Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

webslinger85

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2010
Much needed new pair of glasses. They are exactly like a pair of Oakleys i fell in love with, but the Optician found these for me at half the price. Looooove them

HL234_C3_a.jpg

As well, my first ever pair of prescription sunglasses, as my vision has become slightly worse, i felt like it was time to get a good pair of sunglasses

sun34_a_BLK2.jpg

Reactions: jagooch

kilcher

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2011
That is a very attractive looking dock; Twelve South have some lovely stuff; indeed, I wonder whether that would work well with iPods……

Anyway, please do let me know how you find it….

I have it in silver, it'll work with just about anything. The front (or back, can't remember which) slides forward and back to accommodate thicker devices or devices w/ various sized cases (even a phone in an Otterbox Defender). And there are three pieces included to adjust the height of the lightning cable (which will push it up further into a device or case). Just be aware - it works with YOUR lightning cable, it does NOT come with one.

Very happy with mine. It's metal, not plastic. Looks sharp w/ my black Plus on it. :)

BrettApple

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2010
Heart of the midwest
Last thing to go on my card that wasn't food:
t520a-renew-rx-bug-and-tar-remover.jpg

Last major purchase:
1e02AGHl.jpg

Got a simple point and shoot camera to go places my DSLR simply doesn't fit in well. Like long walking days and concerts where they aren't allowed. Or if I just want to pack light but take better pictures than my phone and have something with a zoom lens. The zoom and the larger sensor are the big pros over a phone camera, as good as they are now days.

=w=

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2012
Congrats! I had mine done a year ago. My vision was terrible before, but now I'm 20/15 in both eyes. I encourage everyone to get an eval. Best money I've ever spent

I got PRK done about two years ago, for free, on the Army's dime.

Also had it done about a year ago, my only regret is that I didn't do it much earlier!

Do you guys (possibly girls?) ever miss wearing glasses?

I like wearing glasses.. I just hate having to wear contacts in order to wear sunglasses. And I don't like prescription sunglasses, because then I have to carry both my glasses and sunglasses with me and it's a pain.

My last purchase was a few new tubes for my fat bike. I have a flat and figured I should have some spares:
uzfb21-1.jpg

Destroysall

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2012
United States
air-duster-5001-p.jpg

can of compressed air

41zMEhiDRfL._SX342_.jpg

10 pk dvd-r

4111134292_e27e8c1c28.jpg

Vivitar 28-85mm f/2.8 lens

Bought this lens for only $5 at a local shop. It has the same mount as my Pentax K1000, so I can't wait to shoot with this lens. :)

ninn

macrumors member
May 8, 2010
how was the actual procedure though ? I keep hearing its rough .. meaning anxiety wise. I can't even put contacts in lol.

I'm like that too. Years ago, I really wanted contacts but couldn't put them in. My surgeon gave me ativan to take 30 minutes before the procedure and another one to take after I got home and then a nap. I remember waiting for the first pill to kick in and then I remember waking up and watching tv at home.

Not me. I have always hated wearing glasses.

Here's my last purchase. 1986 head and 1990's cabinet.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
After two years with no dock for either my iPhone or iPad mini I decided to get a twelvesouth HiRise in black.

Will it work with a slim Spigen case?

----------

can of compressed air

10 pk dvd-r

Vivitar 28-85mm f/2.8 lens

Bought this lens for only $5 at a local shop. It has the same mount as my Pentax K1000, so I can't wait to shoot with this lens. :)

$5 for a f2.8 lens. That's a steal!

Nabooly

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
gnc-mega-men-energy-metabolism-multivitamin-178-a.JPG

I've been taking Multivitamins for years, I'm not sure if it's a placebo or not but it really does give an energy boost and well-rounded in general.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.

I like wearing glasses.. I just hate having to wear contacts in order to wear sunglasses. And I don't like prescription sunglasses, because then I have to carry both my glasses and sunglasses with me and it's a pain.

My last purchase was a few new tubes for my fat bike. I have a flat and figured I should have some spares:

I wear glasses, (and have done since I was a very small child). Actually, I find the idea of using and inserting contacts…..unsettling; thus, I have two pairs with me at all times, my standard glasses, and my sunglasses.

Almost twenty years ago, I decided to get prescription sunglasses, and merely carry them in either my briefcase, or a coat pocket (or occasionally a jacket breast pocket) all the time.

Now, I did find carrying spectacle cases a bit of a nuisance; thanks to recommendations members of this forum on other matters, (such a briefcases and so on) I was made aware of the existence of a few excellent US leather companies, specifically Saddleback and Colonel Littleton. (Thank you fellow MR members who recommended these companies).

While I succumbed and bought briefcases from both (very different styles, but both are excellent), Colonel Littleton also made lovely high quality soft leather spectacle cases, one of which I bought and now use daily for my glasses, and which has aged exquisitely in the year and a half since I bought it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.