Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcavjame

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2008
phased to this universe
Please C&C
attachment.php

f/5.6, ISO 400, 1/60
I like the division of space. I don't mind the depth of field to separate the log from the background, but the focus on the middle of the log doesn't show me anything.

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
3498871914_a2ffe7181c_b.jpg

I am really proud of this for some reason c&c if you please

The big unfocused white blob in the middle and surrounding empty green ruins it for me. I'd probably have moved further right and composed in portrait mode to pretty-much fill the frame with in-focus flowers.

Please C&C

f/5.6, ISO 400, 1/60

There's no subject, the line of the log doesn't lead us anywhere and we can't see enough detail in the moss for it to be the subject. I'd probably have gotten much closer, used an extension tube, macro lens or diopter and tried to get some moss detail, or looked for a log with fungus, insects, creatures or something as a subject.

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv
I usually shoot in raw now, just because i can. I dont really know how to bring out the best in them, but i have been playing with this one for the past few hours. I just found out that PS CS3 has a built in raw editor. so i used that.

what do you guys think of this one?

3497658261_918f2b1e51_b.jpg

dllavaneras

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
Caracas, Venezuela
I love the thumbnail. It looks like the eyes have been drawn in. When you see the full image, you can tall that it has not.

Thank you! I'm glad you liked it!

This is a Robber fly (Diptera: Asilidae). The white, club-like structure beneath the wing is actually a wing, modified into a structure called haltere.

Attachments

• Halteres II color.jpg
    Halteres II color.jpg
    370.1 KB · Views: 114

wheezy

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
Alpine, UT
3498871914_a2ffe7181c_b.jpg

I am really proud of this for some reason c&c if you please

I like it too. I shot something similar to that last year, I called it 'sunny side up'. Our of focus + bokeh creates a nice feel with certain landscape textures.

sunny_side_up.jpg

Some of these are strong, some are wilty, but despite their condition they always strive to be sunny side up. Perhaps we should do the same.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Haven't posted in probably a year. :p

No name, no photoshop except WB, and a slight adjustment to the colour yellow. I took these photos of my step-dad's flowers in my parents' bedroom. These were taken 3 weeks ago, maybe?

He asked me to take a few photos of the flowers so that he can show someone, and so I did. However, when I started to shoot, I went a bit nuts with the photos. :eek:

Attachments

• flowers.jpg
    flowers.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 773

Ov3rlord Falc0r

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2009
Two images today, but exactly the same subject, so I hope that's OK. ;)

They kinda sum up what I feel about light: it's nature's Photoshop...

churchdark.jpg
churchlight.jpg

WOW...that is truly amazing. :) I've never been that into photo taking...but looking at these threads and all the amazing pictures you guys take makes me want to look into it more! I think this is something I might really enjoy!

scotthayes

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2007
Planet Earth
Two images today, but exactly the same subject, so I hope that's OK. ;)

They kinda sum up what I feel about light: it's nature's Photoshop...

Fantastic example of how a little patience can really pay off.

Looking at the clouds, it seems you only had to wait a short time before getting the second photo.

Paulimac24

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2007
Cobham Mill

Great to see your fabulous landscapes again Doylem, always a pleasure to find one posted :)

Here's one of Cobham Mill, any C&C always welcome.

3500606048_827dd83e33_b.jpg

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Fantastic example of how a little patience can really pay off.

Looking at the clouds, it seems you only had to wait a short time before getting the second photo.

Thank you. The pix (same exposure values) were taken just a few seconds apart. As you suggest, the clouds are a clue... oh, and the clock on the church tower... ;):)

Renderz

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2004
Photos from a Hen Party

Just one of many photos coming soon onto my blog and hopefully my main webpages. Taken with Nikon D300 and 70-200mm F/2.8

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.