Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBallz

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2007
So. Utah
Pura Vida

282162862_avSmD-L.jpg

Edge100

macrumors 68000
May 14, 2002
Where am I???
The architecture of the old apartment buildings on my block...

Three handheld RAWs // HDR // Shutter: varied // Aperture: f/6.3 // Focal Length: 17 mm // ISO 200

What lens are you using for this?

Also, what were the shutter speeds for the three exposures? (i.e. that allowed you to handhold three exposures and then combine them into an HDR. Once again I ask, do you moonlight as a surgeon on the weekends?) ;)

Nice.

Edge100

macrumors 68000
May 14, 2002
Where am I???
This is from my trip to DC this past weekend....

White House

Would have preferred it without the truck on the right and the fountain on the left, but you couldn't very well have moved the fountain or asked the Secret Service to move their truck, now could you.

Once again, love the slightly desaturated look. I've been trying this out with my own photos lately, after months of enjoying super-saturated colours. Funny how tastes change like that.

Nice work.

valdore

macrumors 65816
Jan 9, 2007
Kansas City, Missouri. USA
handholding.jpg

One handheld RAW // HDR // Shutter: 1/100 // Aperture: f/12.9 // Focal Length: 17 mm // ISO 125

What lens are you using for this?

Also, what were the shutter speeds for the three exposures? (i.e. that allowed you to handhold three exposures and then combine them into an HDR. Once again I ask, do you moonlight as a surgeon on the weekends?) ;)

Nice.

Thanks... the lens is my Canon 17-40L wide angle... sometimes I manage to get steady multiple handheld source images, but I've also had it not work at all on occasion too. I set my camera to both burst mode and bracketing mode at the same time, and open up the aperture really wide so I can quick shutter speeds.

iBallz

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2007
So. Utah
Thanks Steame! How did you get the lower third so blue?

James, care to explain the lighting on that one, very cool!

Hector, good catch!

Another cool shot there Eric!

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
Would have preferred it without the truck on the right and the fountain on the left, but you couldn't very well have moved the fountain or asked the Secret Service to move their truck, now could you.

Once again, love the slightly desaturated look. I've been trying this out with my own photos lately, after months of enjoying super-saturated colours. Funny how tastes change like that.

Nice work.

Haha i agree...and also the security guard...but i wasnt about to ask them to move the truck and turn off the fountain:p

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
watching traffic

My daughter was playing on the slide. I brought my camera and noticed another girl overlooking traffic. Nothing exciting, just some dutch scenery...
IMG_3399.jpg

unknown87

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2007
Any chance of a larger resolution for a wallpaper please Doylem? My girlfriend is a vet and she'd love this...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.