Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

truesepho

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2014
My SS Gold 44mm with Milanese Loop still stuck on "processing order" with delivery 26th-1st :(
In the meantime no stock in any London store for this model... I'm checking every 10 minutes lol
Why do they make me suffer? :(

KarimLeVallois

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2014
London
My SS Gold 44mm with Milanese Loop still stuck on "processing order" with delivery 26th-1st :(
In the meantime no stock in any London store for this model... I'm checking every 10 minutes lol
Why do they make me suffer? :(

Don't bother checking every 10 mins, they don't even have them for try-ons!

QFzzz

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2018
Good ol' John Lewis - picked up my Alu 44mm SG Sport cellular yday and v v happy with it. Offer still stands, I have another one waiting for collection (Edinburgh) that I'm not going to collect / won't be processed as a return until the weekend. Am more than happy to help someone out if looking....

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
It is, but also a big jump in quality and durability.
[doublepost=1537778590][/doublepost]

Apple update inventory every morning at 06:00, so worth going on the app/site for the potential of arranging an in store collection for that day. That's what I did yesterday.
[doublepost=1537778656][/doublepost]

I moved from O2 (8 years with them) to EE just before the Series 3 can out (fate? lol) and haven't looked back!

....ordered!!!!!

Have A 3-4 week wait though (can't get to an Apple Store before then) but don't mind the wait.

Will be nice have the Apple Watch I have always wanted (Space Black!).

:apple::)

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Good ol' John Lewis - picked up my Alu 44mm SG Sport cellular yday and v v happy with it. Offer still stands, I have another one waiting for collection (Edinburgh) that I'm not going to collect / won't be processed as a return until the weekend. Am more than happy to help someone out if looking....

Do you two @cambookpro need to talk??

C225

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2007
Scotland
Anyone on Vodafone have experience adding an Apple Purchased Watch to their Vodafone account?

Ive gone through the eligibility checker, called 191 and spoken to someone who advised me that I had to go in store to get it connected?

My Nike+ watch isn't due until 5th Oct, but I want everything in place ahead of time...

Once you have the watch ring them up asking to pair it to your account. They should ask for the watches IMEI and EID and they will pair it to your account. I had to leave mine overnight while they updated my account to a OneNumber one but it’s been working great since.

I’m loving the cellular feature, I’m not allowed my phone in work and has to be left in my car or locker but I’m allowed my watch anywhere;)

Reactions: gazzrenn

danmart

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2015
Lancs, UK
...do you think its worth getting AppleCare with it as well? I had AppleCare for my 8 Plus but never needed to use it....
As another data point, I bought AC+ for my first SSSB Watch (a launch model) and never needed it so haven’t bothered with subsequent Watches. The original Watch is still going strong and looking great - my dad uses it at the moment. If I had a more physical job I might be more bothered about it.

Reactions: Dino F

KrisLord

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2008
Northumberland, UK
On the insurance question...

I didn’t bother with my S0 or S1 but the price of the S3 and S4 meant I decided it was worth insuring.

I think my S0 was about £300 and now the S4 is £529, it’s tipped over that “it’s not worth insuring” threshold.

Reactions: Dino F

victoriani

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2013
Hertfordshire, UK
Finally have my 40mm SG aluminium with Sports band (Cellular and GPS). Found one in JL Stratford City and because they had cancelled my order originally online, they reserved it for me in store and it’s now mine! Thanks JL! :)

Reactions: svgn

svgn

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2018
Finally have my 40mm SG aluminium with Sports band (Cellular and GPS). Found one in JL Stratford City and because they had cancelled my order originally online, they reserved it for me in store and it’s now mine! Thanks JL! :)
Congrats :) Can you explain how that happened? You asked them to reserve the watch for you when you saw that there is an available one in that store or?

victoriani

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2013
Hertfordshire, UK
Congrats :) Can you explain how that happened? You asked them to reserve the watch for you when you saw that there is an available one in that store or?

Yes. I checked stock on the JL app and then asked customer services on Twitter if they would reserve it due to the cancellation of my confirmed order previously. And they did in the end. But it took a bit of persuading.

svgn

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2018
Yes. I checked stock on the JL app and then asked customer services on Twitter if they would reserve it due to the cancellation of my confirmed order previously. And they did in the end. But it took a bit of persuading.

Nice! Good for them. Enjoy it. :)

Edit: Now I checked the app and they have like 30 watches on stock in some of the stores and they just can't reserve one for my order... LOL :D

Reactions: victoriani

GoneDrinkin

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2014
I ordered the 44mm in silver off the Apple website but now I’m in two minds if I’d prefer the space grey.

I can mix more bands with the silver and the contrast is nice on it too, but the space grey is more minimalistic and sleek.

Order is still processing so I can cancel it.. any advice?

wizzywig27

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2012
Alright all, I want to trade in through music magpie, does anyone know if you have to send original strap or can you send any? (I have a cheap eBay one)

tehn00p

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2011
Alright all, I want to trade in through music magpie, does anyone know if you have to send original strap or can you send any? (I have a cheap eBay one)

Not sure about music magpie in particular but I asked envirofone and they said they need the watch, original strap and the charger. They weren’t offering much for my SS S2 with Milanese loop strap (£150 which seemed too low given it was £750 new) so I didn’t bother in the end.

I have used them for my X and 7 Plus I still had. Just sent off today so I’m hoping it will be all ok as they have the best price with a 10% extra code!

BlueHorizonUK

Contributor
Oct 29, 2003
Annoying they just have

• Complete with wristband and original charger
Doesn’t say if it needs to be any wristband (but an Apple one) and doesn’t say if it’s just the charging cable or plug too that’s needed.

wizzywig27

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2012
Annoying they just have

• Complete with wristband and original charger
Doesn’t say if it needs to be any wristband (but an Apple one) and doesn’t say if it’s just the charging cable or plug too that’s needed.

Sent them a Facebook message but only reply during the hours of 9-5

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.