Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

John.B

macrumors 601
Jan 15, 2008
Holocene Epoch
Arn already touched on it, but this is a very short sighted view. If you edit locally you have much higher chance of losing *your* HD than Adobe does at losing their entire server farm. Even if you backup, a fire could wipe out your entire collection. Putting items online, especially with a company like Adobe or Google means you will most likely *never* lose them.
Bulls***! Just because it may not get lost in a spectacular server farm crash doesn't mean your data won't necessarily one day become logically corrupt or just plain disappear. It could be a driver issue, it could be a hardware fault or misconfiguration, it could even be due to maliciousness or benign neglect on the part of someone at Adobe or whoever they contract their server farm hardware and support through. And if I read the ToU correctly, its tough s*** if it happens to you.

shamino

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2004
Purcellville, VA
Last time I checked, iPhoto wasn't free.
But unless your Mac is over six years old (or an Xserve), iPhoto was bundled with your hardware. An iPhoto version 1 install CD was in the box (but not pre-installed on the hard drive) when I bought my PowerMac G4 in 2002.

Additionally, versions 1 and 2 were originally available as free downloads. A search on Apple's site shows that you can still download version 1.1.1 from them. I don't know if 2.x is still available for download.

Jeonat

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2006
United Kingdom
I've tried it and it seems fairly slow on my MacBook and Vista laptop, definitely not a replacement for the full PS or even Elements but if I need to quickly edit, crop, add text etc. to an image, I'll use it - no problem. And the 2Gb storage is nice.

To anyone having probs with Firefox, I had the same issue but solved it by manually downloading the latest Flash installer from Adobe and installing it. Now works a treat on FF.

On Vista, FF came up with the Flash update screen when first trying to load it, I updated and works fine there.

aafuss1

macrumors 68000
May 5, 2002
Gold Coast, Australia
I tried out Photoshop Express yesterday.

Quite easy to upload and edit your photos-though no way to add text to images it seems and I prefer iPhoto for my image editing needs.

None Such

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2006
I downloaded this last week and haven't used it too much because I have Photoshop CS3. But I sent it to my wife and she loves it. She wanted a way to make a picture black and white and one object color. "pop color" is an easy way to do that for her. She did some of those with the kids holding up easter eggs etc and put them up on her myspace page. She loves it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.