Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SeVeN

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2006
San Jose
Here is one of a series that I am working on

Ducati-1098B.jpg

how do you guys frame the picture like that

thanks

TheBusDriver

macrumors 6502
Dec 24, 2005
Be honest with me, I'm sort of thinking of going into photography as my major, If I suck I need to know it :)

DSC00918-1.jpg

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
Be honest with me, I'm sort of thinking of going into photography as my major, If I suck I need to know it :)

lol! Best line asking for C&C ever.

As it was loading I was thinking "eh" but then when the bottom of the picture loaded and I saw the feet I thought "whoa." I like it, but you'll find a lot of photography is subjective. If it's what you love and you can at least eke out a living, I say go for it. Do what makes you happy!

nidserz

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2008
Dubai x Toronto
A shot from Nuit Blanche (arts festival that took place Saturday from sunset-sunrise)
This was at Ryerson's Pond:

*clickity for bigger picture
C&C appreciated. I'm a beginner, not planning on going pro, but just enjoy taking pictures!

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands

DSC00918-1.jpg

You didn't include the EXIF data, so we don't know if you would leave us nice camera if you would jump. If so, by all means jump. There are already more than enough photographers in this world.

( I like the idea of the photo!)

Did I forget to tell you to jump?

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Now this is a beautiful sight. Hard to believe it's england. Could have been scotland. Desolate landscape, fences leading the eyes into the image. What's behind the corner? I really like this one Doylem. (and hardly any oversaturated green :) )

Thanks... What's behind the corner? Why, a Burger King, of course...

The mountains in the Scottish Highlands aren't much higher than those in the English Lake District, but the Highlands occupy a much bigger area.

You can drive across the Lake District in an hour. The Hardknott & Wrynose Pass (start of the road below...) offers white-knuckle driving on a succession of hair-pin bends, as steep as 1:3 :eek:.

wrynosemz9.jpg

sra. Aguirre

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2008
i would like to know what photo of the day means......cause I am not sure if it implies photography skills (and tools) cause I have none of that. just like looking at the world trough a lens and capture it (in a different way)

Anyway as long as I don't get busted out of the thread, I'll keep on posting :)

2899997317_f2a9b0caae_b.jpg

sra. Aguirre

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2008
You didn't include the EXIF data, so we don't know if you would leave us nice camera if you would jump. If so, by all means jump. There are already more than enough photographers in this world.

( I like the idea of the photo!)

Did I forget to tell you to jump?

Too funny!!! LMAO reading this....:D

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
iGary - great bridge shots. I passed through there yesterday and wanted to stop along there, but was in a hurry to get to Julia Pfeiffer Burns SP and grab a shot of the beach at sunset on my way back to San Diego.

2918066948_fedc22a67a_b.jpg

Thanks,

You had more wind than I did when I was there, which helps. Sundown is the best time to catch a shot of McWay Cove. I like your shot. :)

Now now, you just have to share the story behind this one!

I was in Cupertino last week and saw the car when I was at Apple HQ. I had seen on the Internet that his car has no plates, and there it was. Stalker that I am.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
i would like to know what photo of the day means......cause I am not sure if it implies photography skills (and tools) cause I have none of that. just like looking at the world trough a lens and capture it (in a different way)

Anyway as long as I don't get busted out of the thread, I'll keep on posting :)

Photo of the day? The clue's in the name, I guess... :)

And you've got photography skills, but, as with everyone else, they can be improved (by comparison, practice, gentle C&C, etc).

lfhdez

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2008
Southern CA
Long Time Reader, First Time Poster

Newbie here.
I've been reading for about 6 months now. C&C Appreciated.

PS: Doylem, I LOVE your shots. I went by the lake district for holiday in 2000 during Easter and I stopped at this little church, in this little town somewhere, and then stayed at a haunted inn, I've been trying to find it since then.

Attachments

• IMG_984750.jpg
    IMG_984750.jpg
    571.6 KB · Views: 74

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Doylem, I LOVE your shots. I went by the lake district for holiday in 2000 during Easter and I stopped at this little church, in this little town somewhere, and then stayed at a haunted inn, I've been trying to find it since then.

Thank you. Haunted pubs? How about the Commodore in Millom... or the King's Head in Ulverston? "Little church"? "Little town"?? Gonna need more clues... :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.