Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EastCoastFlyer

macrumors regular
Whoosh...

Jacksonville Museum of Science and History...

363909350_841cb4d34d.jpg

Nikon D50
50mm / 1.8 lens (@f/1.8)
0.1 sec
ISO 200

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
Awwww! I hope you took him home with you.:D
Yes, he was delicious. ;) Joking! I haven't gone native...:rolleyes:
I think he/she had a mom handy; I saw bigger dog of similar color leave the area as I arrived.

Gee's that makes me sad. Is it normal to find stray puppies like these in Daegu? How so? I'd be in trouble if I lived there, me and my girlfriend couldnt help but take them all.

Not so many puppies, but sometimes, yes. Foreigners living here do take some home. The local foreigners' forums often have posts from kind-hearts looking for a home for a stray cat or dog. There seem to be lots of cats living rough, dining on garbage and vermin. I suspect they are an informal part of the local pest control program.

Ok I'll add to it as well...Awwww, so cute. :)
Also YEA! another D40 user. How do you like it so far? And, How is that
70-300vr treating you?
Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks. Yah, cute pup. The camera is fine so far (a birthday present from me to myself), although I've been kind of busy so it hasn't really been put to the test. I like how light/small it is, and the the quality of the files seem very good. For now it'll be my telephoto/ultra-wide camera, as my Sony R1 and compacts have the mid-range covered.
The 70-300VR is really great. It seems sharp, and that VR is amazing. The puppy shot was hand-held, 1/100s@300mm (450mm in 35mm film cam.s).
I think I may get the Sigma 10-20mm soon.

1...2....3....."Awwwwwwwwww!!!"
straypuppy2.jpg

Same as before, but slightly sadder pose and uncropped.

Silentwave

macrumors 68000
May 26, 2006
Date: October 28, 2006
Camera: Nikon D200
Lens: Voigtländer Ultron 40mm ƒ/2.0 SL Ai-S
ISO: 160
Shutter/Aperture: 1/125s f/2.8

105971705-M.jpg

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
The camera is fine so far (a birthday present from me to myself), although I've been kind of busy so it hasn't really been put to the test.

A new camera? Man, you change camera's more often than I change underwear. :)
You do know that you can erase the flash memory when it is full? :)

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
straypuppy2.jpg

Same as before, but slightly sadder pose and uncropped.

I thought he looked sad in the first photo, but this face is even sadder than before. :(

I have a VERY big soft spot for dogs. That's a very cute dog. I can't believe someone wouldn't want him.

And I also noticed that you have a new D40 when you posted your 1st dog photo. The background looks so great. I guess the DSC-R1 wasn't giving you enough. Flawless lens, but I think you said you wanted to get into macro as well, didn't you?

D70S_04113.jpg

"ice and snow #13"
Banff, Alberta, Canada
I.2007

Wow, best photo I have seen in quite a while! :eek:

Yakamoto

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2006
Planet Earth
delirium

Went to see a Cirque de sole show last night,
And was able to sneak in the D40, Security was standing next to me and
never told me to put it away. Yet others with P&S's were told to turn them off. Anyway here is the first of a few...
Multiple lighting+ fast movement +Very dark=Difficult
hand.jpg

D40
Date/Time: 2007:01:20
Focal length: 55.0mm
Exposure time: 0.100 s (1/10)
Aperture: f/5.6
ISO equiv.: 1600
Exposure bias: -0.33
Metering Mode: spot
Exposure: shutter priority

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Wow, I can't believe you took photos at Cirque du Soleil. I went to Varekai with my girlfriend in October, and there's no way I was going to be able to take photos of that show. Absolutely mind-blowing show, and it would have been impossible to really capture it in a photo anyway.

Well it's a new day for me, so here comes another photo. ;) Taken 2 days ago, same info as before (look 3 posts up).

Attachments

• Photo 2.jpg
    Photo 2.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 42

dllavaneras

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
Caracas, Venezuela
Went to see a Cirque de sole show last night,
And was able to sneak in the D40, Security was standing next to me and
never told me to put it away. Yet others with P&S's were told to turn them off. Anyway here is the first of a few...
Multiple lighting+ fast movement +Very dark=Difficult

Awesome shot! at 1/10 of a second it looks sharp. Great job!

rickvanr

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2002
Brockville
The Gallop
January 21, 2007
Brockville, Ontario

dsc005515kx.jpg

Camera: Nikon D80
ISO: 200
Focal Length: 135mm
Shutter/Aperture: 1/250 @ f5.6
Lens: AF-S DX 18-135mm

Finally got some snow here this past week, so it was my first chance to get out and try out the polarizing filter I was given for Christmas. I was quite pleased with the results.

EstorilM

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2007
The Gallop
January 21, 2007
Brockville, Ontario

dsc005515kx.jpg

Camera: Nikon D80
ISO: 200
Focal Length: 135mm
Shutter/Aperture: 1/250 @ f5.6
Lens: AF-S DX 18-135mm

Finally got some snow here this past week, so it was my first chance to get out and try out the polarizing filter I was given for Christmas. I was quite pleased with the results.

Yeah we just got our first snow here this morning, I went out to visit the horses with plans of getting a few shots of them in the snow, but it started to really come down on the way there! I got like 5 shots and had to run home before I got stuck/crashed. I really need something with AWD.

That's a good shot - you probably could have gotten away with higher ISO (400-500ish) unless you wanted to convey the motion in the shot - either way i like! It's nice to see a D80 user on here.

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
New Jazz Festival Moers

Inspired by the cirque de soleil picture I browsed for some pictures I took at the 2004 festival in Moers Germany. That year Mars Williams was invited to do a special project. He created a (jazz) show with the Soul Sonic circus. A real treat! Made some pictures with a P&S Canon S30.

img_1768s.jpg

Yakamoto

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2006
Planet Earth
Inspired by the cirque de soleil picture I browsed for some pictures I took at the 2004 festival in Moers Germany. That year Mars Williams was invited to do a special project. He created a (jazz) show with the Soul Sonic circus. A real treat! Made some pictures with a P&S Canon S30.

img_1768s.jpg

Awesome shot,
Don't you wish they'd just stay still long enough to get a good picture? :p

ethermine

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2007
La Jolla, CA
Several Ninja broke into our house and trashed our dartboard. Actually, room mate and I playing darts. Or... knives? As you can see, we are not very accurate.

ninjadidthis3.jpg

Camera: Canon EOS 5D
Focal Length:50mm
Lens: EF 50mm 1.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.