Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phil_94

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2017
Hey whatever makes you happy, I can claim anything on the internet too.
Im Vladimir Putin :D
You did not get total refund, you supposedly got store credit in gift card form and I highly doubt that really happened.
Oh man really? I could tell you several personal stories but i think there are people who just don't want to understand that it's clearly a different situation in Europe. Just to give you another example: once i had a problem with my 3 month old iPad Pro, nothing big but big enough to get a replacement. I still had more than 1 year and 9 month of guaranty at Apple without Apple Care (in Germany you get 1 year at Apple and another year if you bought directly from them, which i did - also because of a law). The employee even told me to not replace it yet because i still got nearly 2 years. So he said just use it as normal and when you want a replacement walk by. So i did an got a refurbished replacement after over a year, with new battery, without scratches etc.

Reactions: Almovi

ericwn

macrumors G5
Apr 24, 2016
Oh man really? I could tell you several personal stories but i think there are people who just don't want to understand that it's clearly a different situation in Europe. Just to give you another example: once i had a problem with my 3 month old iPad Pro, nothing big but big enough to get a replacement. I still had more than 1 year and 9 month of guaranty at Apple without Apple Care (in Germany you get 1 year at Apple and another year if you bought directly from them, which i did - also because of a law). The employee even told me to not replace it yet because i still got nearly 2 years. So he said just use it as normal and when you want a replacement walk by. So i did an got a refurbished replacement after over a year, with new battery, without scratches etc.

Guess some prefer to, live in ignorance and doubt that consumer law is a thing. Fine for them, Darwin sorts those out in the long run.

Almovi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2017
Hey whatever makes you happy, I can claim anything on the internet too.
Im Vladimir Putin :D
You did not get total refund, you supposedly got store credit in gift card form and I highly doubt that really happened.

Ey If you say that you´re Putin or Trump I totally believe you, actually you sound a lot like them... But don't forget!, that you can´t choose to be the Queen of England, because remember I´m the one who got a total refund of my purchase :D

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Last time I checked, a gift card is not a refund. Apple is still not out anything. All they are doing is making you buy another product from them.. And if you don't its a bigger win for them, because they got the device back that they will remanufacture and sell for $400+.

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
The only hardware problems I had with the iPhone are yellow tint and the time I ran a chair over my iPhone 6 and it kept getting kernel attacks. Customer service is impeccable but quality control is definitely not what it used to be a few years ago

Last edited:

Packers1958

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2017
South Dakota
Ey If you say that you´re Putin or Trump I totally believe you, actually you sound a lot like them... But don't forget!, that you can´t choose to be the Queen of England, because remember I´m the one who got a total refund of my purchase :D
Sorry, that's not a refund. All you got was store credit. You can only use it to buy other Apple products. They still have your money and still making a profit off of you, since everything they sell has at least a 25% markup. That money is not sitting in your bank with 100% value. Another win by Apple.

stevemiller

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2008
my iPhone 6 dies after about 4 hours off the charger these days and its giving me a service battery message. I literally don't know what to do. I don't want to sink any money into a 2.5 year old phone, and judging by how quickly this phone started showing its age, I don't want to buy any 6 month to several years old devices apple already has on the market. but its still 6 months from any new models.

I've also be been frustrated enough with my apple experience the past couple years that I've been considering alternatives, but truth be told anything I've checked out in stores look pretty godawful too.

Maybe I'll just be done with this whole modernity thing and move to the woods...

jabbawok

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2004
Worcestershire
my iPhone 6 dies after about 4 hours off the charger these days and its giving me a service battery message. I literally don't know what to do. I don't want to sink any money into a 2.5 year old phone, and judging by how quickly this phone started showing its age, I don't want to buy any 6 month to several years old devices apple already has on the market. but its still 6 months from any new models.

I've also be been frustrated enough with my apple experience the past couple years that I've been considering alternatives, but truth be told anything I've checked out in stores look pretty godawful too.

Maybe I'll just be done with this whole modernity thing and move to the woods...

iPhone 6 batteries are a 5 minute job to replace and cost a few £ now. Just replace the battery. Batteries have a finite lifespan, that's not planned obsolescence, it's just where the technology is at the moment.

darrylcn

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2015
For anyone following my small piece of this story I was given a new 6S Plus today at my appointment. The Genius seemed to think that it was software related but still gave me a replacement once I demonstrated the issue. I'm very thankful, I just hope it fixes the two issues I had, but I'm going to submit bug reports if this phone exhibits the same problems.

stevemiller

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2008
iPhone 6 batteries are a 5 minute job to replace and cost a few £ now. Just replace the battery. Batteries have a finite lifespan, that's not planned obsolescence, it's just where the technology is at the moment.

if you're referring to the DIY route, it looks a little more involved than that. once you get the tools factored in, it again becomes a bit more expensive of a proposition.

batteries have a finite lifespan to be sure, I'm just lamenting that this has been the shortest lifespan of the 3 iPhones I've owned, and the issue came to a head mid cycle so I'm conflicted on my choices going forwards. if I was otherwise happy with this phone I doubt investing some money into it would feel like a big deal, but this is just the latest in a long string of frustrations that make me more eager than ever to just ditch the thing.

Almovi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2017
Last time I checked, a gift card is not a refund. Apple is still not out anything. All they are doing is making you buy another product from them.. And if you don't its a bigger win for them, because they got the device back that they will remanufacture and sell for $400+.

Yes that I know.

But What´s your point? are you saying that my best option was to stay quiet and keep the crappy phone instead of accepting this solution? Or that I shouldn't be happy because they give me a total refund of the price I paid for the phone on credit store to spend it as I like? :/

Obviously the money would be much better but given the circumstances I think I got a pretty good deal.
[doublepost=1494204391][/doublepost]
Sorry, that's not a refund. All you got was store credit. You can only use it to buy other Apple products. They still have your money and still making a profit off of you, since everything they sell has at least a 25% markup. That money is not sitting in your bank with 100% value. Another win by Apple.

Yes you´re right, and exactly for that reason I´m going to return the store credit and ask for the old phone Back. Thanks for opening my eyes

Last edited:

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
Hi everybody! I will appreciate your opinion on this situation...

I bought an Iphone 6s almost a year ago. During this year I had a lot of problems with it, Battery, Bluetooth, GPS and minor software problems.

They had changed the phone for a "new one" each time (2 times + the original purchase), this is the third time I have problems with it, I´m sick of this and I want my money back, but I don´t think they will do it easy to reimburse me the money.

Is there anybody who has been in this situation or a similar one? Any comments, suggestions, support words?. I want to be prepared. Thanks!

PS: 16 years of being an Apple fan, I had almost every Apple product since then and this is the first time I have to/want to return an apple product. I´m very disappointed and angry on how Apple it´s lowering the bar on quality, innovation, and profesional solutions this last three years.
Without knowing your specific problems, it is difficult to see what you are experiencing.

If you are not satisfied, trigger support via chat from Apple website. They tend to be more generous in terms of resolutions than going straight to the Genius at the store.

I had one problem with my 6S. The screen had lines on it one time. Got it repaired (not replaced), and it is fine ever since.
Here's the kicker, I bought the 6S in Japan, and had it fixed in Singapore, no problems at all (other than having a loaner while waiting for them to repair my iPhone). Also while I was in Japan, I got my Verizon iPhone 5 fixed, no problem either.

Try other OEMs, and you will be out of luck. I had my share with Samsung, Sony, HTC, etc. All with flagship devices.
Samsung USA refuses to support any unlocked Samsung phones in the US (Galaxy S4 Zoom).
Sony refuses to support non-local devices. They don't even want to look at the device, simply refusing support (Xperia Z1 had battery problems)
HTC refuses support for non-local devices as well, though at least they looked at the device (my HTC One M7, battery swelling).

So yeah, despite your bad luck with Apple, from my point of view, at least Apple put some effort to help me out. The other OEMs don't, thus if I'm paying a premium, I'm buying Apple. Just to share my experience.

mgauss77

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016

I bought an Iphone 6s almost a year ago. During this year I had a lot of problems with it, Battery, Bluetooth, GPS and minor software problems.

They had changed the phone for a "new one" each time (2 times + the original purchase), this is the third time I have problems with it, I´m sick of this and I want my money back, but I don´t think they will do it easy to reimburse me the money.

Is there anybody who has been in this situation or a similar one? Any comments, suggestions, support words?. I want to be prepared. Thanks!

PS: 16 years of being an Apple fan, I had almost every Apple product since then and this is the first time I have to/want to return an apple product. I´m very disappointed and angry on how Apple it´s lowering the bar on quality, innovation, and profesional solutions this last three years.
[doublepost=1494229778][/doublepost]

Upgrade to the 7...it is a much better phone than the 6S. Sell the 6S on ebay.

laudern

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2011
I don't see what the problem is?

I personally start looking for faults towards the end of my warranty period. That way I get a new phone 1 or 2 years after my original purchase.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.