Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Phew all done. New XS Max set up and new SBSS 44mm set up. Transfering the EE plan from my old S3 to my S4 was a piece of cake. Everything working perfectly :)
[doublepost=1537537958][/doublepost]
Anyone else on EE? Trying to set up data. Not getting through to server. Called EE they say it’s probably because lots of people are all trying to do the same.
When setting the watch up and saying yes to the data plan, it does take a while for the EE page to load. Up to 20 minutes.

WhiteHawk

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2008
Just got mine, total disappointment, first the black Sports Loop isn’t black, there’s tons of coloured threads in it, not what I expected, but the real bummer is the display has a dead pixel a bit off centre.

groovyf

macrumors 6502
Dec 15, 2010
Halifax, UK
Anyone else on EE? Trying to set up data. Not getting through to server. Called EE they say it’s probably because lots of people are all trying to do the same.
I got a message stating I'm not eligible to buy an additional line for this device (my iPhone X)
Wondering if it's because my girlfriend has a S3 with EE cellular on our family sharing account??

Pagemakers

macrumors 68030
Mar 28, 2008
Manchester UK
They do

They don’t have stock held for replacements? That’s not normal is it?
Just spoken to a colleague of mine who works in the Apple Store and he said mine was the 4th return today and they all exhibit the same problem in that the watch will not turn on.

He said they normally have DOA stock but they do not have any for Apple watches.

WhiteHawk

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2008
So, back mine goes on Tuesday, and I have to wait till 15th-22nd of October for a replacement, that’s pretty crap Apple, there should be stock held for immediate replacement, now I have to wait a month and might get the same or worse and have to wait again, there’s always something with these things for me.

purpleparrotuk

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2010
Just got mine, total disappointment, first the black Sports Loop isn’t black, there’s tons of coloured threads in it, not what I expected, but the real bummer is the display has a dead pixel a bit off centre.

Hi. It does show a close up of the black loop on the website and it does have the coloured bits in it. The dead pixel is crappy though.

WhiteHawk

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2008
Hi. It does show a close up of the black loop on the website and it does have the coloured bits in it. The dead pixel is crappy though.

Didn’t see that close up unfortunately, all the ones I saw it just looked black, the colours are very noticeable in person, mind boggling they wouldn’t use black threads underneath. Don’t don’t me wrong seems pretty comfortable but colour wasn’t what I expected, not the first time that’s been the case with Apple.

james948

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2004
Anyone got a number for UK mail? They're 2 hours late. I don't expect they have a phone number or answer calls today but I wish they put that map back where I could tell when the delivery person is going to (or not going to)be here

purpleparrotuk

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2010
Didn’t see that close up unfortunately, all the ones I saw it just looked black, the colours are very noticeable in person, mind boggling they wouldn’t use black threads underneath. Don’t don’t me wrong seems pretty comfortable but colour wasn’t what I expected, not the first time that’s been the case with Apple.
Hubbys picking up his one tonight. Hope he doesnt mind the different colours

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
Phew all done. New XS Max set up and new SBSS 44mm set up. Transfering the EE plan from my old S3 to my S4 was a piece of cake. Everything working perfectly :)
[doublepost=1537537958][/doublepost]
When setting the watch up and saying yes to the data plan, it does take a while for the EE page to load. Up to 20 minutes.
Did you buy a new data plan for the watch, or transfer the data plan from your old watch to your new one?

WhiteHawk

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2008
Hmm, as I’ll have to wait a month for a replacement, is it possible I could just go into an Apple store and replace it in a month or should I just do the replacement through post now?

WRXiceman

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2012
England, UK
I went with the 44mm and began thinking It would be a bit too big and look silly on my wrist, but I'm happy to say it looks absolutely great!

So happy with it, the design, the screen, the performance, noticeably slimmer.

Love it!

Reactions: johnyslats

Saturnine

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2005
Manchester, UK
So after my Currys preorder was placed “On Hold” and I cancelled it, I received an email just now acknowledging that they messed up but passed the blame to Apple who Currys say “have delayed delivery.” Classy, Currys. Classy.

I had then ordered from Very for delivery tomorrow, but I ended up passing the Apple Store on my way home from work. Lo and behold, they had the 44mm Alu White Sports Band in stock anyway - so that’s what I’m now wearing on my wrist!

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
I now have my new watch and iPhone. Exciting times! I'm pleased to say that EE has fixed the data issues and I added a new mobile data plan to the watch without having to make a phone call. At some point next week, I'll give them a call to cancel the data plans on my old watches.

Currently syncing and then time for a play!

Toonartist

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2017
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I don't like it either - so I've popped it in the middle where the date was and it looks much better. Wish it was customisable though, I don't want the seconds displayed.

Looks out of proportion in the picture, I swear. Nowhere near as bulky in real life. :D

My wife has the 44mm and it looks very smart, not too big at all. We're used to waring Garmin sports watches so even the 44 looks quite small compared to them :D

Reactions: Bexx

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Did you buy a new data plan for the watch, or transfer the data plan from your old watch to your new one?
I transferred Brookzy. I cancelled the plan on my S3 and then when i set up my S4, I selected a new data plan as there was no option for an existing plan. It tried to activate the connection but the little wheel kept spinning and so i rang EE and gave them the EID number and 2 minutes later it connected
[doublepost=1537547895][/doublepost]
If anyone ordered a Space Black SS and is returning it can I please buy it
lol sorry buddy. I love my Space black too much :)

Reactions: Brookzy

Broken Hope

macrumors 68000
Jan 15, 2015
Struggling to buy a data plan from EE at the moment keep getting a connection failed error every time I try.

ohms12

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2012
Scotland
I have the 44 SG in hand, now. Have to say, as lovely as the watch is (HUGE step up from the s0 I had), the “black” nylon band is pretty meh. I happened to pass by the Apple Store in Edinburgh today and saw the grey sport loop - looks much nicer. (Anyone wanna trade?! )

I also tried to find the yellow sports band to see how yellow it actually is... only they didn’t have any. If anyone has one - feel free to post a picture!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.