Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
Originally posted by neut
you really have to stay on top of this thread don't you? ;)

i want in on the fun:

and on to shake things up:

cool photos everyone. i like the different styles shown just on this page. it would be weird to stumble upon this thread now; there are so many great photos to see – it would take forever to catch up. keep 'em coming! :D

peace.

btw- watched the Ring again last night... man, that movie is full of eye candy. i'd like to get a print of the sunset/fire tree scene. purely awesome. i would love to work on a movie like that. too much fun.

Very cool pic of the tree...looks as if it was shot with IR film but I know it wasn't :) What's that bunch of light in the lower left? It's a cool effect....I love the movie from The Ring....I was working on a short film like it before I got my mac....and I haven't started back up on it since I realized I made the video size slightly off for widescreen presentation...I have one of those mannequins you use to draw and I made him walk around...it was cool....I think the video may still be on my USF server...lemme see....

http://helios.acomp.usf.edu/~clay4/movies/mannequin(HQ).mov

It should still be there.....yeah that movie [The Ring] would have been fun to work on....we should get everyone on the photo thread to work on a single script and shoot all our parts seperately and then mold them all into a single movie, I think that'd be really cool if we could pull it off and even cooler if it actually won awards or something :)

....and now for a few other replies...

jrichie, those driving shots were cool....love the cloud....I have one driving shot on my site site (not s typo I meant gra-phix.com)...

themadchemist....I have no idea what it is? maybe the inside of a marble? I dunno....the flashlight stuff was just using a flashlight to make light trails :) You want to set up the camera to do a long exposure (those were both 15 seconds, which is the max my digital camera will do) and make sure to avoid aiming the flashlight at the camera....that's somewhat why the "kata" I did with the flashlight is slanted past the camera :)

If you need to know anything else about it just lemme know....i got some interesting shots last night and today of me holding my sword....the moon was full last night so I tried to get it's light as I made a slice with the katana....i couldn't maintain the shine through the whole thing and so it didn't come out but where I started...oh well...I'll have plenty more chances assuming I don't die soon somehow :D

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
this is an interesting shot methinks....I'm working on modifying some images for a school project...it wasn't looking too promising....but then I got this to happen :) still don't know if I'm going to use it for sure....

BTW, I'm sorry if this is too dark for those of you with CRTs....

Attachments

• katana.jpg
    katana.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 302

MacBandit

macrumors 604
Originally posted by zync
this is an interesting shot methinks....I'm working on modifying some images for a school project...it wasn't looking too promising....but then I got this to happen :) still don't know if I'm going to use it for sure....

BTW, I'm sorry if this is too dark for those of you with CRTs....

Looks fine on my CRT. I would say it's only too dark if someone doesn't calibrate their CRT.

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
Originally posted by MacBandit
Looks fine on my CRT. I would say it's only too dark if someone doesn't calibrate their CRT.

Let me be more specific....those of you with OLD CRTs :D

BTW, I don't actually have a tattoo I drew it on with a pen :)...it was really hard cause I'm right handed!

hey madchemist, is that actually one of those globe type of things with the blue liquid and clear liquid with things floating in it? Do you know what I'm talking about?

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
Originally posted by themadchemist
So take your guesses as to what it is, and I'll give my super-special secret badge-prize to the winner.

something clear... like the harman kardon isub or soundsticks. the jellyfish sub has a blue light like that.

or maybe down through a glass table???

interesting picture.

peace.

MacBandit

macrumors 604
Let me be more specific....those of you with OLD CRTs :D

BTW, I don't actually have a tattoo I drew it on with a pen :)...it was really hard cause I'm right handed!

hey madchemist, is that actually one of those globe type of things with the blue liquid and clear liquid with things floating in it? Do you know what I'm talking about?

BTW you are almost as hairy as I am.:rolleyes: :p

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
Very cool pic of the tree...looks as if it was shot with IR film but I know it wasn't :) What's that bunch of light in the lower left? It's a cool effect....<snip>...I have one of those mannequins you use to draw and I made him walk around...it was cool....I think the video may still be on my USF server...lemme see....<snip>....we should get everyone on the photo thread to work on a single script and shoot all our parts seperately and then mold them all into a single movie, I think that'd be really cool if we could pull it off and even cooler if it actually won awards or something :)
<snip>

the light in the photo is lens flare...

funny movie. still camera or dv? i have this really cool idea for stop motion, but the project would take an entire day (24hrs) to shoot and would be vary difficult to pull off, but will see what happens in the future.

a colab. would be cool, but i barely have enough time to finish my own projects: between work, family, music, and web projects; my local shows have all but vanished and my colab. work is waning. i need more time. i can't even finish the damn organech site. and don't get me started on my social life. i need a new car too. at least my cold is disappearing. somethin's gotta' give.

peace.

themadchemist

macrumors 68030
Jan 31, 2003
Chi Town
Actually, you're all wrong. It's...Mouthwash! I shook up the bottle of mouthwash, and took a picture of the bottle through the bottom. I believe it was Listerine.

Another in my line of weird, sub-par pictures. Again, if someone can figure out what it is, you get a spiffy prize. This time it is my Rabies-infected Elephant Rat Tortilla Certificate. It is quite an honor.

Attachments

• pict0083.jpg
    pict0083.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 282

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
Actually, you're all wrong. It's...Mouthwash! I shook up the bottle of mouthwash, and took a picture of the bottle through the bottom. I believe it was Listerine.

Another in my line of weird, sub-par pictures. Again, if someone can figure out what it is, you get a spiffy prize. This time it is my Rabies-infected Elephant Rat Tortilla Certificate. It is quite an honor.

i mean, yeah... Listerine! that's what i meant to say. :D

door knob?

peace.

G4scott

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2002
USA_WA
door knob?

ditto...

ACK!!! sorry about the excessively large picture... I'm working on scaling it down a bit...

And now, for more of my photos... These are from Friday night, when I went cruising around Campus and the Capitol at midnight...

This is our university's tower, again, except at night... I just thought this picture looked interesting with the lighting... You can see the rays of light shining upwards and outwards off of the tower, and I might've gotten a few shots where you could see it, but none were very good... It's be cool if I could capture the rays without overexposing the tower. I might just have to take a normal shot of the tower, and then take a long shot, and use photoshop to put them together...
fnight1.JPG

A macro shot of some words carved in stone behind a fountain on campus.
fnight2.JPG

This is by far, the coolest shot of the night... a 15 second exposure at f 2.8, and I get this beauty... When I saw it in it's full 5 megapixel glory on my computer, I was stunned... I didn't know that water could make an effect like it did on the rocks below the fall, but now, I know...
fnight3.JPG

This is the creepy gate that leads to nowhere on campus... It's a bit tilted, because I think my tripod wasn't setup properly...
fnight4.JPG

This is a steam vent on the gas power plant on campus that looked like it'd make an interesting shot.
fnight5.JPG

The fence around the capitol, originally used to keep cattle off of the capitol lawn.
fnight6.JPG

A shot with a fountain, a cannon, and a statue with the lit capitol in the background...
fnight7.JPG

And finally, a shot with the canon in the lower foreground, with the statue in the back, silhouetted by the capitol...
fnight8.JPG

Blackhawk

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2002
Elk Grove, Calif.
Photography IX

I would have to agree with Neut & G4scott, it looks like a Brass or Copper door nob.

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
the light in the photo is lens flare...

funny movie. still camera or dv? i have this really cool idea for stop motion, but the project would take an entire day (24hrs) to shoot and would be vary difficult to pull off, but will see what happens in the future.

a colab. would be cool, but i barely have enough time to finish my own projects: between work, family, music, and web projects; my local shows have all but vanished and my colab. work is waning. i need more time. i can't even finish the damn organech site. and don't get me started on my social life. i need a new car too. at least my cold is disappearing. somethin's gotta' give.

peace.

I thought it was flare but by the time I had replied I just remembered that it was a light. I wish I had a DV cam. Nope, that was just my S400 and After Effects :D Are you talking about doing a shot of the clouds moving over? Like a day to night shot? Too bad your cold's disappearing because then you won't want to stay inside and work :) I know what you mean I have no time, and when I do I don't feel like doing anything....I've only gotten on average 3 hours of sleep for like the past month....when I was talking about a collaboration I meant everyone in the photo thread so that you don't have to worry about pulling your own weight....true about the site....I haven't had the time to work on my stuff much either....I just started using dreamweaver because it's efficient at syncing my stuff....sadly I'm using it to code but I'm still typing it all out myself...although having it edit links is pretty cool. If only I could teach it my layout....

MacBandit, I'm really not THAT hairy :) my legs are but the rest of me really isn't....it's mostly the darkness of the exposure....I hope :) besides some of my friends are probably harier than you by far! One of my friends we called Yeti for a little while and when he tried to shave off the hair on the edges of his hands it looked funny so he had to shave it all off and we called him mittens! He's not stupid by far BTW, I make him sound like that somehow here though....he got like a 1550 on his SAT or something like that...maybe it was 1450? I dunno....all I know is that I got like a 1290 after getting like 2 hours of sleep and having a cold....it was good enough for me but I know I could've done better...don't feel like paying $75 to find out though...Sorry a little OT there....

G4, you've never seen a long exposure of moving water? Look :)

BTW, put me down for "door knob" :D

themadchemist

macrumors 68030
Jan 31, 2003
Chi Town
zync, blackhawk, g4scott, and neut, congrats.

You have each won a Rabies-infected Elephant Rat Tortilla Certificate. Congrats!

G4scott

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2002
USA_WA
I've seen the slow water before, but I've never seen it like it was on the bottom of the rocks...

zync

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa, FL
Originally posted by G4scott
I've seen the slow water before, but I've never seen it like it was on the bottom of the rocks...

I had a feeling that's what you were talking about...the one I showed there did that but you can't see it as well in that size and crop :)

G4scott

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2002
USA_WA
Moxiemike, great pics. I love the picture of the iron gate, and how the trees in the background fade into the haze...

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
Originally posted by MacBandit

... or has a pile for a CRT on their work PC. i wish they would get me LCD screens or at least trinitron CRTs; that would be nice. i have to be careful when i design non this pile of a machine.

peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.