Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
I'm a bit miffed that the Space Black and Stainless Steel models ONLY come in the Cellular variants:

View attachment 787846

I'd love to purchase either one of these but really don't have the need for a cellular Apple Watch...
:(

It's why I skipped the S3 .... but I've since moved to EE and got the S4. BUT I'd rather have paid £100 less for a GPS only SS
[doublepost=1537777761][/doublepost]Played with mine for a few days since my mate snagged me mine from Bath Apple Store. About to cancel my Apple online 1-8 Oct order so hope someone gets pushed up the list. They did say that Bristol get a decent stock so anyone close may was to try there.

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
It's why I skipped the S3 .... but I've since moved to EE and got the S4. BUT I'd rather have paid £100 less for a GPS only SS
[doublepost=1537777761][/doublepost]Played with mine for a few days since my mate snagged me mine from Bath Apple Store. About to cancel my Apple online 1-8 Oct order so hope someone gets pushed up the list. They did say that Bristol get a decent stock so anyone close may was to try there.

...so is it possible to order a Space Black or Stainless Steel but not choose a data plan with it?

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Dino is now frantically trying to order one... lol

LOL, best bet is to go in store.... just because you can't order online for pickup in a particular store doesn't mean they don't have walk-in stock. Bath said no stock for pickup in-store when ordering online, and when my friend went in they had 2x SS 44mm with white sport band.

Reactions: Dino F

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Dino is now frantically trying to order one... lol
LOL!!

I'm just debating whether the £749 price tag for the 44MM Space Black is worth the extra cost vs the Apple Watch Nike+ Series 4 GPS, 44mm at £429, which I have on order already. Its quite a big price jump (I have it on finance so its less than £30 a month)...!?

:confused:o_O

KarimLeVallois

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2014
London
LOL!!

I'm just debating whether the £749 price tag for the 44MM Space Black is worth the extra cost vs the Apple Watch Nike+ Series 4 GPS, 44mm at £429, which I have on order already. Its quite a big price jump (I have it on finance so its less than £30 a month)...!?

It is, but also a big jump in quality and durability.
[doublepost=1537778590][/doublepost]
LOL, best bet is to go in store.... just because you can't order online for pickup in a particular store doesn't mean they don't have walk-in stock. Bath said no stock for pickup in-store when ordering online, and when my friend went in they had 2x SS 44mm with white sport band.

Apple update inventory every morning at 06:00, so worth going on the app/site for the potential of arranging an in store collection for that day. That's what I did yesterday.
[doublepost=1537778656][/doublepost]
Indeed, no requirement to use a data plan at all.

EDIT: I fully planned to stay with O2 and use my S4 without a cellular plan, until I managed to get a good deal to move from O2 to EE.

I moved from O2 (8 years with them) to EE just before the Series 3 can out (fate? lol) and haven't looked back!

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
LOL!!

Better material that you can polish scratches out of, sapphire crystal which is very scratch resistant, every band goes with it as the stainless steel lugs match. Winner every time for me (I had SS S0, S2 and now S4)

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Better material that you can polish scratches out of, sapphire crystal which is very scratch resistant, every band goes with it as the stainless steel lugs match. Winner every time for me (I had SS S0, S2 and now S4)

...do you think its worth getting AppleCare with it as well? I had AppleCare for my 8 Plus but never needed to use it....

KarimLeVallois

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2014
London
...do you think its worth getting AppleCare with it as well? I had AppleCare for my 8 Plus but never needed to use it....

I always get AC+ with my watches as they're on the end of your arm and much more likely to hit things. If you have contents insurance that covers personal possessions, you may just go with that instead.

Reactions: MrGimper and Dino F

CC117

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2013
I ordered online yesterday from Currys. Series 4, 44mm Gold Aluminium. It’s been dispatched to the store for collection today :confused: Really didn’t think they’d pull it off but looks like they have stock.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK

I've had AC+ with all my watches. Last week the microphone on my S2 stopped working and I had an express replacement the following day. Had I not had that, I'd have a duff S2 I'd need to try and sell.....

Sods law is you didn't need to use it because you had it, and when you don't have it you'd wish you had!

i-aamir

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2010
UK - London
I just rang the London Regents Street Apple store and they said we have no walk in stock and to check the website regularly for availability as current deliveries are for mid October. They weren’t clear but surely stores will have stock earlier than that!

KarimLeVallois

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2014
London
I just rang the London Regents Street Apple store and they said we have no walk in stock and to check the website regularly for availability as current deliveries are for mid October. They weren’t clear but surely stores will have stock earlier than that!

Yeah, they're getting in a few each day, you have to check at 06:00 each morning.
[doublepost=1537782579][/doublepost]Regent Street didn't even have SS Gold with Milanese Loop to try on, just the display one attached to the table, which I thought was pants! Unless the guy was talking out of his bottom.

i-aamir

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2010
UK - London
Yeah, they're getting in a few each day, you have to check at 06:00 each morning.
[doublepost=1537782579][/doublepost]Regent Street didn't even have SS Gold with Milanese Loop to try on, just the display one attached to the table, which I thought was pants! Unless the guy was talking out of his bottom.

Thanks - I did try today but no luck, looks like it’s 6am checks every morning now as I don’t want order online and wait until the end of October!

KarimLeVallois

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2014
London
Thanks - I did try today but no luck, looks like it’s 6am checks every morning now as I don’t want order online and wait until the end of October!

I'd recommend doing that rather than waiting a month. Good luck! Or order online as a backup and cancel if one becomes available in store.

gazzrenn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
Blackpool, UK
Anyone on Vodafone have experience adding an Apple Purchased Watch to their Vodafone account?

Ive gone through the eligibility checker, called 191 and spoken to someone who advised me that I had to go in store to get it connected?

My Nike+ watch isn't due until 5th Oct, but I want everything in place ahead of time...

kai36

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2018
I think someone said it earlier, but... US orders appear to be shipping much more efficiently than orders in the U.K.

I’m still at 8th-15th Oct. for my 44mm Silver AL, with sport loop. Others with dates after mine appear to be receiving before me.

yah I noticed that too and i am on the same boat where i have to order through my comany account. What's worse is my ship date is 16-23 oct.
It just kinda feel like they do not have enough stock for uk.

Reactions: morganperry

Marzel

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2018
yah I noticed that too and i am on the same boat where i have to order through my comany account. What's worse is my ship date is 16-23 oct.
It just kinda feel like they do not have enough stock for uk.
They don't have enough stock for any part of Europe. What's worse, is that the watch is launching to more countries this week and since Apple has to have some stock for the launch day they'll probably hold back shipments.

Reactions: morganperry

kai36

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2018
They don't have enough stock for any part of Europe. What's worse, is that the watch is launching to more countries this week and since Apple has to have some stock for the launch day they'll probably hold back shipments.

oooooooooof. I am thinking to walk in and pick up the same model that i ordered and upon the delivery of my online order I will return in store... does that work?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.