Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Everythingisnt

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
Vancouver
Wow fett, where did you take that?

And iPodtoucher, I'm not sure how well that antique effect is working for ya.. Great photo nonetheless though.

Here's a recent shot.. For some reason the neg. scans came out all ugly and pixelated (As you can see by looking at the power lines), which really ticked me off.

Canon AE-1, Fujicolor :)

20080518-r691n3w5bp9x6ijegtnaki6tjc.jpg

ACbc

macrumors member
May 14, 2007
More of my tree fetish =\

2491404528_1e719d6f1a_o.jpg

Nikon D300
17-55mm @ 34mm
f/2.8
1/1250 shutter speed
ISO 200

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
Yeah, I don't see why they have all of a sudden decided to start removing quoted images. I can understand if they change a large IMG to a TIMG, but there's no point in removing a TIMG. The image is already going to be cached on everyone's computer, so it doesn't use any bandwidth. Additionally, the images don't go through the MR servers at all so it doesn't use any additional MR bandwidth.

Yes, this has been discussed here several times. It seems one mod is on a personal quest to remove all quoted images in this thread. Weird since everybody here finds it very useful, and as you stated it doesn't create any more load on the MR server(s). Perhaps it's time to ask the opinion of the other mods and see what the general consensus is.

seenew

macrumors 68000
Dec 1, 2005
Brooklyn
Make: Canon
Model: Canon EOS 5D
Shutter Speed: 1/160 second
F Number: F/6.3
Focal Length: 19 mm
ISO Speed: 100
Date Picture Taken: May 1, 2008, 12:30:50 PM

composite of two shots, same settings. this is one of a series of ten (three left to shoot)

(click for larger version)

Steamie

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2006
Scotland

Great shot Tommy, really dramatic sky. (check your flickrmail)

Fantastic, it actually reminds me of the movie silent hill for some reason.

What must be going on in his(?) mind? Why is someone taking my picture?
Does he carry food? Breath in-breath out?

http://www.murphy.nl/~marca/merselo0020.jpg

I think he's singing to himself "I feel pretty, Oh so pretty, I feel pretty and witty and gay"

Steamie

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2006
Scotland
"Eilean Donan Again"

2502103808_f0f7b7ac37_b.jpg

I know I've posted shot's of this Castle before (I've taken shot's of it 3 times in the past year) However I much prefer the shot's I grabbed yesterday, it hadn't been my intention to visit here again so soon after the last time but when I passed it the lighting was just too good not to get out and take some shots.

kayes

macrumors regular
May 9, 2008
"Eilean Donan Again"

I know I've posted shot's of this Castle before (I've taken shot's of it 3 times in the past year) However I much prefer the shot's I grabbed yesterday, it hadn't been my intention to visit here again so soon after the last time but when I passed it the lighting was just too good not to get out and take some shots.​

Nice shot! I like it :)

Father Jack

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2007
Ireland
"Eilean Donan Again"

I know I've posted shot's of this Castle before (I've taken shot's of it 3 times in the past year) However I much prefer the shot's I grabbed yesterday, it hadn't been my intention to visit here again so soon after the last time but when I passed it the lighting was just too good not to get out and take some shots.​

Congrats, absolutely super shot... :cool:

rpaloalto

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2005
Palo Alto CA.
double exposer

I shot this with my nikon f-100. Using a 28-105mm Set to macro,
using a double exposer
notice the cobwebs are in front of the daisy
Picture 3.png

rpaloalto

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2005
Palo Alto CA.
Sorry how do I just display my image once. With out the smaller attachment image being displayed along with my first image sorry for the noob question.:eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.