Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

perspexorange

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2012
I'm still waiting on a 'UK Mail' delivery. Was meant to be '12:25-13:25' but the website says they are running late.

I'm beginning to give up hope, although it still says it is out for delivery.

Anyone in the same boat as me?

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
Still trying to get this thing activated on Vodafone

Finally managed to get the process started, but when I log in it tells me i’m not eligible. Now VF telling me my bundle is too old even though I only subbed in August..apparently you need one set up since September 1st. If that’s true there will be a lot of sim only customers on the phone to VF..

perspexorange

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2012
At least I'm not alone.
Just rung UK Mail and the automated line said my parcel had been delayed and that they deliver to domestic addresses up to 20:00.

It seems unlikely that it will arrive today.

Can I ask whereabouts in the UK you are? I just wonder if our Watches are on the same van. I'm in the West Midlands.

james948

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2004
At least I'm not alone.
Just rung UK Mail and the automated line said my parcel had been delayed and that they deliver to domestic addresses up to 20:00.

Can I ask whereabouts in the UK you are? I just wonder if our Watches are on the same van. I'm in the West Midlands.
I’m in north London. Last time ukmail delivered it was my AirPods and they arrived at around 9pm as I recall so there’s still hope

Reactions: philipc121

MadAngelUK

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2012
Hi guys, quick question. I'm all set up with the new Max and Series 4 Cellular and I'm having a problem with set up of the Cellular bit. I unpaired my series 3 prior to doing an encrypted backup on iTunes set up the phone then set up the watch. I thought the plan would be backed up too (when unpairing I clicked keep plan) but both the phone and watch are telling me to call 150 (EE) and quote a three digit code.

Did this happen to anyone else? Is it a faff when you call 150 and do I have to have any specific details to hand when I do?
Thanks in advance!

azing

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2013
The North
Picked it up. This thing is all screen and I love it. Serious upgrade from S0. So quick!

FYI for anyone wanting stock info for the Newcastle store:
  • No watches left.
  • iPhone XS available in pretty much all configurations.
  • iPhone XS Max only available in 512GB in all colours.
Good luck to everyone trying to get stock, and happy Watch day to everyone else!

Attachments

• 726BC426-1743-4111-BEEA-CEBF21236962.jpeg
    726BC426-1743-4111-BEEA-CEBF21236962.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 198

Jimi72

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2013
At least I'm not alone.

Yep in exactly the same boat as you guys. ETA was meant to be between 16:00 and 17:00 today, still no sign of it. The tracker is still says out for delivery...

joe-1110

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2018
Finally just got the dispatch notification and notification from DPD saying it’s coming Monday!

Wish it was tomorrow, but at least it’s not long now!!

Attachments

• 10483B56-731A-43FC-BD20-B7B0EE22B44E.jpeg
    10483B56-731A-43FC-BD20-B7B0EE22B44E.jpeg
    270.4 KB · Views: 175
Reactions: Jinjin

james948

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2004
Yep. Nothing. And it no longer says out for delivery. It just says it’s in the delivery depot. God they’re awful

Jimi72

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2013
Still no sign of anything here. How about you guys?

Still nothing for me. I phoned UKmail and went through the automated order tracking process, long story short, they are experiencing delays and my watch has been sent back to the depot... pretty disappointed to be honest. Assuming it will arrive tomorrow but who knows :mad:

james948

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2004
Yeah seems mine is at the depot. I don’t mind that they got delayed. I do think it’s ridiculous that they couldn’t tell me that earlier or tell me how far away the delivery was or even text me telling me it had gone back to the depot.

UKmail: sheer incompetence

perspexorange

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2012
Thanks guys. I feel your pain.
Mine still says 'out for delivery', although I also suspect that this is back at the depot.
I can't imagine that the driver (who's supposedly been on the road since 8:07am) is still driving.

According to my delivery slot of 12:25-13:25, it's now currently over 6.5 hours late. Seems unlikely; they probably realised they couldn't deliver 3-4 hours ago and just didn't bother to update the website.

james948

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2004
Yeah if you check the syncreon site (the one directly linked from the Apple order page) it will probably show it was scanned into the depot. They do have someone replying on twitter but from the @s it seems they’re making up a lot of what they’re saying. I can’t believe Apple still use this company.

Patchwork

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2008
Near Preston, UK
Well it’s not just UKmail that is useless as dpd decided to update my watch delivery to tomorrow and even sent me an email saying I had made the request, which of course I hadn’t. Have asked them why they’ve done this but of course there’s no reply. Most odd as dpd are usually pretty good.

KrisLord

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2008
Northumberland, UK
Hi guys, quick question. I'm all set up with the new Max and Series 4 Cellular and I'm having a problem with set up of the Cellular bit. I unpaired my series 3 prior to doing an encrypted backup on iTunes set up the phone then set up the watch. I thought the plan would be backed up too (when unpairing I clicked keep plan) but both the phone and watch are telling me to call 150 (EE) and quote a three digit code.

Did this happen to anyone else? Is it a faff when you call 150 and do I have to have any specific details to hand when I do?
Thanks in advance!

I had unpaired my old watch and wasn’t restoring the backup to the new one.

I got error 007 and it took about 20 min on to EE for them to fix it by removing the watch plan from my account and then I added it back by following the normal setup process.

Reactions: MadAngelUK
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.