Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SparkFlash

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2013
Michigan
This is exactly why I have no interest in jet black...its beautiful no doubt! But its an item you use daily all the time...why would I want that item to be so sensitive?

Reactions: iEs

Floris

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2007
Netherlands
just an update, that 'scratch' came off. as far as the swirl marks i dont notice it but just through the picture i took. im not exchanging it. i put a transparent skin on it so im using it with that for now. will eventually get a bumper though. i dont have a single scratch on the phone.

EQYdpwj.jpg
Awesome pic by the way! :)
Thanks for the update.

Reactions: aohus

aohus

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 4, 2010
sky
This is exactly why I have no interest in jet black...its beautiful no doubt! But its an item you use daily all the time...why would I want that item to be so sensitive?

Don't care as much since installing the skin. Just saying a skin goes a long way.

Reactions: Rina11 and iEs

SparkFlash

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2013
Michigan
Don't care as much since installing the skin. Just saying a skin goes a long way.
I get that I really do. But then even with a clear case does it really matter that its jet black under? I have a clear case on my matte black and due to the shine of the case my phone could be a jet black and no one would know the difference.

aohus

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 4, 2010
sky
I get that I really do. But then even with a clear case does it really matter that its jet black under? I have a clear case on my matte black and due to the shine of the case my phone could be a jet black and no one would know the difference.

case does not equal skin. they're completely different from each other.

does this look like a case to you? in person it looks as though there is no skin even on it.

EQYdpwj.jpg

bembol

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2006
Apple should've stated NOT FOR WITH OCD. LOL

I get it's your money but honestly KNOWING that it will get scratched even Apple stated it why bother.

My OCD has improved and as much as I want to show this off that I have the latest iPhone there's just no way I can pick this color up.

This is for those who doesn't give a you know what attitude. Or buy Apple Care+ knowing they can just replace in the future.

Tominparts

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
Oregon
I have access to 3M clear bra material that they put on cars... I wonder if it would be worth trying to put it on the phone..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.