Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dpastern

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
I guess I'll just have to get used to multiquoting. Will it remember selected quotes when I move forward from one page to the next, etc? I presume so, but better to ask if I'm not sure. I'm not sure what timeout is, I presume a suspension or similar. Banning is self explanatory. What does the 0 point warning mean?

Thanks for the CC on the Lynx image - I tend not to push saturation or contrast, remember, I'm a nature photographer, I'm more concerned with keeping the image as accurate as possible. I can tell you than the image is pretty much spot on as to what I saw with my eyes.

Actually, I tend not to try and overcook my images, the old UNIX saying, less is more.

Dave

edit: probably a better habit to use the timg tag for images anyways, once I get into the habit I won't forget ;-) And I think a mod modified one of my previously posted images with a timg (it did have large dimensions).

Consecutive posting isn't a POTD thing, it's a site-wide rule on Mac Rumors. I don't think MR is as much picky as well moderated. The mods have a wide range of powers at their mouse tips ranging from editing your post for you to removing it all together. I don't know who does Timeout and Banning. There is a closed forum open to mods and admins only where they no doubt are talking about me at this very moment...:eek:

I got dinged for consecutive posting in a lens thread and I have this 0 Point Warning thing in my UCP forever.

In regards to your photo, you don't have to your own posts, just your quotes.

The spider pic is interesting but the overall image seems a bit flat. Maybe if the background was a bit greener the little guy would stand out better. Just my view. The focus on the eyes is[B][I][U] absolutely nailed[/U][/I][/B]. Great work.

Dale[/QUOTE]

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
I guess I'll just have to get used to multiquoting. Will it remember selected quotes when I move forward from one page to the next, etc? I presume so, but better to ask if I'm not sure. I'm not sure what timeout is, I presume a suspension or similar. Banning is self explanatory. What does the 0 point warning mean?

Thanks for the CC on the Lynx image - I tend not to push saturation or contrast, remember, I'm a nature photographer, I'm more concerned with keeping the image as accurate as possible. I can tell you than the image is pretty much spot on as to what I saw with my eyes.

Actually, I tend not to try and overcook my images, the old UNIX saying, less is more.

Dave

edit: probably a better habit to use the timg tag for images anyways, once I get into the habit I won't forget ;-) And I think a mod modified one of my previously posted images with a timg (it did have large dimensions).

Once you check the Multi Quote button you can move to another page. Timeout is a temporary suspension of posting ability (I think - never been there). The moderators can send you warnings if you are out of bounds. It's a Personal Message explaining what you did. Some are just warnings - 0 Points - and some have point values attached to them for more serious offenses - again, I've never been there. In the US, if you break a driving law you get "points" on your license. Too many points and you lose your drivers license.

I still like the spider. And simplicity...:)

Dale

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.