Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abijnk

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Went to the Miramar Air Show at the MCAS Miramar base outside of San Diego. The Blue Angels were part of the show along with a bunch of others. Anyways, here goes nothing...

EDIT: I know it "photo" of the day, not "photos," but this is more for comedic value. They played a Get A Mac ad ("Throne") during one of the breaks. :D

Attachments

• BlueAngels.jpg
    BlueAngels.jpg
    700.2 KB · Views: 141
  • GetaMa.jpg
    GetaMa.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 898

miiles

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2008
California
Sadly I lost the high resolution version of this due to a hard drive crash.

Attachments

• best picture ive ever taken.jpg
    best picture ive ever taken.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 150

andrew050703

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2006
Portsmouth, U.K
IMG_0811.jpg

An aquatic mammal (not sure what, otter maybe?) finally saw me sneaking up on him as he was sunbathing on the dock, near Port Townsend, Wa

Yup he's an otter; the ones i've seen are really not camera shy so got some great shots of them staring down the lens (sadly none this month so can't post here)

dllavaneras

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
Caracas, Venezuela
Saw a really cool spider on our back porch, and I did the best I could with what I had. Any advice would be great; also, anyone know what kind of spider this is?

Nice! This is a female Golden Orb Weaver, Nephila clavipes. The male is much, much smaller in size.

This is a spiny orb weaver, genus Micrathena

Attachments

• Micrathena.jpg
    Micrathena.jpg
    588.1 KB · Views: 110

TheJayWay

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Mums

Not a technically great picture, but it's the most emotional one I've ever took. This is my mum (and my son) taken 6 weeks ago at my mate's wedding. It's the last picture I took of her, she died 3 days ago from lung cancer.

2794205914_ea569e387e.jpg

Don't smoke, kids. If you do, quit.

I'm sorry to hear this as well Fuzzy. I feel your pain as well. I lost my mum to Lung Cancer August 17th.

abijnk

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Another shot from the Miramar Air Show. I wish I could have zoomed in more, but I don't have the right lens (yet). :eek:

F-22 Raptor

Attachments

• F-22.JPG
    F-22.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 150

wheezy

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
Alpine, UT
Another shot from the Miramar Air Show. I wish I could have zoomed in more, but I don't have the right lens (yet). :eek:

F-22 Raptor

I love Air Shows, we always head down to Nellis AFB in Las Vegas for the Thunderbirds homecoming show in November. That Raptor is something else to see! As fast as jets are, that thing is noticeably faster. The power those jets have is just incredible. Great shots!

abijnk

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I love Air Shows, we always head down to Nellis AFB in Las Vegas for the Thunderbirds homecoming show in November. That Raptor is something else to see! As fast as jets are, that thing is noticeably faster. The power those jets have is just incredible. Great shots!

Thanks!

They were having the F-22, F/A-18 and F-16 stay pretty far from the crowd, so with my 200mm zoom lens it was really impossible to get anything great, but it was so fun to try and get the timing down!

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
Doylem
Great shot, I love the mood it gives off! Very evocative image.

wheezy
Love the composition on this, not to mention a good shot of a beautiful animal

Been awhile since I've had time to drag the camera out, no pictures for me for a bit :(.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.