Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcavjame

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2008
phased to this universe
Along the Grand River

thegrand02.jpg

valdore

macrumors 65816
Jan 9, 2007
Kansas City, Missouri. USA

Where is this?

At first I was going to guess the campus of William Jewell College in Liberty Missouri. Heh. Looks very similar at least from my memory of checking it out a couple years ago.

Cool! I always love the kind of urban, tone mapped photo that when you first gaze upon it, you feel like you've just received a jolt or something! Drama! Only bit of nitpickery would be, for instance the slight movement in the banner on the right across the source images. That can be rectified with some careful masking in Photoshop (You probably know more about PS than I do though!)

When I do shots like this where I'm shooting into the sun and planning for HDR later, I'll set the aperture to the narrowest possible and and put on a moderate, middle range ISO for quick shutters when collecting the source images. Fun starbursts that way from the sun - usually works well. *I probably didn't have to tell you any of this, nuwomb!* :)

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
From the Baja archives...

This is a shot of Mariposa, who runs El Refugio animal refuge near Pescadero, Baja California Sur, admiring a new pup after her first bath (the first step after initial intake.) This pup was the only brown/tan pup in a litter of 5, all female. The other four were black. Since there were so many puppies turned into the refuge during the same timeframe, we started just naming the litters. I had named a similar litter of pups "Diana Ross and the Supremes," so this litter informally got named "Gladys Knight and the Pips." This particular puppy quickly found her way into my life, and she grew up to be one of my Mexican rescue dogs, and is known as G. Knight to this day... :) At the time I had no idea I'd wind up keeping her. Taken with a Canon A95 p/s.

img_0061.JPG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.