Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kiju

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2010
Here's a wide angle shot of my new study... cupboards/benchtop all done. Just need to put stuff up on the walls.

and with the main lights off...

Oh boy. I'm trying to draw inspiration for my future setup and I may just have to invest in some LED lighting.

beachyhead

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2014
Wallpaper

My 27" iMac (2011) is still going strong, although sometime I wished I had took the SSD route.

Macbook Air (2013) is perfect for any uni students out there.

iPad Air and currently iPhone 5 as my mobile devices but hopefully next week I will come back with a Space Grey iPhone 6.

I LOVE that wallpaper. Do you have a link? :D

bullseyetech

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2010
London

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    876.5 KB · Views: 771

bigpoppamac31

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
Canada
And here is a shot of the laptop stand that I built out of Lego.
7RHqwjT.png

With what kind of lego did you make the laptop stand?? It's awesome!

----------

I got a new keyboard :D

Now I know it's Macrumors, but I was really proud of the picture I took of my desk just before that! It's one of my favorite low light pictures that I've taken so far.

Oh yes, and the keyboard has ridiculous amounts of customization available - you can program every key to be a separate color, or groups of keys, and make the keyboard react to pushing keys by changing colors or whatever. Here's a GIF of the insanity I've come up with so far:
http://gifs.giflit.com/gifs/EF8C359F-CC22-4A89-8BE9-25779C6989CC.gif

Typing on this thing is different though, while the keys have a lot of travel they activate without much effort.

Could you please post a link for the desktop pic on your Macbook Air? Also what is that big black thing on the floor beside your desk?

gochi

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2011
^_^ There are a few things I dislike about it, one of the big glaring ones being that Corsair won't make a Mac version of the config tool, so even if it'd look ok in a Mac setup, you will have to program it on a Windows machine. It's wired, and uses 2 USB ports, but doesn't have a USB port on the keyboard itself. The finish on mine also has spots where it feels rough if you run your finger along it, and that includes the bottom edge of the last row of keys. :\

However, they did tone down a bit on this one, the 'gaming' keys are gone and the spacebar is a normal spacebar without funky texture like the other K70s. I dunno, there's a lot to like about it.

One thing I'm pleased with, is it feels like it was worth the money otherwise. The keys are nice, and the unit is really solid! It's like a giant apple aluminum keyboard. There's still some growing pains with the software but it's been fairly solid for me so far.

hmm never thought about that, when you put it that way i dont think its worth all the hassles.

----------

Just updated my setup with a new chair...

what type of chair is that and where i can i get it?

thanks.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
I love these threads!

Here's my picture (not sure why it came out so noisy, but I'm in a rush).

2013 15" rMBP and an LG 1080p monitor for when I need more space. Originally, with my old 2011 system, I used it in clamshell with an Apple keyboard and mStand, but with the retina version I actually enjoy reading with just the internal display.

Now I have nothing to do with the keyboard and mStand... :(

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-16 at 1.31.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-16 at 1.31.22 PM.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 858
Reactions: ZombiePhysicist

Pweeter

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2014
Sweden
I love these threads!

Here's my picture (not sure why it came out so noisy, but I'm in a rush).

2013 15" rMBP and an LG 1080p monitor for when I need more space. Originally, with my old 2011 system, I used it in clamshell with an Apple keyboard and mStand, but with the retina version I actually enjoy reading with just the internal display.

Now I have nothing to do with the keyboard and mStand... :(

Eeeh... actually no picture at all :D

Thejrace

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2014
Queens
Just moved in, so excuse the mess. Mid 09 Macbook in the sig with 3tb mybook, soundsticks i, and personal fan right next to my bed:D. That table is only temporary, I'm currently working on a desk with a friend of mine. Thinking about doing the whole coffee book table thing and work off the floor. Should be finished with the desk this coming weekend, so updated pics to come then.

YwzOQz8.jpg

NYR99

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2007
Beautiful dogs in the pictures! The chair looks very comfortable. Nice setup.

Thanks! Here are some more pics of Orion and Rayna: https://flic.kr/s/aHsjUZ4s9m

Is that a Koncept lamp? Does it cause a noticeable glare on your screens, or are the LEDs directionalized?

Yes it is a Koncept Z-Bar (2nd gen), and there is absolutely zero glare, LEDs are directional. It is one of my most favorite purchases of all time, I highly highly highly recommend one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.