Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crf8

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2017
bac2771839b8a4c735c8742550cdc3a4.jpg
this any better?
I didn’t even have a filter until Christmas:)

malofx

macrumors 6502
Mar 22, 2012
Los Angeles
Nice picture. I'll be heading on a southwestern US road trip in about a month and the GC is on my bucket list. I like the composition of this picture. I may have to steal the idea from you :eek:

Thank you so much.

Be my guest, I just got back from a third trip up to that area. If you need any tips, let me know... if I may say, Alstrom Point (off road), Horse Shoe Bend and upper Antelope Canyon should be in your list :D just in case.

Cheese&Apple

macrumors 68010
Jun 5, 2012
Toronto
Amazing that, with some skill and thoughtful creativity, something as simple as vacuuming can result in interesting photograph. Well done Molly.

Smasher...

In contrast, something more colourful - that tree again at dawn from my day out in Snowdonia - like to get my money's worth...Comments always appreciated.

That Tree
by another scotsman, on Flickr

Love this one! An absolutely brilliant image @anotherscotsman

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK

anotherscotsman

macrumors 68020
Aug 2, 2014
UK
Amazing that, with some skill and thoughtful creativity, something as simple as vacuuming can result in interesting photograph. Well done Molly.

Love this one! An absolutely brilliant image @anotherscotsman

Cheers. This was two exposures: one for the sky and one for the foreground both at 16mm (full frame). Even though there was't much done in post, I was a bit afraid that the colours looked overcooked but it really looked like that.

More from the day out that keeps giving. 30-sec exposure using a 6-stop ND. This is one of my favourites of the day. Comments always appreciated.

Cwm Idwal
[doublepost=1547057382][/doublepost]
Sunset here in Australia yesterday. View attachment 814991

Cracking. If I had to suggest an improvement I'd perhaps try adjusting the perspective a little - the buildings are tipping back a bit.

That's my favourite out of the series. The colours are lovely and giving more depth works in the foreground works better. Very nice capture, well done to you, sir!

Only because you mentioned it!
[doublepost=1546970782][/doublepost]
Superb. Love it. Another place my camera deserves to go!

Wow I’m not missing it next time around for sure.

Cheers gents, much appreciated. Haven't been out much the last few months with work but glad to be posting again.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Cheers. This was two exposures: one for the sky and one for the foreground both at 16mm (full frame). Even though there was't much done in post, I was a bit afraid that the colours looked overcooked but it really looked like that.

More from the day out that keeps giving. 30-sec exposure using a 6-stop ND. This is one of my favourites of the day. Comments always appreciated.

Cwm Idwal
[doublepost=1547057382][/doublepost]

Cracking. If I had to suggest an improvement I'd perhaps try adjusting the perspective a little - the buildings are tipping back a bit.

Cheers gents, much appreciated. Haven't been out much the last few months with work but glad to be posting again.
Shots like this and we are all glad your posting again. Beautiful composition.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Huh, this is interesting! over the years I have bought tiles from my local home renovation shop and I've bought a few acrylic/plastic/glossy squares or larger sizes from Amazon to use as either surfaces or backgrounds for tabletop shots..... Just had a look at Erickson Surfaces. Cool...... Bookmarking that site! Next up, a look at the Photo Boards site but I'm concerned it may be UK-only. I also use foam core boards in various colors and also am always on the lookout when I'm in a crafts-oriented shop to see what they might have on hand. It is amazing what a difference a backdrop or surface can make to an image! The only issue is the possibility of the backdrop or the surface taking on too much of a role in the image, thereby diminishing the impact of the primary, intended subject.

mollyc

macrumors G3
Aug 18, 2016
I just got two boards by Replica Surfaces during their kickstarter campaign. I really like them. I wish I’d gotten one more. But they have stands so you can join them as a floor/counter and back wall.

MDF314159265

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2010
Temecula, CA
Beautiful scene. Have you tried lifting the shadows a bit? I think it would improve the image. One of those times a grad filter would have been useful.
[doublepost=1547015073][/doublepost]
???

There’s a donut shop at the top of pikes peak. I recently watched a short film on Ken Block (amazing drift/rally driver) and one of the filmographers said he always gets a donut at the top of pikes peak.

fcortese

macrumors demi-god
Apr 3, 2010
Big Sky country
Thank you so much.

Be my guest, I just got back from a third trip up to that area. If you need any tips, let me know... if I may say, Alstrom Point (off road), Horse Shoe Bend and upper Antelope Canyon should be in your list :D just in case.

My itinerary is Bryce Canyon, Moab (DH Point, Canyonlands and Arches NPs), Monument Valley, Grand Canyon, Scottsdale (got to keep the wife happy; maybe some desert shots) and Page, Az (HSB and Upper Antelope Canyon).

anotherscotsman

macrumors 68020
Aug 2, 2014
UK
My itinerary is Bryce Canyon, Moab (DH Point, Canyonlands and Arches NPs), Monument Valley, Grand Canyon, Scottsdale (got to keep the wife happy; maybe some desert shots) and Page, Az (HSB and Upper Antelope Canyon).
If you are going between Grand Canyon and Scottsdale I’d suggest you take a stop at Sedona if you get the chance. Magnificent location.

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008
Beautiful.

Smasher...

Thank you ☺️. I really wanted to shoot 'ol Buachaille but she was covered in clouds once again. Not even the good wispy textured clouds. Just a wall of white. lol. So I turned the camera to a different spot in the area on a small ledge and the light was coming through that tree...

In contrast, something more colourful - that tree again at dawn from my day out in Snowdonia - like to get my money's worth...Comments always appreciated.

That Tree

Beautiful. I love the little but of moon you got in the shot. The colors are stunning.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.