Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Toonartist

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2017
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Picked up watch No 1 for the better half this morning (Silver Alu 44)... mines not due to be delivered until 5pm-6pm (DPD) :rolleyes:

But, loving the new gadget excitement from my wife..... the screen looks awesome and the plug that comes with it is well cool, the flip out pins... best plug I've seen them use yet!

Hope everyone's watches arrive on time :) including mine :D

Bexx

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2012
UK
Unbelievable!!
DPD delivery, I was the next delivery, saw a DPD van driving past but not stopping, found that strange so checked the app again, and my delivery got delayed for tomorrow!!!
Fuming...
On hold on the phone with their costumer service, wonder if it will make any difference

If you don't get any luck, nip to https://www.saynoto0870.com and see if your local depot is listed - this is better than ringing the central number as the depot can call the driver right then and there.

Reactions: CamiMR

svgn

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2018
Mine’s arrived.

Only problem is that it’s at my home... and I’m not!
What are you waiting for? :D
cnlRZG.gif

Bexx

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2012
UK
Glad that most of the retailers have honoured their delivery promises this year! Hope you're all having fun with your shiny new watches and phones - for those of you having to wait until later, you've still got the unboxing excitement to come! :D I'm going to dig out my straps in a minute and see what suits my new gold aluminium.

In the meantime, here's the old 42mm vs new 44mm. Definitely a difference in size, but not so much that it looks daft on my tiny wrist!

IMG_7304.jpg

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Unfortunately didn't snag a 44mm SS from my local store when I picked up my iUP Max (which is freaking awesome), but did manage to get the Wife's Xs 64GB Gold tho, so brownie points there. The new watches do look awesome. Can't wait for 1-8 october

Reactions: Jinjin

JamesHP

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2010
Manchester, UK
Well, after setting everything up and putting my Milanese on it, here's my 44mm stainless steel!

I *love* the infographic face, it's great having this many complications. Especailly having the digital clock on the analogue face, as I catch the train often it's useful to have that at a glance while keeping the aesthetic of an analogue face.

Attachments

• IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 287
  • IMG_0008.JPG
    IMG_0008.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 324
  • IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 248
  • IMG_0015.JPG
    IMG_0015.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 325

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
set it up but not played with faces yet - its on my usual simple face but I kind of don't like how they've curved the corner complications - had the digital time in the bottom right corner and now its all bendy.

Also still waiting for VF to enable the mobile data. They say its all ready and should be done 'within 24hrs' so I guess I'll just turn the phone and watch off every few hours to see.

WhiteHawk

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2008
Glad that most of the retailers have honoured their delivery promises this year! Hope you're all having fun with your shiny new watches and phones - for those of you having to wait until later, you've still got the unboxing excitement to come! :D I'm going to dig out my straps in a minute and see what suits my new gold aluminium.

In the meantime, here's the old 42mm vs new 44mm. Definitely a difference in size, but not so much that it looks daft on my tiny wrist!

View attachment 785766

Going to be honest here, even the old one is too big for your wrist let alone the new one.

Reactions: Wig321

taylor354

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2017
Edinburgh, Scotland
Just back from my 12:30 pickup at the Edinburgh Store. Only about two or three people in the queue in front of me and I was in and out in less than ten minutes. SS40 for me with white sports band. Although I also picked up a Cape Cop Bue sports loop while I was in.

White sport band is a noticeably different colour from my series 0 white band.

Attachments

• 82281751-469D-4172-BEF9-998B6E7DA534.jpeg
    82281751-469D-4172-BEF9-998B6E7DA534.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 274
Reactions: ohms12

profmjh

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2015
UK
Hmm. Marginal panic — watch is still setting itself up. Digital Crown is not giving haptic feedback :confused:

Slim Boy Fat

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2015
Just got my despatched email from Very after having only ordered last night at 20:11. Should be here on Monday. Promised myself I wouldn't buy one as well!!

groovyf

macrumors 6502
Dec 15, 2010
Halifax, UK
Picked up my 44mm Silver Aluminium GPS+Cellular from the Leeds store a short while ago. Whilst waiting for mine to come to the desk I was having a play with the S4's on the table and instantly loving the extra screen real-estate as well as how much faster it was than my S0.
I was asked if I wanted to trade-in my S0, (which surprised me as when the S3's came out, I enquired how much I'd get back then but was told my S0 was too old to be included in the Trade-In), and the system came up with a figure on £50 which I took advantage of.
I doubt I'd got much more (most probably less!!) in CEX as there were some scratches to the watch face.

Consider me a happy S4 owner now!

Reactions: johnyslats

Bexx

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2012
UK
I kind of don't like how they've curved the corner complications - had the digital time in the bottom right corner and now its all bendy.

I don't like it either - so I've popped it in the middle where the date was and it looks much better. Wish it was customisable though, I don't want the seconds displayed.

Going to be honest here, even the old one is too big for your wrist let alone the new one.

Looks out of proportion in the picture, I swear. Nowhere near as bulky in real life. :D

profmjh

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2015
UK
Anyone else on EE? Trying to set up data. Not getting through to server. Called EE they say it’s probably because lots of people are all trying to do the same.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.