Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

azdog

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2014
Oliver greeting me when I get home work from inside caterium

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 104

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
My two are a little sulky this morning after they both had boosters at the Vets yesterday...It does seem to slow them down a bit each time they go

Attachments

• Jax Post Vets.jpg
    Jax Post Vets.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 79
  • Star Post Vet.jpg
    Star Post Vet.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,332

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
My two are a little sulky this morning after they both had boosters at the Vets yesterday...It does seem to slow them down a bit each time they go

And neither time nor energy for the revenge you suggested might result from the Theft Of A Cushion in post 2953……in an earlier post (or did the promised retribution ever actually take place?)

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
And neither time nor energy for the revenge you suggested might result from the Theft Of A Cushion in post 2953……in an earlier post (or did the promised retribution ever actually take place?)

They actually SHARED the cushion in the end! I was amazed as she normally won't even let me take the cover off it to wash it...I didn't take a photo unfortunately, but normally she'd give him a swipe!:)

I DID take a shot...thought I had, just hadn't moved it over from my Photostream...Not the best as bright sunlight + iPhone 5S isn't the best, as you can see, they did share it...for around an hour...then she kicked him off!

Attachments

• Sharing.jpg
    Sharing.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 81
Last edited by a moderator:

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
They actually SHARED the cushion in the end! I was amazed as she normally won't even let me take the cover off it to wash it...I didn't take a photo unfortunately, but normally she'd give him a swipe!:)

I DID take a shot...thought I had, just hadn't moved it over from my Photostream...Not the best as bright sunlight + iPhone 5S isn't the best, as you can see, they did share it...for around an hour...then she kicked him off!

Thanks for the update; it is a very funny tale, and thanks for posting the lovely pictures. ;)

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Thanks for the update; it is a very funny tale, and thanks for posting the lovely pictures. ;)

Bengals are truly different...Your average tabby or ginger whilst making excellent pets and company, are not really in the same category as any ALC descendant.

The leopard cat is a breed, widespread in Asia and has two specific bloodlines. From the two you'll find the Rosetted ( like my female) or Sepia (Like my boy) there are a couple of variations...Snow Sepia, Seal Sepai, but they are all very large and very powerful animals...People often have to re-home them, and the usual issue is "This cat is tearing my house apart" they can, but provided with enough scratching towers and toys, coupled with a lot of time spent with their human "Slaves", they are easily adapted as pets.

My two are house cat's and do not enter or terrorise the outside world....Star in particular is a freelance assassin who used to bring in badgers and all kinds of wildlife way bigger than she is. They became mine after I split with my finance a while back, so you could say I got the kids!

Either way, they are my family and i wouldn't be without them....In many respectsI prefer them to human company now. A picture of them recently for amusement...:)

Attachments

• Kittens.jpg
    Kittens.jpg
    916.9 KB · Views: 103
  • Bedtime.jpg
    Bedtime.jpg
    892.9 KB · Views: 75

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Bengals are truly different...Your average tabby or ginger whilst making excellent pets and company, are not really in the same category as any ALC descendant.

The leopard cat is a breed, widespread in Asia and has two specific bloodlines. From the two you'll find the Rosetted ( like my female) or Sepia (Like my boy) there are a couple of variations...Snow Sepia, Seal Sepai, but they are all very large and very powerful animals...People often have to re-home them, and the usual issue is "This cat is tearing my house apart" they can, but provided with enough scratching towers and toys, coupled with a lot of time spent with their human "Slaves", they are easily adapted as pets.

My two are house cat's and do not enter or terrorise the outside world....Star in particular is a freelance assassin who used to bring in badgers and all kinds of wildlife way bigger than she is. They became mine after I split with my finance a while back, so you could say I got the kids!

Either way, they are my family and i wouldn't be without them....In many respectsI prefer them to human company now. A picture of them recently for amusement...:)

Thanks for the informative post; that is very interesting. How long have you had them, and how long have they had each other, or lived together? Initially, reading your posts, and looking at the pictures, I had assumed that they were siblings, but, evidently, from your most recent post, it is clear that they are not.

(When I was at home a few years ago, my next door neighbour's daughter had a pair of male female cat siblings, and we thoroughly enjoyed following their escapades.)

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Thanks for the informative post; that is very interesting. How long have you had them, and how long have they had each other, or lived together? Initially, reading your posts, and looking at the pictures, I had assumed that they were siblings, but, evidently, from your most recent post, it is clear that they are not.

(When I was at home a few years ago, my next door neighbour's daughter had a pair of male female cat siblings, and we thoroughly enjoyed following their escapades.)

I have had them, or I should say, the have lived here for 9 months now, and no, they aren't related to each other at all, although they do behave like an old married couple at times! They were rescued by my ex and were very young at the time..Jax ( Jack) is just five now, and Star is in her middle aged, post motherhood seven years. She had three litters and several apparantly became show champions etc. I'm afraid that leaves me cold, and they are simply part of my family.

They are very spoiled, but if you keep Bengals, most owners will probably say they same thing...They do require a lot of attention, but reward you accordingly. As long as you keep them active and happy they make excellent pets, but are not the same as a cat that comes in and out of the house at will.

Oops...I'm really hijacking this thread today!

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Jax has done quite a few funny things but this one takes the cake. How he's got in there is what baffled me at first, and I fully expected to have to saw him out. Bear in mind this is a VERY large cat and he's in a small space. He showed no signs of panic, so I figured I'd leave him be until he tried to get out and take action if required....Sure enough out he came, tail first as if nothing was out of the ordinary at all. I've never seen him in there but I guess he must know his way in and out okay! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396532168.722068.jpg

M5RahuL

macrumors 68040
Aug 1, 2009
TeXaS
Sun Conure ~ 10 months old... Life Expectancy 25-30 yrs ...Still not completely molted ...

Name: Cheeku :D

Love him to bits!!!

MqY1MwD.jpg

zVSZUVy.jpg

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
Here's Sam, 13 years old, lab / dalmation, charging me this morning.

I'm sorry he came out a bit blurry but you need to be quick when he starts moving :)

Cheers :)

Hugh

Attachments

• Sam Charging.jpg
    Sam Charging.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 81

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Normal morning routine for Jax....He lies like this until I get up...They will compete for who gets the prized spot. Bengals like little places so the duvet "Well" is ideal for him and he would happily lie there all day ( apart from meal times of course) unless I get up.

He's still sound asleep on my bed now:D

Attachments

• Jax In My Lap.jpg
    Jax In My Lap.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 82
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.