Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Broken Hope

macrumors 68000
Jan 15, 2015
I ordered AppleCare with my watch (delivered yesterday) but I have had no AppleCare certificate email, and in service status it doesn’t show as being covered. Anyone else had this? Do I need to call apple, or just be patient??

Having the same issue, I called Apple and they said it’s a problem their end that they are working on, they are calling me back on Tuesday to see if it’s resolved but said it should be sorted over the weekend.

Reactions: rossy100 and Mr.C

Bexx

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2012
UK
Well I picked up my 2 watches yesterday and all went well. Checked my bank this morning expecting the payment to have have changed from pending to cleared. I was shocked to see the pending payment has disappeared and it has released the money back into my account. Have I got free watches? What’s going on!

I had this happen once when buying petrol of all things. Charge was pending, then disappeared and funds released and I thought I'd got a free tank of fuel lol. However, they did take it about a week later, so I would suggest keeping the funds there and assuming they're spoken for. If nothing has happened after a good month.... well you may have got yourself quite the freebie!

atticus063

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
I went into the apple store in Edinburgh on my lunch break and walked out with 44mm space grey aluminium gps with sports band. Was surprisingly easy and hassle free.

How’s the 44 mm feeling?

Thinking of upgrading from a 38 mm. worried it’ll feel ridiculous.

DynamicSausage

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2015
Leicestershire, UK
Can I ask what deals those on EE are on?

I was looking at the 44mm Space Grey Aluminium and on the website it’s £29 per month with £29 up front for 2 years.

I’m with them already SIM free but wondered if anyone managed to get a better deal from EE??

Thanks

I phoned them to order and then decided against it due to no SS.

They then rang me back the next day and dropped the upfront cost, although it was still £29 a month.

I actually cancelled that as well though since they're clearly dropping the ball big time on deliveries.

Reactions: robbo747

purpleparrotuk

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2010
I had this happen once when buying petrol of all things. Charge was pending, then disappeared and funds released and I thought I'd got a free tank of fuel lol. However, they did take it about a week later, so I would suggest keeping the funds there and assuming they're spoken for. If nothing has happened after a good month.... well you may have got yourself quite the freebie!

Problem is my account closes on Wednesday because I’ve changed banks. That’s why I wanted it all done and dusted before then.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
My legend of a best buddy is in Bath for the day and managed to snag me the only 44MM SS White Sport Band they had in stock. Picking it up later and well stoked. Likely cancelling my 1-8 oct online order.

Reactions: Jinjin and Mr.C

QFzzz

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2018
I tried to swap bands yesterday and asked two Apple assistants. Both said I couldn’t do this
I guess its to do with stock also, was very much a 'if you go away and decide you dont like it, you can bring it back and swap it' rather than just a 'I've ordered this but i want a different one'
[doublepost=1537613467][/doublepost]
Note ‘will swap out entire watch’. You can’t mix and match. There’s no barcode on the band box, so there’d be no way to keep tabs on inventory.
actually - yes exactly - sales assistant said they would swap the entire watch (incl strap)

Reactions: johnyslats

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
I think what is meant here is that they will exchange a complete watch unit (including band) for another...... but not just the strap.

My dad had ordered a SG sport strap for collection yesterday but on arrival was able to swap instead for one with a sport loop. They refunded original purchase to a gift card and then just used against the new one.

I don't like these refunds to gift cards and then re-purchase with gift card. What happens if you return for a full refund next, do they only refund gift cards as it appears you paid with gift cards?

Reactions: KrisLord and Mr.C

JD2015

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
Ordered one from Argos just now for delivery this afternoon! Going from 38mm serious 0 to 44 mm series 4. Hope it is all worth it.

Reactions: groovyf

JD92

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2005
I don't like these refunds to gift cards and then re-purchase with gift card. What happens if you return for a full refund next, do they only refund gift cards as it appears you paid with gift cards?

No, they will ultimately give you cash I believe - but it's a bit of a hassle. I've gone through the return-refund to gift card-buy with gift card-refund thing before and it usually results in a manager coming out and looking puzzled for about half an hour before it ultimately gets resolved.

hoochy

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2015
I've had a nightmare. I pre-ordered through Apple on launch day as soon as the website went live. Got a delivery for 1-8 October. Checked John Lewis today, and they had SG Cellular in stock, so cancelled my Apple order and bought the new one for pickup tomorrow. Just logged into John Lewis and order has been cancelled now as they are out of stock. :(

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
I've had a nightmare. I pre-ordered through Apple on launch day as soon as the website went live. Got a delivery for 1-8 October. Checked John Lewis today, and they had SG Cellular in stock, so cancelled my Apple order and bought the new one for pickup tomorrow. Just logged into John Lewis and order has been cancelled now as they are out of stock. :(

Why on earth would you cancel a guaranteed Apple order before having the other in your hand?

JD92

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2005

That sucks :( If it's any consolation, I've always had luck just walking and buying it in the days after a big launch. I've also found that once they launch in-store pickup, if you check it throughout the day you'll often find that they become available as people have cancelled their orders for whatever reason.

hoochy

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2015
Why on earth would you cancel a guaranteed Apple order before having the other in your hand?

Thought it was a done deal. Not my best moment.
[doublepost=1537615974][/doublepost]
That sucks :( If it's any consolation, I've always had luck just walking and buying it in the days after a big launch. I've also found that once they launch in-store pickup, if you check it throughout the day you'll often find that they become available as people have cancelled their orders for whatever reason.
Thanks mate, here's hoping.

ahoydecoy

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2015
Got mine yesterday and I'm so pleased with the difference coming from a S0.

I'm still not sure about having gone for the cellular model. I wanted to future-proof the purchase, but I'm not convinced I'll ever use it.

Pagemakers

macrumors 68030
Mar 28, 2008
Manchester UK
Got mine yesterday and I'm so pleased with the difference coming from a S0.

I'm still not sure about having gone for the cellular model. I wanted to future-proof the purchase, but I'm not convinced I'll ever use it.
I had cellular on my S3 free for 6 months. Think I used about 2MB!!! I’m never without my phone so a separate data contract was wasted.

However I wanted the sapphire screen.

PR.

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2005
Bedford, UK
Picked up my 44mm, GPS, Silver Aluminium Case with White Sport Band from John Lewis this afternoon, all good, so much faster than my old Series 2.

Daveiggy

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2018
UK
well once again, 3rd time running John Lewis have successfuly supplied me with an apple product where apple can't, cancelled my watch (SS 44 WSB) so hopefully that will bump someone else up the apple queue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.