Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tehn00p

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2011
Has anyone joined EE specifically to use cellular on the Apple Watch? What was the best deals you got offered? I am currently with three and thinking of changing.

Yes I am in the process of switching from Three to EE for this very reason. As I am going SS this year from a Series 2 and it only comes in a cellular variety I thought I might as well.

The deal I got was £20/mo for 12 months on their 40gb sim-free plan. This was a combination of a £10/mo discount offer they had on plus a 20% discount through our "perks at work" scheme.

I have been with three for many years now (since the iPhone 4s) and the first few years were very bad but I always stuck it out for the unlimited data. In the last few years they started things like capping hotspot usage to a few GB and in general speeds / signal still aren't great. Thought I would change it up and grab that EE deal for the sake of the Apple Watch, 6 months free Apple Music and also, finally, visual voicemail (so sick of hearing "welcome to the three voicemail service" every other day haha)

When I looked on my X data usage before I sold it I saw that over the year I was only averaging about 7GB a month, so I should be fine (if I turn off things like uploading photos on 3G then I should be even better).

MyAppleWorld

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2005
Birmingham, UK
Did they have any Aluminium’s?
Yes they were putting people in a queue
[doublepost=1537714709][/doublepost]
This is exactly what happened with me preorder one on Thursday as soon as it got live.

then around 12pm just cancelled with no reason given
[doublepost=1537705040][/doublepost]

How do you check if the apple stores have stock online??

Download the Apple store app

morganperry

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2016
United Kingdom
I think someone said it earlier, but... US orders appear to be shipping much more efficiently than orders in the U.K.

I’m still at 8th-15th Oct. for my 44mm Silver AL, with sport loop. Others with dates after mine appear to be receiving before me.

Reactions: kai36

Rugbydman

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2009
Staffordshire, UK
I think someone said it earlier, but... US orders appear to be shipping much more efficiently than orders in the U.K.

I’m still at 8th-15th Oct. for my 44mm Silver AL, with sport loop. Others with dates after mine appear to be receiving before me.

I'm still on the same date

thinking of going into sheffield store tomorrow

MyAppleWorld

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2005
Birmingham, UK

You will very easily pickup one of those one day this week when stock starts coming into store everyday

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Yes I am in the process of switching from Three to EE for this very reason. As I am going SS this year from a Series 2 and it only comes in a cellular variety I thought I might as well.

The deal I got was £20/mo for 12 months on their 40gb sim-free plan. This was a combination of a £10/mo discount offer they had on plus a 20% discount through our "perks at work" scheme.

I have been with three for many years now (since the iPhone 4s) and the first few years were very bad but I always stuck it out for the unlimited data. In the last few years they started things like capping hotspot usage to a few GB and in general speeds / signal still aren't great. Thought I would change it up and grab that EE deal for the sake of the Apple Watch, 6 months free Apple Music and also, finally, visual voicemail (so sick of hearing "welcome to the three voicemail service" every other day haha)

When I looked on my X data usage before I sold it I saw that over the year I was only averaging about 7GB a month, so I should be fine (if I turn off things like uploading photos on 3G then I should be even better).

Did the same. £35 40GB 12 month SIMO was down to £25 and a perks at work £20% off took it to £20. Also got a 5GB SIMO for my iPad for £13 -20%

I moved from O2 and in 3 phone calls to EE they’ve been more help than years of O2. All migrated without an issue and watch registered for cellular now too

FrankDrebin

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2012
Only ordered mine on Saturday as I wanted to see the colours and sizes in person before committing. Decided on the 44mm Silver Aluminium w/Sport Band. Belfast Apple Store had no stock so ordered online - 23rd to 30th October. I’ll keep checking in store pickup, Currys, Argos etc and hopefully I can get it sooner.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK

Make sure you buy the apple watch from apple then as EE are not stocking SS models on series 4.

Reactions: tehn00p

CC117

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2013
Only ordered mine on Saturday as I wanted to see the colours and sizes in person before committing. Decided on the 44mm Silver Aluminium w/Sport Band. Belfast Apple Store had no stock so ordered online - 23rd to 30th October. I’ll keep checking in store pickup, Currys, Argos etc and hopefully I can get it sooner.

I’m in the same boat. Called into the Belfast store today to be told they had no stock. I’ve ordered one on Currys website for collection tomorrow. I’m thinking that might get cancelled though as why would they get stock and not the Apple store?

Reactions: Guv280984

MadAngelUK

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2012
Did you get data sorted?
No, didn't phone today, will try and do so tomorrow. all I see when I go through the process is the option on the phone to add a new watch contract, rather than apply the existing one. I may do another unpair /re-pair prior to phoning but as I've had so many watches (0, 2, 3, and now 4) and each of them un-paired and re-paired so many times I have quite a long list of 'watches' under my data sources in health... I'm not sure if I can delete them without losing the data they each collected... I guess that's a side issue, but hopefully a phone call tomorrow will get my contract re-connected with the Series 4!

Reactions: danmart

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Has anyone joined EE specifically to use cellular on the Apple Watch? What was the best deals you got offered? I am currently with three and thinking of changing.
I did last year and love it. Granted I bought my apple watch so paying just £5 a month which is the better option I think personally

it's basically £30 a month though to buy the watch from EE

PHILIP1193

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2007
No, didn't phone today, will try and do so tomorrow. all I see when I go through the process is the option on the phone to add a new watch contract, rather than apply the existing one. I may do another unpair /re-pair prior to phoning but as I've had so many watches (0, 2, 3, and now 4) and each of them un-paired and re-paired so many times I have quite a long list of 'watches' under my data sources in health... I'm not sure if I can delete them without losing the data they each collected... I guess that's a side issue, but hopefully a phone call tomorrow will get my contract re-connected with the Series 4!

I rang EE today and tried to migrate my existing series 3 plan to series 4. When I set up my phone the first time I had a 003 error code. Gave EE a ring and they took some numbers from me and then I had to unpair and I was able to just set up a fresh contract in effect. Was working instantly.

I did literally add another contract to my account so I just called them up and cancelled the other one with no issues.

Reactions: MadAngelUK

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I rang EE today and tried to migrate my existing series 3 plan to series 4. When I set up my phone the first time I had a 003 error code. Gave EE a ring and they took some numbers from me and then I had to unpair and I was able to just set up a fresh contract in effect. Was working instantly.

I did literally add another contract to my account so I just called them up and cancelled the other one with no issues.
Same here

Level 2 tech guy sorted it very quickly

Reactions: MadAngelUK

i-aamir

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2010
UK - London
No luck with in store pickup stock this morning.

I’ve also been checking since 6, they didn’t even have any aluminium models. Doubt they will have much walk in stock either.

Last edited:

MyAppleWorld

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2005
Birmingham, UK
No luck in store pickup stock this morning.

I’ve also been checking since 6, they didn’t even have any aluminium models. Doubt they will have much walk in stock either.

Yeah I think Monday’s are always bad, however they might get stock later this morning.

Tuesday 6am should be better

Tim7

macrumors 6502
Dec 18, 2009
Gravesend, Kent, UK
No luck for me either trying to get a 44mm SS for in store pickup. No new watches at all available for in store pickup near me. Are apple doing it differently this year?!

CC117

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2013
Apple stores don’t get deliveries on Sundays or Mondays. You might see some stock go up on Tuesday afternoon as they start scanning the products in.

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
I'm a bit miffed that the Space Black and Stainless Steel models ONLY come in the Cellular variants:

upload_2018-9-24_9-24-56.png

I'd love to purchase either one of these but really don't have the need for a cellular Apple Watch...
:(

Reactions: Guv280984
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.