Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
a new day!
58d054dfd07369a711ddf4615360c927.jpg

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
That Tree again, 10-minutes after the earlier shot. Comments always appreciated.

That Tree
by another scotsman, on Flickr
I prefer the earlier one, although this is nice to. It does bother me slightly that its cropped the branch on the left.

Another product shot from my session from earlier in the week.

_DSC9589.jpg

Comments always welcome.

anotherscotsman

macrumors 68020
Aug 2, 2014
UK
I prefer the earlier one, although this is nice to. It does bother me slightly that its cropped the branch on the left.
Agreed - the earlier one was the pick of the bunch. With no cloud, as soon as the sun came up then all interest in the sky disappeared. I'll see if I have a crop that doesn't result in undue arboricultural practices :)

Reactions: Apple fanboy

Clix Pix

macrumors Core

Another product shot from my session from earlier in the week.

View attachment 814169

Comments always welcome.

Nicely lit, nice colors and composition. What's in the container? Something edible, as suggested by the chopsticks? I like the very modern shape of the plate and the flowers add a nice touch.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
The what?
The big yellow softbox you get for about three months a year in the UK.
[doublepost=1546712009][/doublepost]
Nicely lit, nice colors and composition. What's in the container? Something edible, as suggested by the chopsticks? I like the very modern shape of the plate and the flowers add a nice touch.
Chinese tea. The plate and chopsticks were for context. None of our cups and saucers really looked right.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Thanks! Yep, today they were all calmer and quieter and a few were floating around just below me as I leaned over my deck railing, so easy to grab a headshot with the 600mm equivalent lens on the RX10 M4. Even at that, still needed a bit of cropping for more dramatic impact.

lizardofwoz

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2012
Australia
I don’t mind them roasted or with plenty of gravy.

Brussel Sprouts are indeed delicious. They can be prepared in many different ways, the only key requirement is to completely disguise their original flavour which falls just short of utterly disgusting.
[doublepost=1546732435][/doublepost]
The big yellow softbox you get for about three months a year in the UK.
[doublepost=1546712009][/doublepost]
Chinese tea. The plate and chopsticks were for context. None of our cups and saucers really looked right.

Three months? You are talking about August Bank Holiday Monday, right?
[doublepost=1546732705][/doublepost]
View attachment 814059

Nothing fancy here - just two of my friends visiting Austin, TX.

Smart girl. Checking to make sure he has his wallet...

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.