Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

avon75

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2011
Well, this is weird...my phone from EE and watch from Apple have just arrived 3 minutes earlier than the scheduled time from DPD. The guy is saying he can’t deliver it until the scheduled time, showed me a count down timer, and said he’d wait outside until it’s 9.26.....
Unbelievable !

azing

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2013
The North
Well, this is weird...my phone from EE and watch from Apple have just arrived 3 minutes earlier than the scheduled time from DPD. The guy is saying he can’t deliver it until the scheduled time, showed me a count down timer, and said he’d wait outside until it’s 9.26.....
Unbelievable !
It's good that they have to keep to their windows though. If they tried to deliver slightly early and you were just around the corner about to get home but missed it then that'd be frustrating!

Saturnine

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2005
Manchester, UK
Just spoke to Currys PC World and cancelled my order as it went to 'On Hold' status last night. It was supposed to be delivered today.

The explanation was that "We didn't receive enough stock to fulfil all the preorders." When I asked why I didn't receive an email about this or any change in the order status their response was "Yeah, I'm sorry."

Now reordered from Very with delivery (supposedly) tomorrow.

KarimLeVallois

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2014
London
Bloody JL!!! I had the SS (2 available), in my basket, chose collection, went through to PayPal, then it crashed out saying there was a problem with the basket... Wasn't meant to be obviously!

Jinjin

macrumors G3
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.
Bloody JL!!! I had the SS (2 available), in my basket, chose collection, went through to PayPal, then it crashed out saying there was a problem with the basket... Wasn't meant to be obviously!

Yeah it was a nightmare with the same thing last year. They did get stock pop up during the day so might be worth keeping an eye out

trashmac

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2008
London
UKMail took ages to update after changing to Out for Delivery. Just given a window of 10:23-11:23. Stop 11 and drivers only on number 1!
I have been given a window of 15:30 - 16:30. When I checked about an hour ago I was stop number 66 and the driver was at number 1.
Just checked again and I am still number 66 but the driver is at stop 60 !!?

If that is really true (60 deliveries in 1 hour) then the guy must be throwing the packages out of the window as he drives past the addresses at top speed...

leebroath

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2010
Scotland
Text / Delivery being made by UKMail 10:40 - 11-40am

4D8F417B-EA44-45F4-80BF-5EA6556BEA05.png

Reactions: philipc121

Totalkharnage

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2010
Halifax UK
I have been given a window of 15:30 - 16:30. When I checked about an hour ago I was stop number 66 and the driver was at number 1.
Just checked again and I am still number 66 but the driver is at stop 60 !!?

If that is really true (60 deliveries in 1 hour) then the guy must be throwing the packages out of the window as he drives past the addresses at top speed...

I’m exactly the same. Suspect their systems are having difficulty from all the fanboys refreshing!

Estimated delivery of 3:50-4:50 :(

efp1

macrumors 6502
Oct 3, 2008
UK
Just got in touch with JL to make sure my order went ok (due for collection tomorrow) and they've told me my order is in a 'security check' queue. Wouldn't have known if I hadn't contacted them. Hope it doesn't affect my collection tomorrow!

MadAngelUK

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2012
Blooming* UK mail! My Max is coming via DPD for mid afternoon to the office and UK Mail has now confirmed delivery between 6pm and 7pm to my office... I've been here since 8am hoping they'll both arrive early so I can rush home at 4pm :(

*The actual word is significantly worse than "blooming".

Reactions: profmjh

philipc121

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2009
London, UK
Any merit in going to regent street now with the view to pickup a 44mm SG aluminium model?

Eek, sorry, I didn't manage to check stock on that one — I was told they were pretty low on the stainless steel, especially the gold colour (40mm only with the Milanese Loop, for example), but didn't see the aluminium. The staff outside can check stock before you join the queue and reserve one if they have it though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.