Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

leebroath

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2010
Scotland
Does anyone know if Apple are allowing you to exchange the bands if you want another one?

Pretty sure they did this one year

c14nhl

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2008
Edinburgh
I received notification at 7am that my partner’s watch arrived at the DPD depot here in Edinburgh.

The status time has changed 4 times, always stating in depot. As far as I can tell it never left for delivery today at all. Disappointed.

C225

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2007
Scotland
Still trying to get this thing activated on Vodafone

Finally managed to get the process started, but when I log in it tells me i’m not eligible. Now VF telling me my bundle is too old even though I only subbed in August..apparently you need one set up since September 1st. If that’s true there will be a lot of sim only customers on the phone to VF..

I really don’t think they have a clue.

FWIW I’m on a Sim only red entertainment plan that I like you renewed on the 2nd of August. Got my SSSB watch from apple this evening and tried to set up in the app but got a your plan isn’t eligible. Called them up and after being put through to retentions strangely said adding to my plan was fine and they took my IMEI and EID of the Watch and told me about the £5/month charge and said that it would update overnight and to reboot the watch in the morning and it’ll work.

If I go into mobile data in the Watch app it does see my Vodafone data plan but just says waiting next to it and watch says no data plan. I’ll see what it says in the morning but I’m not holding my breath. In fairness to the guy I spoke to he said there had been no training and he had to keep calling over the one person who knew to help. Management at CS should be hanging their heads in shame.

truesepho

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2014
Still processing order :( Anyone else with same delivery dates as mine?
There was no stock for this model at Regent Street this morning at 8am o_O

Attachments

• 532FB97C-F9ED-45D1-A1FA-37D59347D2DE.jpeg
    532FB97C-F9ED-45D1-A1FA-37D59347D2DE.jpeg
    146.2 KB · Views: 200

limesmoothie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
My Vodafone tracker now says I'll be waiting 3 to 4 weeks for delivery. So they were clueless at pre-order, and misleading customers as to what they were getting and when they were getting it.

groovyf

macrumors 6502
Dec 15, 2010
Halifax, UK
...but both the phone and watch are telling me to call 150 (EE) and quote a three digit code.

Did this happen to anyone else? Is it a faff when you call 150 and do I have to have any specific details to hand when I do?
Thanks in advance!
I had error code 007 when I tried to setup a new plan. Chatted to online support who then told me to call a number via landline (0800 956 6000). Another part of my error message was not being eligible to add another line to my device.
After calling the 0800 number they asked for the EID of the watch (available via the Apple Watch app), did some jiggery-pokery at their backend and about 30 mins later I had “Activating” in the Mobile Data section of the Watch app.
Alll working now!

Reactions: MadAngelUK

danmart

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2015
Lancs, UK
I had error 003 when trying to move my Watch data plan. Phoned EE who took the EID of my new Watch and told me it might take 24hrs to take effect, so I’m hoping it will have resolved itself over night.

I followed the Apple guidance for their support website (to remove the plan) put clearly that was not sufficient for the change over to work.

i-aamir

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2010
UK - London
Hi Guys, for those who weren’t successful today, does anyone know if apple will be providing a 6am reserve and pickup instore link for the S4’s? If so can you send it across?

Thanks

robbo747

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2015
Can I ask what deals those on EE are on?

I was looking at the 44mm Space Grey Aluminium and on the website it’s £29 per month with £29 up front for 2 years.

I’m with them already SIM free but wondered if anyone managed to get a better deal from EE??

Thanks

purpleparrotuk

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2010
Well I picked up my 2 watches yesterday and all went well. Checked my bank this morning expecting the payment to have have changed from pending to cleared. I was shocked to see the pending payment has disappeared and it has released the money back into my account. Have I got free watches? What’s going on!

victoriani

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2013
Hertfordshire, UK
Just bagged a 40mm SG Aluminium with Cellular and GPS with sports band on JL by looking this morning at 6.30am on the off chance. Only one in stock now so grab it now if you want it! :)

I’ll be collecting mine tomorrow!!

Reactions: johnyslats

QFzzz

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2018
Does anyone know if Apple are allowing you to exchange the bands if you want another one?

Pretty sure they did this one year

Yeh was in Apple Store Edinburgh and stood beside a customer who was getting told this by Sales Assistant - will swap out entire watch for any reason for up to (I think) 30 days (was at least that, maybe longer).

Also - thank you to my 5 year old that woke at 3am this morning (after being too indecisive about the model (and not liking Argos returns policy), I ended up not getting one yesterday) - I checked JohnLewis app, the model I wanted was in stock (44mm SB Alu Cell Sports Loop) - picking up from Waitrose tomorrow!!

(they also still had the 44mm SB Alu Sports Band the last time I checked)

Reactions: victoriani

neil1981

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2012
Southampton, UK
Impulsively ordered a 44mm Alu silv/white from EE last night. Was showing as “in stock, delivery within 28 days.” Odd. My order is confirmed but still showing as pending.

Has anyone received one from EE yet?

Ordered a 64gb silver XS Max at the sane time which is coming today.

Last edited:

rossy100

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2011
I ordered AppleCare with my watch (delivered yesterday) but I have had no AppleCare certificate email, and in service status it doesn’t show as being covered. Anyone else had this? Do I need to call apple, or just be patient??

leebroath

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2010
Scotland
Yeh was in Apple Store Edinburgh and stood beside a customer who was getting told this by Sales Assistant - will swap out entire watch for any reason for up to (I think) 30 days (was at least that, maybe longer)

I tried to swap bands yesterday and asked two Apple assistants. Both said I couldn’t do this

Hmmmm conflicting information from 2 Apple Employees

rossy100

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2011
Hmmmm conflicting information from 2 Apple Employees

I think what is meant here is that they will exchange a complete watch unit (including band) for another...... but not just the strap.

My dad had ordered a SG sport strap for collection yesterday but on arrival was able to swap instead for one with a sport loop. They refunded original purchase to a gift card and then just used against the new one.

Reactions: leebroath
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.