Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

svgn

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2018
Just placed an JL order - 44m SP GPS.
Quick question: How can I select another person to collect the watch for me? I can't see the option.

Last edited:

neiltc13

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Got lucky yesterday. JL Brent Cross seemingly one of the only places with stock of 40mm SG GPS with sport band. No queuing at all, was in and out in about 5 minutes.

CC117

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2013
Guys, do the uk apple stores have stock? None available for reserve online but don’t know if they have walk in stock available

MyAppleWorld

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2005
Birmingham, UK
Guys, do the uk apple stores have stock? None available for reserve online but don’t know if they have walk in stock available

Yesterday they did come online for in store pickup. I also went into the store and checked for SS and the guy didn’t think it was a stupid question because he checked on his iPad. I could see on his iPad lots of aluminium in stock but no SS

victoriani

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2013
Hertfordshire, UK

I doubt it. Maybe 44mm ones but unlikely 40mm. I was lucky and got one from JL but they are pretty much out of stock everywhere. But I have seen some of the 44mm size on JL, Argos so Apple very well may have some available but they may not... You’ll have to chance it!

CC117

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2013
I
I doubt it. Maybe 44mm ones but unlikely 40mm. I was lucky and got one from JL but they are pretty much out of stock everywhere. But I have seen some of the 44mm size on JL, Argos so Apple very well may have some available but they may not... You’ll have to chance it!

I’ll call in today. I def want a 44mm. Curry’s have them if I order today I can collect tomorrow but I’ll check Apple today first.

victoriani

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2013
Hertfordshire, UK
Be careful. If you order from JL and even get a confirmation e-mail, they may not honour your order. Just had an e-mail from them to say the 40mm I ordered and had confirmed is out of stock and they don't know when it'll be back in stock. So just a warning!

svgn

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2018
Be careful. If you order from JL and even get a confirmation e-mail, they may not honour your order. Just had an e-mail from them to say the 40mm I ordered and had confirmed is out of stock and they don't know when it'll be back in stock. So just a warning!
Yep. My confirmed order is canceled, too. ò_ó
They didn't even send me an email for the cancellation.

victoriani

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2013
Hertfordshire, UK
Yep. My confirmed order is canceled, too. ò_ó
They didn't even send me an email for the cancellation.

I called them and they cancelled the order at my request as may be able to get it somewhere else. They couldn’t tell me when it would be back in stock and didn’t give me a reason for why they didn’t honour my order when it was confirmed so very disappointed in them.

svgn

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2018
I called them and they cancelled the order at my request as may be able to get it somewhere else. They couldn’t tell me when it would be back in stock and didn’t give me a reason for why they didn’t honour my order when it was confirmed so very disappointed in them.
Now they removed "the cancellation" and the order is still active. WTF

Edit: Cancelled again. :/

Last edited:

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
Price on VF has gone up to £29 per month. Will keep a close eye to make sure i’m charged the originally advertised £27. Still don’t have service, apparently they have to make my line a super user which will take 3-5 working days. No idea why it is so complicated

PHILIP1193

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2007
I’ve managed to get a Hermes collection from London later. I have a check in window of 3:00-3:30 does it matter if I arrive outside of that windows (I.e late?). Or is that not an issue and I can collect later in the day? The store is open until 6?

KennethS

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2011
UK
I’ve managed to get a Hermes collection from London later. I have a check in window of 3:00-3:30 does it matter if I arrive outside of that windows (I.e late?). Or is that not an issue and I can collect later in the day? The store is open until 6?
You will be fine. They usually give priority to people who arrive during their check-in window. So depending on how busy the store is when you arrive, you may need to wait. But your watch will be held for you until closing time (at closing the uncollected inventory goes back into the general stock available for sale again). Just make sure you get there before the store closes today and you should be fine. People arrive both early and late to their allowed check-in windows, and they will serve you -- it may just mean you need to be patient and allow others who arrive within their time slots to be served first.

Reactions: PHILIP1193

ca$hout

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2016

This is exactly what happened with me preorder one on Thursday as soon as it got live.

then around 12pm just cancelled with no reason given
[doublepost=1537705040][/doublepost]
Yesterday they did come online for in store pickup. I also went into the store and checked for SS and the guy didn’t think it was a stupid question because he checked on his iPad. I could see on his iPad lots of aluminium in stock but no SS

How do you check if the apple stores have stock online??

jonstatt1

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2015
Has anyone seen stock of the Gold 44mm SS Milanese? I have seen no stock in the UK anywhere and US orders with later estimates than my Apple store order are being fulfilled already. Looks like there is an issue with UK stock of these.....

truesepho

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2014
Has anyone seen stock of the Gold 44mm SS Milanese? I have seen no stock in the UK anywhere and US orders with later estimates than my Apple store order are being fulfilled already. Looks like there is an issue with UK stock of these.....
It seems there’s no stock for this model, like anywhere... my order with Apple is still “processing item” with estimated delivery 26th-1st, but I want it now :( I hope to see some change to my order tomorrow/Tuesday, but I’ve got a feeling it will be delayed? :eek:

Dingo Dave 69

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2007
Has anyone joined EE specifically to use cellular on the Apple Watch? What was the best deals you got offered? I am currently with three and thinking of changing.

leebroath

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2010
Scotland
We moved to EE (from o2) and managed to use a trade discount coupon so get 20% off every month, and we get 40gb per month, unlimited calls and texts

The reason we changed was of 2 reasons

We gave O2 ample time to upgrade their systems to support Apple Watch which they didn’t
We wanted to gift our data to our daughter if she was running out and they have an option of doing this very easily from either my data or my other half.

What we did first tho was purchase a sim only from Amazon and test EE signal in different areas and if it’s all ok change

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.