browsers, and Safari displayed the image with more saturation than Firefox, which I use as my primary. Just wondering...:confused:

RHVC59

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2008
Eugene, Oregon
^Very nice. Interesting clouds, dividing reflection and the bird adds a great touch.

Thank you, to be honest the bird just happened along

This wonderful shot reminds me of some of the early work of Sydney Laurence. If is squint really hard hand hold my head at an angle I and just make out a sheep in the cloud... ;)

Sydney Mortimer Laurence (1865–1940) was a Romantic landscape painter and is widely considered one of Alaska's most important historical artists. He was born in Brooklyn, New York and studied at the Art Students League of New York. He married Alexandrina Fredricka Dupre in 1889, and they traveled to England, where they lived in an art colony in St. Ives in Cornwall from 1889 to 1898. Laurence came to Alaska in 1903 or 1904.

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Mazatlan animal shelter, December 08

Another little homeless mother dog waiting for someone to adopt her at Amigos de los Animales in Mazatlan, Mexico. She was sitting on a dog crate where she had a litter of puppies she was still nursing. This was quick grab shot with the Lumix point 'n shoot.

P1010212.JPG

Camera: Panasonic
Model: DMC-LZ8
ISO: 400
Exposure: 1/100 sec
Aperture: 4.0
Focal Length: 5.2mm
Flash Used: No

Thanks Cliff. I enabled color management via about:config. It's one more new thing I've learned. :)

H2Ockey

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2008
MaddMacs, is that Richardson Grove or is it the little rest stop/eel river overlook farther south? I have always loved the sun beams coming through the redwood canopy. Beautiful.

MaddMacs

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2008
Flagstaff, Az
MaddMacs, is that Richardson Grove or is it the little rest stop/eel river overlook farther south? I have always loved the sun beams coming through the redwood canopy. Beautiful.

It's in the Humboldt Redwoods before Rockville....somewhere... He says...Goolgeyed....IYKWIM.

RHVC59

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2008
Eugene, Oregon
We had an exhibition open this evening at my museum. The exhibit is called Plus Fifty: More Paulu Saari Photos from the 1950s, and draws on the collection of black and white 4" x 5" and 2 ¼" x 2 ¼" negatives Mr. Saari donated in 2003, and which I have been scanning and cataloguing since. We are up to 2,730 plus images. This exhibit has images which I printed ranging in sizes from 8 x 10s to 30: x 40"This year we are also celebrating the 50th year since Alaska’s Statehood, so the title of the exhibit is in fits the theme. Anyway I was able to snap a shot of Mr., Saari at the gallery entrance, and thought I would post it tonight as my photo of the day.

I posted the gallery entrance wall as well as my shot of Paulu T. Saari

Attachments

• 02202009-(102)-Opening-Fifty-Plus.jpg
    02202009-(102)-Opening-Fifty-Plus.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 102
  • 02202009-(005)-Layout-Fifty-Plus.jpg
    02202009-(005)-Layout-Fifty-Plus.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 87

Carl Abudephane

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2007
Another little homeless mother dog waiting for someone to adopt her at Amigos de los Animales in Mazatlan, Mexico. She was sitting on a dog crate where she had a litter of puppies she was still nursing. This was quick grab shot with the Lumix point 'n shoot.

Phil, still enjoying your p&s experiment. Just how much do you miss using a DSLR? I've been using my g'friends D40 a little and even though it's pretty small by DSLR standards, I still find that I'm only taking it out when I really feel like using it, as opposed to all the time with my p&s, just in case.
Saying that, now that I sometimes take what some would call 'proper' shots(aside from still taking night "light' one's), the difference in quality is quite remarkable, so perhaps I should put more effort into lugging the D40 around!

This latest shot of another homeless dog at the shelter is, again, just lovely, yet also painful, to me at least. You really capture the yearning and the helplessness in the dog, and the situation it's in. You just seem to have a knack for really showing that, rather than it being 'simply' a dog photo, if you know what I mean. I don't mean to denigrate others' photos of dogs by saying that; maybe the situation and their resultant yearning & need(the subject in other words!)contributes somewhat to my feelings.
Looking at this photo and wishing I could just go there and bring her home with me.
Anyway, thanks for continuing to post your canine capture's!

Rt&Dzine

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2008

Well there is something in this picture that made me like it, C&C appreciated.

I really like it too but can't quite put my finger on why. It has commercial appeal and I could definitely see using it in my work (graphic design). That's not meant as a negative :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.