Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

i-aamir

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2010
UK - London
Eek, sorry, I didn't manage to check stock on that one — I was told they were pretty low on the stainless steel, especially the gold colour (40mm only with the Milanese Loop, for example), but didn't see the aluminium. The staff outside can check stock before you join the queue and reserve one if they have it though.

Thanks appreciate your response.

I just walked to regent street and the walk in que is massive!

Going to have to try another day now.

Broken Hope

macrumors 68000
Jan 15, 2015
Come on Steven!

beb318191611457f369ef6ffead7e99b.png

gr4z

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2010
England
My XS arrived an hour ago, so now just waiting on the AW2 to be collected tomorrow at JL. A great gadget fuelled weekend.

joeob

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2015
Got a black stainless steel 44 with milanese loop at Apple Westfield this morning. Arrived at 8. Reservation at 9.30. Out by 10. The space black really is smart especially with the bright complications. I actually found the gold slightly underwhelming but I’d like to still buy one if I can get my hands on one

Ben1980

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2013
Well despite mixed messages from Vodafone, DPD delivered the watch and phone at 9.15 this morning.

Better news is that VF have honoured my wifes 20% NHS staff discount taking my monthly bill for both down to 66 quid a month. They wouldnt do it at first.

Not sure they will make much money on it given the two devices are 1528 retail and over 24 months i will pay 1593.60 as no upfront costs either.

Happy days!

Reactions: leebroath

leebroath

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2010
Scotland
Looks like the UKMail Tracking website is stressing!!

‘An error occurred while retrieving your parcel data, please try again. If the problem persists, please use the Contact form on the UK Mail website, clearly stating your name, telephone number, email address and account number and we will assist you during normal working hours’

vito

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2006
Manchester, UK
Just nabbed SG 44 sport loop from Currys, collecting tomorrow. Tried ordering at JL this morning went to checkout and it said not available!

ca$hout

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2016
Anyone recieved an email from john lewis managed to snag one and it went through okay when i look online it still says order processing

hop

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
On the one hand I'm happy for all of you getting your watches today, on the other, mine is still stuck on 1-8th and my S0 is so barely usable (it silently crashed my gym app 4 times yesterday) so yeah:

giphy.gif

philipc121

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2009
London, UK
I’ve stayed on the X this year and not updated so it’s a simple Watch Switch for me today

I did the same but seeing the XS Max in the flesh I was very very tempted to pick one up there & then (though it would have meant joining the back of the queue, and then I would have done even less work today than I can manage while playing around with the new Watch!)
[doublepost=1537525813][/doublepost]
That packaging is beautiful

The amount of work that has gone into designing the packaging alone is breathtaking!

Saw a guy opening his aluminium model next to me & the packaging on that looked really smart too!

hop

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Been wondering if I should have got the SS in black rather than regular shiny, I do certainly have time to go and try them out but I am not looking forward to having to reorder if I decide I've made a mistake..

purpleparrotuk

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2010
Wanted the Seahell sport loop but for the second Apple Watch purchase in a row only the White Sport Strap was in stock at John Lewis so ordered that instead, had confirmation with pickup tomorrow at local Waitrose. Fingers crossed it all goes through then I can cancel my October pre-order from Apple

Another unused White Sport Strap for my collection...

What size is the white strap? I would probably buy it off you.

quirkovski

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2012
Argos let me down, not sure how long it could take with them. my mate (works for Argos) who ordered it for me, said I was one of three that ordered a 40mm space grey sports loop and apple didn't send any out. he seems to think some 44mm stock was ok though. maybe other types of 40mm too.

Why Argos can't inform pre orders of any problems with stock earlier, I don't understand.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.