Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gnd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008
At my cat's house
Fall leaf falling

FallLeafFalling.jpg

C&C welcome!

Fuzzy14

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2006
Renfrew, Scotland
The mountains in the Scottish Highlands aren't much higher than those in the English Lake District, but the Highlands occupy a much bigger area.

Excuse me sir, but I think you'll find that the mountains in Scotland are 37% larger than yours! Even a similar sized area, such as Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park has 8 Munros larger than your Scafell Pike (978 metres)!

Only kidding, I love the Lake District, it seems to compress a lot of stunning scenery into a small package, whereas Scotland has an abundance of barren wilderness. Unfortunately despite living in such a scenic country I have never taken any landscapes so one of my planned projects for the winter is to get to the top of a peak and take some snow shots.

Since I haven't been out much recently (due to family issues) here is one from the past. This was taken in 2003 on my first digital camera, a Sony Mavica purchased 1997! Resolution was top notch for it's day, remember this was before memory cards so this was saved onto the onboard floppy disc! This is sunrise (at 5am!) from the top of Mount Sinai in Egypt, at 2285m it towers above any peak in Scotland.

Attachments

• Egypt11.JPG
    Egypt11.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 92

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
The mountains in the Scottish Highlands aren't much higher than those in the English Lake District, but the Highlands occupy a much bigger area.

Hahahaahahahahahaha!

Excuse me sir, but I think you'll find that the mountains in Scotland are 37% larger than yours! Even a similar sized area, such as Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park has 8 Munros larger than your Scafell Pike (978 metres)!

Thank crap someone corrected this.

Nadav

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2007
Took this after getting off the subway after school.
C&C appreciated!

<snip photo>

I really like this photo, and like to take pictures like this, but usually I do it on a table. Not sure if I would ever put my hard earned money on a dirty subway floor. :p Nonetheless its a great photo.

MaddMacs

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2008
Flagstaff, Az
Jester Fern

2917968356_0c28430543_b.jpg

This is our little Yorkie/poo,12 yrs old. I was commissioned to take some portraits of him by my GF. I think it came out fairly well considering black dogs are not very photogenic.

Delta608

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2007
Tampa Bay
Not a technically great picture, but it's the most emotional one I've ever took. This is my mum (and my son) taken 6 weeks ago at my mate's wedding. It's the last picture I took of her, she died 3 days ago from lung cancer.

<snip photo>

Don't smoke, kids. If you do, quit.

Great picture...Thanks for sharing....

seenew

macrumors 68000
Dec 1, 2005
Brooklyn
Model: Canon EOS 5D
Shutter Speed: 1/160 second
F Number: F/5.0
Focal Length: 70 mm
ISO Speed: 200
Date Picture Taken: Oct 7, 2008, 5:15:31 PM

self portrait

daylightBalanceSM.jpg

fullsize here
setup here

NintendoChick

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2008
2925317537_3fbcf3e2f6_b.jpg

One of the first shots on my new Nikon D40. (my little brother didn't realize I was taking pictures of him :D)

CnC Greatly appreciated!

RHVC59

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2008
Eugene, Oregon
Bear's Eye

To this one today at work... It is from a totem pole from SE Alaska.
Hand held, Existing light 1600 ISO,
F4.0 1/60 -2.67
18-55 mm at 18.00mm

Attachments

• Bears-eye.jpg
    Bears-eye.jpg
    317.7 KB · Views: 62

nidserz

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2008
Dubai x Toronto
I really like this photo, and like to take pictures like this, but usually I do it on a table. Not sure if I would ever put my hard earned money on a dirty subway floor. :p Nonetheless its a great photo.

Haha thanks!
Yeah it was a spur of the moment thing. The table/seating was too far away from what I wanted to capture.
I was just playing around and was really pleased with the results.
Don't worry I kissed my baby all better incase it did get a lil scruffy from the subway floor haha! j/k

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
Last edited by devilot : Today at 11:32 AM. Reason: Removed quoted image, please don't quote images, thanks

Here we go again...
Has this issue still not been resolved? I was under the impression that the consensus was that in a photo thread it was allowed to quote images, as long as you TIMG-ed them. Perhaps it's time to revive the discussion we had some months ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.