Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

11bE5

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2012
Spokane Wa
Here is my new one for traumatic brain injury awareness. I was involved in a bad accident so this means a lot to me

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413209377.006178.jpg

kapolani

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2011
USA
15693939101_8f47be614c.jpg

Added to my half sleeve.

Added some plumeria's with water droplets. My grandmother used to have a couple of Plumeria trees in her backyard that we would pick flowers from for lei's.

Added Kukailimoku the god of war representing my military service.

Inner bicep is still bare.

kapolani

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2011
USA
This looks really nice. How much more are you going to do?

Thank you!

My inner bicep is still bare. I plan on filling that and calling it a day until I turn 50.

I'm thinking I'm going to add either a Pu'eo (Hawaiian owl) or Mano (shark). Both are my family's aumakua (family spirit).

Maybe add some Hawaiian orchids to cap the bottom.

When 50 hits I plan on working down towards my wrist.

This is the artist that did the work. Pretty talented guy.

http://instagram.com/deesanchezink

Heavy Fluid

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2008
Thank you!

My inner bicep is still bare. I plan on filling that and calling it a day until I turn 50.

I'm thinking I'm going to add either a Pu'eo (Hawaiian owl) or Mano (shark). Both are my family's aumakua (family spirit).

Maybe add some Hawaiian orchids to cap the bottom.

When 50 hits I plan on working down towards my wrist.

This is the artist that did the work. Pretty talented guy.

http://instagram.com/deesanchezink

Your artist does some really good work, definitely would go to him. Thanks for posting his Instagram, enjoyed looking at all of the work.

dec.

Suspended
Apr 15, 2012
Toronto
Still sore and fresh... the bear was the first tattoo my mom ever made, back in 1995, after being a relatively accomplished and known airbrush artist she expanded her business, just to completely shut down a few years later due to health issues, but while I'm not the totally sentimental type, I'm pretty proud of that bear tattoo.... anyway, my tattoo guy redid this and also gave me a new arm band, based on the arm band that I have on my right arm, as wrap around. It's based on WatchTower's "Energetic Disassembly" album, I took it apart and re-assembled it as a tattoo band.....

haha I just noticed, my avatar is THAT cover. The two big gaps are there to let a paint drop show, we're filling the background with three or four massive paint spatters which will be running down before and behind the armband.

Attachments

• wt.jpg
    wt.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 394

dec.

Suspended
Apr 15, 2012
Toronto
That is really a great work of body art! Amazing! #

I agree! Amazing work, very real and lots of detail. I'm more into the geometrical stuff - but yours look so detailed and extremely professional, you're safe forever with whoever did those!

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
Starting the back piece... This is about 30 hours plus worth of tattooing done. I have three more sessions and then a touch up and it should be done. Then I get to start on my sides and down the back of the thighs and quads.

That's a gorgeous piece sir.

@AlliFlowers very belated but I am glad you could do something so beautiful to heal from that operation.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Starting the back piece... This is about 30 hours plus worth of tattooing done. I have three more sessions and then a touch up and it should be done. Then I get to start on my sides and down the back of the thighs and quads.

Holy cow! That looks awesome! If you don't mind me asking, how much did that cost?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.