Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SteelBlueTJ

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2012
USA
Just updated my setup. Pretty happy with the result.

Attachments

• setup2014 2.jpg
    setup2014 2.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 1,412
  • setup2014.jpg
    setup2014.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 1,232

alvse

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2008
Huge! What are you going to use all that space on the bench tops for?

Don't know yet... really just wanted the storage more than anything, the bench top was just a side effect :p

Probably end up with rubbish on top, but more than likely, models or some crap like that :p

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
the best desk i ever had is the long skinny ones made up of a ikea counter top slab thats 92 inches.

That'll probably be my next desk! I'm currently using an IKEA Jonas (now the Malm I think) and it's a bit cramped.

bullseyetech

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2010
London
My 27" iMac (2011) is still going strong, although sometime I wished I had took the SSD route.

Macbook Air (2013) is perfect for any uni students out there.

iPad Air and currently iPhone 5 as my mobile devices but hopefully next week I will come back with a Space Grey iPhone 6.

Attachments

• IMG_1924.jpg
    IMG_1924.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 1,151
Reactions: ZombiePhysicist

Pweeter

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2014
Sweden
My 27" iMac (2011) is still going strong, although sometime I wished I had took the SSD route.

iPad Air and currently iPhone 5 as my mobile devices but hopefully next week I will come back with a Space Grey iPhone 6.

Not to late, i recently bought an external thunderbolt SSD and installed mavericks on it, and just use the internal disk for my home folder... amazing, it was like buying a new machine... (16 gig RAM does also help)
much cheaper than buying a new machine and puts off a new machine quite a few year i hope

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2012

Do not make it a habit keeping a beverage cup near anything Apple. Be warned #the spill moment.

Reactions: AppleFanatic10

Uofmtiger

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2010
Memphis
Not to late, i recently bought an external thunderbolt SSD and installed mavericks on it, and just use the internal disk for my home folder... amazing, it was like buying a new machine... (16 gig RAM does also help)
much cheaper than buying a new machine and puts off a new machine quite a few year i hope
I did something similar. Like you said, it is like having a new machine.

ksyu

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2011
This is my ageing setup for 6 years and i've slowly diverged away from Apple

My iMac died - replaced with 2012 Macbook Pro
Cinema display died - replaced with Samsung led monitor
Apple wireless mouse died - replaced with a Razer mouse
Apple wireless keyboard died - replaced with Apple wired keyboard
iPhone 5 died - replaced with Xperia Z2

Not much apple left :(

Attachments

• DSC_0076.JPG
    DSC_0076.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 1,361

JoeG4

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2002
amazing keyboard lol

^_^ There are a few things I dislike about it, one of the big glaring ones being that Corsair won't make a Mac version of the config tool, so even if it'd look ok in a Mac setup, you will have to program it on a Windows machine. It's wired, and uses 2 USB ports, but doesn't have a USB port on the keyboard itself. The finish on mine also has spots where it feels rough if you run your finger along it, and that includes the bottom edge of the last row of keys. :\

However, they did tone down a bit on this one, the 'gaming' keys are gone and the spacebar is a normal spacebar without funky texture like the other K70s. I dunno, there's a lot to like about it.

One thing I'm pleased with, is it feels like it was worth the money otherwise. The keys are nice, and the unit is really solid! It's like a giant apple aluminum keyboard. There's still some growing pains with the software but it's been fairly solid for me so far.

Ryvion

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2012
I really like the colour of your leds. Can you share where you got them from?

Actually, it is the Dioder LED strip set from IKEA ;)
There is also a Philips HUE strip behind the desk, which is not activated on the picture.

bullseyetech

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2010
London

What brand did you go with?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.