Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

malofx

macrumors 6502
Mar 22, 2012
Los Angeles
My itinerary is Bryce Canyon, Moab (DH Point, Canyonlands and Arches NPs), Monument Valley, Grand Canyon, Scottsdale (got to keep the wife happy; maybe some desert shots) and Page, Az (HSB and Upper Antelope Canyon).

That's a great list. You guys will have a blast. Did you know you can camp inside Monument Valley? but it might be too cold now. We woke up with our view to The Mittens. Happy travels.

Reactions: fcortese

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
New in the household: the sleek, elegant. very highly reflective and super-fast Samsung X5 Thunderbolt 3 external SSD! I should've taken the time to do a proper "product shot" but wanted to start messing around with this thing and so just opted for a quick couple of shots instead, setting the drive on a mirror to also show off its nifty red underside. The smooth, glossy Space Grey top nicely complements my Space Grey MacBook Pro while the red bottom adds an unexpected jolt of color. Oh, and did I say it's fast, fast, FAST?! This is not your grandma's old external HDD! :).

Samsung X5.jpeg

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
New in the household: the sleek, elegant. very highly reflective and super-fast Samsung X5 Thunderbolt 3 external SSD! I should've taken the time to do a proper "product shot" but wanted to start messing around with this thing and so just opted for a quick couple of shots instead, setting the drive on a mirror to also show off its nifty red underside. The smooth, glossy Space Grey top nicely complements my Space Grey MacBook Pro while the red bottom adds an unexpected jolt of color. Oh, and did I say it's fast, fast, FAST?! This is not your grandma's old external HDD! :).

View attachment 815259
Is it faster because it’s aerodynamic? Enjoy your new drives.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Is it faster because it’s aerodynamic? Enjoy your new drives.

Thanks! In some review I read the writer mentioned the vague similarity to race car styling..... Maybe so, I wouldn't know, not being into that sort of thing! It is rather aerodynamic looking, and so that suggests speediness, true...... LOL! It is a bit longer and heavier than my Samsung T5 external SSDs. Unlike the latter, due to the different processor and the generation of more heat will in use, it has a heat sink, which accounts for the additional weight.

This thing is fast, no doubt about it! That said, though, in general I have noticed that all of my external drives, even the platter HDDs, seem to be faster on the 2018 MBP than on my 2015 one. What a difference three years and changes in technology can make!!!

Now that I've had my fun with right-out-of-the-box snapshots, then setting the X5 up and putting her to good use backing up my photos, some day when I'm looking for something to do I'll get out the light tent (to work around the reflectivity issues) and spend a little time doing a proper "product shoot" to do justice to this beautiful and intriguing device.

Last edited:

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
I’ve been in a bit of a funk lately and have vowed to get out more with my camera and get back into the swing of things. Went for a trip to the seaside today and unfortunately the conditions were a bit flat and dull. Here’s one of the pier anyway.

31762406147_6f9b249223_h.jpg

Leica M9 with Elmar 90mm @F8

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Too hilly for the Netherlands! Nice Monotone.
[doublepost=1547241811][/doublepost]
Another bucket list destination. I better hurry up!
[doublepost=1547243304][/doublepost]An old one from 2014. View attachment 815334
Especially for @Scepticalscribe as I recall her love for biplanes coming up!

Yep.

I may have mentioned somewhere that I love biplanes.

Thanks for the shot - much appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.