Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Destroysall

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2012
United States
Her name is Mishu. She's quite old, but she's always energetic. She loves to play and adores attention.
mishu2.jpg

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
My female Bengal Star sleeps in the kitchen during the winter months as right underneath the worktop there is a radiator...she had taken to unravelling the kitchen roll to make herself a little bed...( clever kittie ) but I have now put her favourite cushion there, and she's warm and snug!

Attachments

• Star Kitchen.jpg
    Star Kitchen.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 85

azdog

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2014
Ronin the Dog

ktBJV9

Attachments

• r1.JPG
    r1.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 73
  • r3.JPG
    r3.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 71
  • r4.JPG
    r4.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Wild-Bill

macrumors 68030
Jan 10, 2007
bleep
Recent rescue, early October. Named her ScardeeyCat because she's afraid of everything. Couldn't bear the thought of her having to tough out this winter outside.

Since being a new "indoor" cat for the last couple of months, I may have to change her name to Jabba the Cat, as she has seen some serious horizontal expansion. This pic was taken after about a month of being inside.

Attachments

• photo 2-22.jpg
    photo 2-22.jpg
    616 KB · Views: 78

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Recent rescue, early October. Named her ScardeeyCat because she's afraid of everything. Couldn't bear the thought of her having to tough out this winter outside.

Since being a new "indoor" cat for the last couple of months, I may have to change her name to Jabba the Cat, as she has seen some serious horizontal expansion. This pic was taken after about a month of being inside.

Plenty of TLC and she'll come round...the trick with rescues is to let them come to you...that first day when she comes to you for a stroke and a fuss makes it all worthwhile...pure magic.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
Plenty of TLC and she'll come round...the trick with rescues is to let them come to you...that first day when she comes to you for a stroke and a fuss makes it all worthwhile...pure magic.

46561127.jpg

…anyway, if anybody needs me, I'll be rifling through the medicine cabinet, trying to find something that will help me forget such a horrible pun. :eek:

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011

…anyway, if anybody needs me, I'll be rifling through the medicine cabinet, trying to find something that will help me forget such a horrible pun. :eek:

Oh dear...:D

Serious horizontal expansion....Hmm, normally that = pregnancy.:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Wild-Bill

macrumors 68030
Jan 10, 2007
bleep

More complex than that. She was obviously someone's pet at some point. For three years my parents fed her, tried to get some humane organizations to come out and rescue her,but no one ever did. I had always said once I move into a house I would rescue her myself. I have a 10 year old orange / white tabby named Gizmo, indoor-only. I always wanted to get him a buddy but didn't have the room. Finally caught her in October and brought her to PetSmart for a full checkup, ear cleaning, shots, etc. After all that time outside in her own, the only thing she had was ear mites. No fleas, no ticks. I was shocked.

So I started by setting her up in the spare bedroom with her own litter box, her own food, etc... I left the door closed for a good three weeks, always checking on her and petting her. Slowly introduced the two. It took a while. I think she got bullied by feral cats in the past. But they are getting along much better. She realizes he is no threat.

She will now come out of "her" room and walk to the end of the hall when she hears me break out the Temptations treats. That was a major milestone.
But she does spend a great deal of time under the bed back there. A lot of times when she sees me coming she darts under the bed. Not always, but more than I think she should. I am careful not to raise my voice, move quickly, or otherwise do anything to startle her. She won't come out and hang out at all, and it's a shame because there is so much room for the two of them to run around like maniacs. I wonder if she looks outside at all the snow piled up and equates that to: "yeah, I've got it much better now.." :p

torchwood84

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2010
Irvine, Scotland
Maya Again

1) Get your own! 2) She claimed the new cushion! 3) Don't know what she was doing!

Attachments

• IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0050.jpg
    IMG_0050.jpg
    609.7 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0102.jpg
    IMG_0102.jpg
    691.6 KB · Views: 81

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
More complex than that. She was obviously someone's pet at some point. For three years my parents fed her, tried to get some humane organizations to come out and rescue her,but no one ever did. I had always said once I move into a house I would rescue her myself. I have a 10 year old orange / white tabby named Gizmo, indoor-only. I always wanted to get him a buddy but didn't have the room. Finally caught her in October and brought her to PetSmart for a full checkup, ear cleaning, shots, etc. After all that time outside in her own, the only thing she had was ear mites. No fleas, no ticks. I was shocked.

So I started by setting her up in the spare bedroom with her own litter box, her own food, etc... I left the door closed for a good three weeks, always checking on her and petting her. Slowly introduced the two. It took a while. I think she got bullied by feral cats in the past. But they are getting along much better. She realizes he is no threat.

She will now come out of "her" room and walk to the end of the hall when she hears me break out the Temptations treats. That was a major milestone.
But she does spend a great deal of time under the bed back there. A lot of times when she sees me coming she darts under the bed. Not always, but more than I think she should. I am careful not to raise my voice, move quickly, or otherwise do anything to startle her. She won't come out and hang out at all, and it's a shame because there is so much room for the two of them to run around like maniacs. I wonder if she looks outside at all the snow piled up and equates that to: "yeah, I've got it much better now.." :p

It just takes time, and you are doing all the right things...It could take a few months...even longer, but once she gains total trust she will come to you for affection...It;s the last step with rescues. Good luck with your pet, and a big plus for rescuing her...there are way too many cats and dogs that just need a loving home...My two are indoor cat's too, but introducing a third would be out of the question...My female ( Star ) would likely kill or seriously wound any newcomer she didn't like...She's very fussy about who she likes too...she was once an outdoor cat, and has far more of the wild Asian Leopard in her than my big male Jax...It's good it's that way around, because he's a very large, powerful cat and if he did ever turn nasty, he'd be one hell of a handful. Fortunately, he is the sweetest natured cat I've ever came across....Soft as a brush, and very much "Daddy's" cat.....sleeps with me on the bed every night!

----------

1) Get your own! 2) She claimed the new cushion! 3) Don't know what she was doing!

That's cat's....You can buy the most expensive food, toy's anything and they'll just play with the box it comes in!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.