Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
Caught in our front yard, I walked barefoot so slowly to get close
_MG_0373.jpg

Adorable! Good job on getting us so close to the deer. Very nice framing.

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
Meeting At Two Streets

Canon EOS 1000D
1/4000 sec
f/4.0
25mm + Fish Eye Adaptor
ISO400

EDIT: Changed photo, bad feeling I'd posted it before, will post tomorrow if I find I haven't.

Fujiko7

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2008
London UK
Squirrel Eating a Pear

There's a big pear tree in our garden and the pears are getting ripe now, and some are falling to the ground. Today I noticed some bits of pear dropping from the tree and saw this little guy up there greedily eating pears and dropping bits down.

Camera: Canon EOS 1000D
Exposure: 0.005 sec (1/200)
Aperture: f/6.3
Focal Length: 200 mm
ISO Speed: 800
Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Flash: Off

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Caught in our front yard, I walked barefoot so slowly to get close
_MG_0373.jpg
Really nice exposure... and as Phrasikleia said, very nice framing. I love that the ears look rim-lit, giving them great accent.

Canon EOS 1000D
1/4000 sec
f/4.0
25mm + Fish Eye Adaptor
ISO400

EDIT: Changed photo, bad feeling I'd posted it before, will post tomorrow if I find I haven't.

I don't remember seeing it this before... but when I just saw it right now, my first thought was, "wow, this is a cool shot...!" It's very punchy in the colors, which works with this subject, and I like the odd depth of field and fisheye effect...

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
another nifty-fifty leaf thing...

I'm still on my leaf in stream kick with the nifty-fifty, so you might have to bear with a few more before I'm done... ;)

Alder leaf with rocks

D300, 50f/1.8, 1/200, f/3.2, ISO400

GregPQ

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2010
Massachusetts
It's still July in New England. Don't know what's happening with this plant, but it isn't autumn just yet, I promise.

Attachments

• red.jpg
    red.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 260

MSUSpartan

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2008
Hey Spartan - are any of your subjects aware of your presence and intentions, or is it "wield rangefinder, focus as fast as possible, capture, and retreat?" Just curious, as I find people-on-the-street photography both equally fascinating and challenging.

I try to shoot without disrupting the scene. Once they notice the camera it tends to lean towards street portraits instead of street photography... I am in the prime lens camp, using a 35mm lens so I have to be pretty close in and it is quite a challenge at times. Some people shoot from across the street using telephoto lenses, but it's not as intimate IMHO and loses the emotion.

I used a manual lens here and just zoom focused for 3 meters, walked in close, and shot from the hip. Hope that helps.

As Henri Cartier-Bresson said, "Aim well, shoot fast, and scram!" :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.