Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

digitalrebelxt

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2006
This time post your best macro photo *Only One*

Not to large of photo either.

I call this one, Fruit w/ Bubbles

60379204_52a89db0bb.jpg

Original link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/digital_rebel_xt/60379204/

Camera EXIF-
Camera: Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT
Exposure: 0.04 sec (1/25)
Aperture: f/14
Focal Length: 100 mm

jared_kipe

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2003
Seattle
I'll post this cause its a good shot and one of my first with my new 30D.
dandylion.jpg

EDIT: Canon 30D M f11 1/200 Sigma 150mm Macro Black&White Mixer in Aperture.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
digitalrebelxt said:

I call this one, Fruit w/ Bubbles

Mmmm....bubblelicious!! Nice shot! :)

jared_kipe said:
I'll post this cause its a good shot and one of my first with my new 30D.

Very nice, Jared! Looks as though you know how to handle your new camera quite well! You got great detail on that dandelion and the main focal area is sharp as a tack with nice soft bokeh behind and around it....

cgratti said:
Here's my macro... A small spider trying to hide from the camera.

For some reason the song "Itsy Bitsy Spider..." is going through my head right now! LOL!

Crawn2003 said:
From a class I took; a class ring.

Very nice; well done!

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Only taken one macro shot, ever, just a couple of days ago out in the garden... not extremely close or particularly good, but kind of nice, if I may say so... ;) :)

My former digital camera didn't have a macro function at all, and I was never much into macro shooting with my old OM-1, not Olympus Centurion, either...

Attachments

• macro.jpg
    macro.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 189

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
jared_kipe said:
Thanks, you shooting for most posts ever? ;)

No....why do you ask? I'm not concerned about my post count and in fact I don't even know what it is right now, so why are you concerned about my post count?

Actually, I'm trying to be nice and supportive to those who have taken the time to post a shot they've made..... I think it is important to provide feedback when someone submits an image to the forum.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Clix Pix said:
I love the bright yellow against the dark background: very effective!
He-he... quite a coincident that I even took that... I was out taking a few pictures of the cats enjoying the spring, almost trampled the flowers down, but saw them in the last minute and thought: Now there's something to take a picture of... :)

Only took that one of them though, I might have taken the opportunity to test the macro function a bit better, but I was so hung up on the cats... :eek: ;)

jared_kipe

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2003
Seattle
Clix Pix said:
No....why do you ask? I'm not concerned about my post count and in fact I don't even know what it is right now, so why are you concerned about my post count? Heh, Shard and Mad Jew have me beat by a mile when it comes to post count -- LOL!

Neat -- but what IS it?! LOL! Any way you can make this a little larger?
I'm not concerned about your post count, I'm "concerned" about you replying like 5 times in a row. But the winkie made it somewhat a joke none the less.

Clearly it is a pine branch with snow on it.

EDIT: Nevermind looks like a moderator put them together.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Mitty, next time see if you can get even closer to the flowers, see if you can fill the frame with one.....this is the kind of shot that has real impact and which also is considered true "macro." You're off to a good start!

jared_kipe said:
I'm not concerned about your post count, I'm "concerned" about you replying like 5 times in a row. But the winkie made it somewhat a joke none the less.

Clearly it is a pine branch with snow on it.

EDIT: Nevermind looks like a moderator put them together.

That's fine with me.... As I said, I'm not concerned about my post count. If I could figure out how to do that, putting several quotes together in one post, I'd do it myself! Since I haven't mastered that yet, I wind up sending individual responses in several posts.... Gotta work on that!

jared_kipe

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2003
Seattle
Clix Pix said:
That's fine with me.... As I said, I'm not concerned about my post count. If I could figure out how to do that, putting several quotes together in one post, I'd do it myself! Since I haven't mastered that yet, I wind up sending individual responses in several posts.... Gotta work on that!
you just do
[ quote=name ]text[ /quote ]
over and over with a different name and text every time. (without spaces all the time in the [])

Blong

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Flower macro - lensbaby

Here is a macro I took a few weeks ago with my lensbaby and macro attachment.

Cool.

Rob

Attachments

• IMG_8940(2).jpg
    IMG_8940(2).jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 200

jared_kipe

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2003
Seattle
Blong said:

Cool.

Rob
I like this, I wish it had more DOF and in sharp area, but I guess with a Lensbaby that won't be happening.

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
digitalrebelxt said:

I call this one, Fruit w/ Bubbles[/SIZE]

I love this image! Though you didn't say if would could add comments, but I hope you won't mind. I would have liked to see it cropped a bit tighter.

Haven't gotten much into macro work as of yet. But attached is an image that I will say is a fake macro. It was done on my Rebel XT with the Tamron 28-75 at its closest focusing distance. But was not enough, so I over res'd it in PS. I like how it turned out. And to be fair, I will accept any critique on my posting here.

Also out of respect to digitalrebelxt, the basis for this image can be found in this thread (https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/197335/).

Attachments

• penn contest4_web.jpg
    penn contest4_web.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 160

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
SpAtZ said:

I know that it was requested for us not to post large images, but could you please post a slightly bigger one of this? It looks intriguing. :)

jared_kipe said:
you just do
[ quote=name ]text[ /quote ]
over and over with a different name and text every time. (without spaces all the time in the [])

The way I do on the Mac is to Command-click on the quote button to open another tab with the post I want to quote. Command-A to select all text. Then Command-V to paste it in to actual post I am writing. One then can edit out the extra stuff.

Though as a contributer like Clix, I am not worried about post counts too. I just feel that at times that separate posts makes more sense depending on what I am commenting on, and sometimes how late I am to the "party".

Hope that you and the mods don't take offense at my soon to be three posts in a row here in this thread.:)

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
Blong said:

Cool.

Rob

simie said:
Here is a wasp eating a greenfly type insect.

You two have some fantastic images there. Better IMO than my humble offering.

Blong, you are making me want to go out and get the macro set for my Lensbaby.

Please be sure to add this image and any future Lensbaby images to this thread (https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/196031/) - as you already have. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.