Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DFZD

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2012
Can't believe no one has commented here yet about how Apple is making iPads more insecure by allowing people to download more kind of apps.

Walkingdead

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2024
Doubtful. GameCube really needs JIT if you want a good experience and Apple doesn’t allow JIT to be enabled for App Store apps. Maybe in a few years as phones get more powerful it will be fine but the tech just isn’t there yet.
TY Do all game consoles that game out the same time as GC and later use JIT?

Jensend

macrumors 65816
Dec 19, 2008
Riley, if you’re reading this, please release an iPad version on the European Apple App Store.

I don’t want to be forced to install a third party App Store in order to get this app.
He'd have to pay a 50 cents per user per year fee to do that. He could make it a paid app on the EU App Store, but he may have reasons for not wanting to do that.

• Sad
Reactions: Populus

bLackjackj

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2016
Can't believe no one has commented here yet about how Apple is making iPads more insecure by allowing people to download more kind of apps.

I'm not sure why your anxious?

You do realize that you can open non-apple sanctioned files in the files app right? Or even test-flight. You would have read about other alt app stores in the EU?

It's not "insecure", all apps are sand-boxed. Even if you download a nefarious file in Apple files, nothing will execute locally.

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
Good to know. Tried it out with my iPhone. Will be nice to have it on my iPad too.

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
He'd have to pay a 50 cents per user per year fee to do that. He could make it a paid app on the EU App Store, but he may have reasons for not wanting to do that.
Do you think connecting to the US AppStore to install Delta, and then logging back to my country AppStore, would be a good solution?

pratax2

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2014
Great news!!! Hope Apple TV is also on the plans! And sega genesis is released together (as iy is in beta right now).
Any news of MAME emulation in iOS?? Is the only thing I need to be fully happy :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.