Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
Once you have the watch ring them up asking to pair it to your account. They should ask for the watches IMEI and EID and they will pair it to your account. I had to leave mine overnight while they updated my account to a OneNumber one but it’s been working great since.

I’m loving the cellular feature, I’m not allowed my phone in work and has to be left in my car or locker but I’m allowed my watch anywhere;)

When you go to the mobile data section of the watch app, does it prompt you to sign in to your Vodafone account and tells you it’ll be £5 per month? Or does it skip all that? I’m stuck at that point right now

victoriani

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2013
Hertfordshire, UK
I ordered the 44mm in silver off the Apple website but now I’m in two minds if I’d prefer the space grey.

I can mix more bands with the silver and the contrast is nice on it too, but the space grey is more minimalistic and sleek.

Order is still processing so I can cancel it.. any advice?

I have space grey and Apple Milanese black strap and they look so good together. It is more sleek and goes with everything I wear, informal or formal so that’s why I stuck with space grey for the Series 4 too.
[doublepost=1537818620][/doublepost]
When you go to the mobile data section of the watch app, does it prompt you to sign in to your Vodafone account and tells you it’ll be £5 per month? Or does it skip all that? I’m stuck at that point right now

Haven’t had that prompt. Just saying it can’t do it as my plan is a Vodafone One Number plan?

It’s a Red Entertainment SIM only plan which I upgraded in May 2018 so not sure why it isn’t working. Vodafone were useless on their chat as tried to explain they need to migrate my plan but they just didn’t understand. So going into store tomorrow.

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
After thinking all had gone so well with this launch - devices arriving on time, mobile data set up painlessly - what do I notice when checking the time? A lovely dead (well, technically, 'bright') pixel, stuck on red. Would never have noticed it if the new watch face wasn't white. :rolleyes:

IMG_0009.jpg

CBA to exchange it but annoying now I know it's there.

MadAngelUK

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2012
For those watching, I've got my Series 4 running on cellular! Finally! (EE) ...It was another phone call, and activation was after that - was told to turn both the watch and the phone off for five minutes and try again. I'm always doubtful though, gonna keep an eye on my account praying I haven't accidentally started a new £5 per month contract but it should be fine! Thanks for the tips/hope guys!

Grayburn

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
England
After thinking all had gone so well with this launch - devices arriving on time, mobile data set up painlessly - what do I notice when checking the time? A lovely dead (well, technically, 'bright') pixel, stuck on red. Would never have noticed it if the new watch face wasn't white. :rolleyes:

View attachment 788184

CBA to exchange it but annoying now I know it's there.

Wait until all the hype over the watches dies down then walk in and get it swapped.

C225

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2007
Scotland
When I first tried it said my plan a Sim only red entertainment from August was not eligible. I rang them up and the first guy couldn’t help but put me through to retentions who could deal with it, gave them my EID and they said leave it over night.

The mobile data bit in the app changed straight away to data plan as Vodafone UK with waiting next to it and a spinning circle. Next morning about 8am I went back into mobile data in the app got a prompt about carrier settings being updated and the watch was now connected and working.

Must of got lucky that who I talked to knew what they were doing. I’ve had issues with 191 in the past once my Spotify didn’t set up correctly and they said that’s because they don’t offer it any more despite it being all over the website but that was just an error, and they tried to force me to pick now tv instead . I hung up phoned straight back and they reset the account and Spotify worked perfectly and still is 2 years later. Some of them haven’t a clue but instead of admitting that they make up crap like old tariff you need a new one when the original was probably fine and that causes even more problems

MyAppleWorld

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2005
Birmingham, UK
Nothing this morning
[doublepost=1537852141][/doublepost]
Wow not even a single aluminium model in stock for pickup at 6am. Going to be a tiring few weeks!

Something isn’t right, people are picking them up in store daily.

Sometimes inventory online doesn’t show up until the store opens, or shortly before. This must be because staff have to scan inventory etc

i-aamir

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2010
UK - London
Nothing this morning
[doublepost=1537852141][/doublepost]

Something isn’t right, people are picking them up in store daily.

Sometimes inventory online doesn’t show up until the store opens, or shortly before. This must be because staff have to scan inventory etc

Did you notice any stock going up for collection later in the day (yesterday)?

When I went to the Regents Street store, the representive did say that stock is very low and they didn’t expect much (if any) over the next week or so.

I think they are saving the little they do have for early walk in’s to keep the urgency up!

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
When I first tried it said my plan a Sim only red entertainment from August was not eligible. I rang them up and the first guy couldn’t help but put me through to retentions who could deal with it, gave them my EID and they said leave it over night.

The mobile data bit in the app changed straight away to data plan as Vodafone UK with waiting next to it and a spinning circle. Next morning about 8am I went back into mobile data in the app got a prompt about carrier settings being updated and the watch was now connected and working.

Must of got lucky that who I talked to knew what they were doing. I’ve had issues with 191 in the past once my Spotify didn’t set up correctly and they said that’s because they don’t offer it any more despite it being all over the website but that was just an error, and they tried to force me to pick now tv instead . I hung up phoned straight back and they reset the account and Spotify worked perfectly and still is 2 years later. Some of them haven’t a clue but instead of admitting that they make up crap like old tariff you need a new one when the original was probably fine and that causes even more problems

Thanks for the comprehensive reply. I finally got my email receipt for the watch but the phone app is still trying to charge me £5. It mentions only the primary owner of the account can add a watch - I hope that doesn’t mean the primary line which is my wife’s (even though I pay the bill).

Might try unpairing

MyAppleWorld

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2005
Birmingham, UK
Did you notice any stock going up for collection later in the day (yesterday)?

When I went to the Regents Street store, the representive did say that stock is very low and they didn’t expect much (if any) over the next week or so.

I think they are saving the little they do have for early walk in’s to keep the urgency up!
No I didn’t notice any yesterday.
They definitely had some Saturday pretty much all day online for my local store. Then suddenly Sunday they vanished - they must be picking and choosing when to put them online.

CC117

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2013
No I didn’t notice any yesterday.
They definitely had some Saturday pretty much all day online for my local store. Then suddenly Sunday they vanished - they must be picking and choosing when to put them online.

I said this a little earlier in the thread but Apple Stores don’t get deliveries on Sunday or Monday in the uk (not sure about elsewhere). They will get a big delivery today so I’d be checking later today as stock gets scanned in.

Reactions: Mr.C

KevinJB

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2012
Deal, UK
I said this a little earlier in the thread but Apple Stores don’t get deliveries on Sunday or Monday in the uk (not sure about elsewhere). They will get a big delivery today so I’d be checking later today as stock gets scanned in.
Going to an Apple store today, hopefully timing things just right based on this info, thanks.

Reactions: CC117

i-aamir

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2010
UK - London

Thanks for the heads up, do you know someone in apple retail regarding that delivery info?

groovyf

macrumors 6502
Dec 15, 2010
Halifax, UK
After having to phone EE to get my S4 on a mobile data plan, I don't see it shown when logging into my EE account. My girlfriend's S3 is listed along with our phones, but not my S4. Has anyone else on EE with a brand new plan (not one "migrated" from a S3) checked their account to see if the S4 is there?

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
So now VF are trying to swap around the numbers on my account so my number is primary. This may be needed to pair it up and share the data with the watch which on my account is marked (Secondary).

This makes sense, but does that mean VF only support one apple watch per account? We have three lines on our account and although neither my wife or son are likely to want an apple watch LTE anytime soon, it seems odd that it would be a restriction

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
5_DA23_CE7_08_BA_4062_8835_8106_AAC55_D0_A.jpg
Card charged overnight and now PFD. Hopefully, we’ll see it before Oct. 8th!

Part of me is a little disappointed I don't get to see this this year. I had mine ordered for a 1-8 Oct delivery, but managed to get one in-store on Saturday. Had to cancel my online order
[doublepost=1537865293][/doublepost]
After having to phone EE to get my S4 on a mobile data plan, I don't see it shown when logging into my EE account. My girlfriend's S3 is listed along with our phones, but not my S4. Has anyone else on EE with a brand new plan (not one "migrated" from a S3) checked their account to see if the S4 is there?

Yep, mine is listed as Device Unknown but with EE Smart Watch 30d £5

I added my watch plan thru the watch itself

GC251114

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2015
Walked into Norwich Apple store at about 09:15 this morning.

When I do get one it’ll be the Aluminium 44” SG Cellular. Looked lovely & sat perfectly on my not very large wrists.

Unfortunately they didn’t have this model in stock , however had the aluminium Silver & Gold 44” Cellular version in stock.

Incidentally , in my opinion the Gold aluminium looked meh ! Far too Rose Gold/wishy washy in my opinion.

The Gold SS on the other hand. Just beautiful & a work of art ! Especially with that matching Gold Milanese strap.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.