Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Heat index in the 100's, time to enjoy the big lake:D. Someone obviously enjoys it a little too much.

null_zps16a3c141.jpg

S.B.G

Staff member
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Shrink is quite right; the only word that is appropriate is 'Awwwww' accompanied by a stupid, soppy, smirk.

And again, 'Awwwww'......

It does, doesn't it? I recall being introduced to a monster that was described as a 'baby' Newfoundland many months ago; actually, it was slight older than the 'baby' stage, but, needless to say, the dog was absolutely adorable, sickeningly friendly and indescribably sweet natured; I almost had to be torn away from it.....

Lovely pictures - he certainly has personality.

Agree re the shots of 'Puma'.

Re you own 'tyrannical overlord', the thing is, she would probably whimper and sulk if her care (and feeding) was ever delegated to someone else.......

Thanks! :) Puma is a great cat; the best pet I've ever had the privilege of having.

ijohn.8.80

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2012
Adelaide, Oztwaylya.
Re you own 'tyrannical overlord', the thing is, she would probably whimper and sulk if her care (and feeding) was ever delegated to someone else.......

Too true. I had to leave her for three months in 2005 and when I returned, she was my shadow for about a month. When the new camera and lens arrives, I'll have to set up a tripod and capture her, she has taken to sitting on the computer desk and using my right hand, which is on the mouse, as a pillow. Doesn't matter how much I tap and wiggle away, she just stays there for as long as I'm there.

ijohn.8.80

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2012
Adelaide, Oztwaylya.
Here's a shot of the overlord awaiting my hands return to the mouse, the white thing, bottom of picture. I'll set up the tripod and capture it when the shutter release for the new camera arrives.

_MG_0030_zps347cb2b9.jpg

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
Chewy the cat in the garden and Ian the tortoise too.

Apparently my iPad won't let me upload two pictures to one reply.....here's Ian

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 77
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    677.9 KB · Views: 87
Last edited by a moderator:

S.B.G

Staff member
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Here's a shot of the overlord awaiting my hands return to the mouse, the white thing, bottom of picture. I'll set up the tripod and capture it when the shutter release for the new camera arrives.

Your overlord certainly has that "in charge here" look to him!

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Too true. I had to leave her for three months in 2005 and when I returned, she was my shadow for about a month. When the new camera and lens arrives, I'll have to set up a tripod and capture her, she has taken to sitting on the computer desk and using my right hand, which is on the mouse, as a pillow. Doesn't matter how much I tap and wiggle away, she just stays there for as long as I'm there.

Yes, that is exactly what I would have thought. Commanding and demanding when you are around all of the time, and needy and lost and sorrowful when you are not, but rapidly recovering to reclaim overlordship.......

Thanks! :) Puma is a great cat; the best pet I've ever had the privilege of having.

He looks as though he has plenty of character and personality.

That is a terrific picture of the overlord contemplating a further decade of uninterrupted rule.

This is Star, our female Bengal. The microwave has become one of her favourite sleeping places in the hot weather...:)

Cats just love warmth, and hot spots and have a terrific tolerance for heat. Must be something to do with their desert ancestry.......

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
A couple of shots of our Bengals....Jax ( Jack ) has the most bizzare ways of relaxing......The smaller female ( Star ) loves to lie on my new MIDI KB...:)

Attachments

• Star On My Novation.jpg
    Star On My Novation.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 77
  • Jax On The Sofa.jpg
    Jax On The Sofa.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 101

sk1wbw

Suspended
May 28, 2011
Williamsburg, Virginia
I'm moving to Kill Devil Hills the place we're renting has a 2 cat limit, so I had to put my two little girls up for adoption last night. Broke my freaking heart. These are two of the sweetest little cats I ever had. Faith and Guppy. They look funny because we just had a lion cut grooming on them.

Attachments

• 2013-08-11 11.48.10.jpg
    2013-08-11 11.48.10.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 77
  • 2013-08-11 11.52.01.jpg
    2013-08-11 11.52.01.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 68

J.Appleseed

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2012
The Netherlands
Our Tervueren shepherd is very close to us and our cats, really cute :)
He sometimes wants to sit on my dad's lap, too!

Image%202013.08.17%204%3A59%3A14%20PM.png

2013-07-15%2013.47.03.jpg

2013-08-11%2011.18.55.jpg

Image%202013.08.17%205%3A00%3A15%20PM.png

Image%202013.08.17%205%3A01%3A55%20PM.png

This is him (sitting) with his little sister (lying next to me) :D
Image%202013.08.17%204%3A55%3A41%20PM.png

Todd H

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2002
Eastman, Georgia
Our cat Buzz. Rescued him from a shelter and was supposed to be a gift for my son. Wouldn't you know it he has attached himself to me. Guess I have a cat now. :)

ume9e4un.jpg

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Puma hanging out in the pantry because I left the door open. :p

Puma in the pantry - I love it. Great photo; the flashing eyes tell a tale. Actually, I knew a family (well, the family of my former boss, a history prof) whose cat used to lurk, while waiting for the fridge door to open, before launching himself inside. The family had feared they would close the fridge door shutting the cat inside by mistake, not, actually, because the cat would then get cold, but because he was perfectly capable of demolishing whatever contents he could before his inevitable discovery and eviction from the fridge.

Our cat Buzz. Rescued him from a shelter and was supposed to be a gift for my son. Wouldn't you know it he has attached himself to me. Guess I have a cat now. :)

Great picture and lovely story.

S.B.G

Staff member
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit

What a cute kitty cat! He sure looks comfortable.

Puma in the pantry - I love it. Great photo; the flashing eyes tell a tale. Actually, I knew a family (well, the family of my former boss, a history prof) whose cat used to lurk, while waiting for the fridge door to open, before launching himself inside. The family had feared they would close the fridge door shutting the cat inside by mistake, not, actually, because the cat would then get cold, but because he was perfectly capable of demolishing whatever contents he could before his inevitable discovery and eviction from the fridge.

Puma probably would jump into the fridge too if I let him. Every time I open the door he's right there poking his head inside. I always have to tell him to "watch his face" as I close the door. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.