Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

appie57

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2006
Netherlands
Derwent Water, today...

nicholendje3.jpg

I can't resist as a (one time) geologist: Looks like the vegetation follows the underlying rock type: top and bottom lime(stone) with grass, middle more acid sandstone. Am I right? Images can mean different things to different people...

nuwomb

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2008
the rave shot is amazing! wow!

This was shot in Boston back in May. I think the area was called Hillcrest?
Anyone from boston that could confirm?
I want to live there haha

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
I can't resist as a (one time) geologist: Looks like the vegetation follows the underlying rock type: top and bottom lime(stone) with grass, middle more acid sandstone. Am I right? Images can mean different things to different people...

They certainly can. I don't know much about geology. Actually, I don't know anything about geology. So I'm sure you're right... ;)

A close-up from Derwent Water...

buoysuo6.jpg

wheelhot

macrumors 68020
Nov 23, 2007
Wow lazylightning how did you get such a good shot? What is your camera settings?

nuwomb that looks fantastic, did you edit the picture abit?

Fuzzy14

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2006
Renfrew, Scotland
Nice capture. And a plus for the semi scottish name...
One more Munro for the munrobaggers.

Ah it's a pun! It had me confused, I looked it up (I miss-read it as East Mor).

Armed with paracetamol and Red Bull, I got out of my sick bed on Tuesday to take some outdoor pictures (for the first time.) I then went back that night and took some nightime shots of the same location.

I should have taken the tripod, even my hands aren't that steady.
Most of shots have ruined by dirt in the camera (visible below to the right of the light) that I didn't notice until I got home.
I thought 14 lanes of motorway would look good, in the end they just look boring.

So here is one of the better ones with no PP, I'm going to try again at some point, but at least I'm learning (the hard way.)

M8/M77/M74 merge, Glasgow
3060069072_6b6a43fd37.jpg

lazylightning

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2008
earth
^^^

Wow... Talk about the decisive moment... Great shot!

You are right, at that point there should be no guesswork involved!

^^ double wow!

what glass were you using there? so awesome

Nikkor 12-24 F/4 - It's a fun lens for skate stuff.

Wow lazylightning how did you get such a good shot? What is your camera settings?

Thanks! Sorry I forgot to post the exif data. Better late than never.

Nikon D80 . Nikkor 12-24 f/4
SS 1/2000 . f/6.3 . ISO200

here's another, Happy Thanksgiving!

2815081155_7d8d2934d6_b.jpg

Nikon D80 . Nikkor 12-24 f/4
SS 1/200 . f/6.3 . ISO200

nuwomb

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2008
wheelhot - there was some minimal contrast adjustment in photoshop.

An urban shot in Boston after the rain storm

PkennethV

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2006
Toronto
I was pleasantly surprised by how well kaleidoscope scope effect worked on my last pic so here's a another one.

(click picture to view on white)

edit: oh and I can see a mask in the design of that picture if i look at the pic from far away...thought that was pretty neat.

SayCheese

macrumors 68000
Jun 14, 2007
Oxfordshire, England
Playing with HDR's at the moment, seeing if I can take my pics to another level.

This was shot last night around 30mins after sunset.

Click for larger version.

Attachments

• Eden Centresig_1200x798.shkl.jpg
    Eden Centresig_1200x798.shkl.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 110

wheezy

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
Alpine, UT
Nice HDR, not too overdone, it looks like a painting great work.
The purple mountains in the background contrast well with the warmer foreground.

Nice capture. And a plus for the semi scottish name...
One more Munro for the munrobaggers.

Thanks, I couldn't quite figure out what about it that I liked so much, but you explained it nicely for me TheReef.

The 'Eat Mor Chikin' is in reference to the ads for Chick-Fil-A where cows are endorsing the restaurant asking more people to eat more chicken and less beef :) Chick-fil-A.

dllavaneras

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
Caracas, Venezuela
As always, awesome shots by everyone! :D

I recently purchased an external flash (Canon 430 EX II) and a bracket to add to my macro setup. I wanted to set the 430 EX II as a slave to my Ring Lite for a background fill, and the result is awesome! See this comparison between a pic without the slave flash and one with. Pics taken about 2 seconds apart (just enough time for me to turn off my external flash and recompose).

Attachments

• Calliphoridae 02.jpg
    Calliphoridae 02.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 97

wheezy

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
Alpine, UT
And across from the cows you have a house in ill-repair... and I don't really know why.

fire-photo.jpg

HDR from 3 photos, Canon 20D 38mm@f/10, further post-processed in Aperture and Photoshop

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.