Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

minitrialer

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2005
Uk,Suffolk,Ipswich
superb shots, love the colours in the second one.

Also here is mine.

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 156

NATO

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2005
Northern Ireland
I'm still very very new to Photography (and the first time I've posted in the Digital Photography section!), but I went up to the Giants Causeway on the North Coast of Northern Ireland yesterday and took this picture. Could anyone give me some feedback on it?

causewaysunset.jpg

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
virividox said:
gj on getting the horizon level, and not blowing out the sun! ;) would have been nice to include something in the foreground other than just water to give the picture something for the viewer to look at other than the sun. that said its a nice shot

Had to edit my comments, since I at first did not get "gj" - keep in mind not all of are text messaging users. :) I realize now that it meant "good job".

Something in the foreground would have been nice. But some hard cropping (see the attached) would maybe have helped.

Also if you have time with shots like this, try seeing the effect of letting the sun getting lower on the horizon when there no suitable foreground subjects.

Attachments

• causewaysunset_2.jpg
    causewaysunset_2.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 108

-hh

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2001
NJ Highlands, Earth
Clix Pix said:
So THAT's what a men's room looks like! Well, whaddya know....
:D :D :D :D :D

Eh, a little bit off-topic in this thread, but interesting nonetheless! Maybe we should have a thread featuring abstracts? Or one featuring bathrooms? LOL!

Sure, but first you have to pass the test! ;)

-hh

Chip NoVaMac said:
Had to edit my comments, since I at first did not get "gj" - keep in mind not all of are text messaging users. :) I realize now that it meant "good job".

Something in the foreground would have been nice. But some hard cropping (see the attached) would maybe have helped.

Also if you have time with shots like this, try seeing the effect of letting the sun getting lower on the horizon when there no suitable foreground subjects.

i think you cropped a tad hard, would be nice to see some ocean

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
There are some amazing photos in this thread.

digitalrebelxt said:

Now that is a truly beautiful picture! Wow.

kd5boc said:
The grass was actually a dead grey color, but the Mercury-Vapor light to the left made for an interesting green shade you can also see on the fence posts.
139298869_69691108d6_o.jpg

Ooooh, very eerie. I love the colouring... looks like something from a weird sci-fi movie!

digitalrebelxt

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2006
another newer one

145459331_60822aa54d.jpg

Camera: Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT
Exposure: 0.001 sec (1/800)
Aperture: f/5.6
Focal Length: 55 mm

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
digitalrebelxt said:
Camera: Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT
Exposure: 0.001 sec (1/800)
Aperture: f/5.6
Focal Length: 55 mm

Lovely image, but at least on my screen there does not seem to be any shadow detail. And that hurts it a bit. Silhouettes require in my eye, not to be too overbearing and a central subject.

Still I am drawn to this image. Thanks for sharing. :)

yoda13

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2003
Texas
Here are some shots from vacation in New Mexico a few years ago...

The last two are out in west Texas.

Attachments

• IMG_0239.jpg
    IMG_0239.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0270.jpg
    IMG_0270.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0734.jpg
    IMG_0734.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_1016.jpg
    IMG_1016.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 139

paleck

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2005
with the Tequila!
I know I'm kinda late to this thread....hmmm I'm kinda late for most things. The first one is a sunset taken from a cruise ship in the Gulf of Mexico(don't have the source image handy at the moment so I am linking the one from website that I am using for a banner) and the second is a sunrise just cresting over the mountains in early spring.

Banner-200605-06.gif

Panoramic2_small.gif

L

Lau

I was looking through some old prints, and came across this one that I took about 10 years ago at the seaside where I'm from.

Sorry for the bad scan, I'll have to look through for the negative.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
This is ancient (1994) Gakona, Alaska - scanned from a slide (I'm going to need to rescan it :D

D

Attachments

• phGakonaSunset.jpg
    phGakonaSunset.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 99

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
Some of these are just spectacular. This is more subdued, but it's a shot off our balcony in Quito. Plane is landing in a clouded sunset.

Attachments

• Quito_planeland.gif
    Quito_planeland.gif
    144.5 KB · Views: 153
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.