Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alFR

macrumors 68030
Aug 10, 2006
I selected keep. Was told by EE on the phone to do that too.

I did accidentally though when I was pairing on the S4 add an additional line, but EE customer service were excellent and got it removed.

All in all a great service from them on the phone, really helpful and actually called me back to check all was still fine.

Its confusing as for my S3, Apple told me to remove the plan and EE told me to keep it. I removed it and when I set up my S4, it set up a new plan and EE had to remove my old account so make a note to keep it in future.
Thanks gents, will select "keep". Assume I'll then need to ring them with the new EID but that's not a big hassle. :)

Edit: yep, quick call to give them the EID and all set up pretty much instantaneously. Shout out to EE customer services, they do seem to have things pretty well sorted for Apple Watch users this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: BillGates1969

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Thanks gents, will select "keep". Assume I'll then need to ring them with the new EID but that's not a big hassle. :)

Edit: yep, quick call to give them the EID and all set up pretty much instantaneously. Shout out to EE customer services, they do seem to have things pretty well sorted for Apple Watch users this year.
Yeah EE are really on the ball with sorting out customer issues

SilentFisher

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2012
Are watches in Europe region sent from China or our region? I mean my delivery date is on 11/6 but package is still not dispatched :/

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
I've noticed a few people waiting for replacements .... are these for faulty initial ones? And if so, what were the issues out of interest

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
I've noticed a few people waiting for replacements .... are these for faulty initial ones? And if so, what were the issues out of interest
Most issues seem to be with light bleedage, glass not aligned with the case but i think those are mostly within the build tolerances. The main issue was some series 4 watches bricked when WatchOS5.1 was applied and Apple have pulled the update. Those watches are being replaced with with factory fresh products or white box replacements. Some people have been asked to send their watches in for inspection and repair so the response from Apple hasn't been consistent. My replacement arrived today

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Most issues seem to be with light bleedage, glass not aligned with the case but i think those are mostly within the build tolerances. The main issue was some series 4 watches bricked when WatchOS5.1 was applied and Apple have pulled the update. Those watches are being replaced with with factory fresh products or white box replacements. Some people have been asked to send their watches in for inspection and repair so the response from Apple hasn't been consistent. My replacement arrived today

Ah OK thanks .... I do have some light "bleedage" but will likely wait until next year to replace under AC+ if I do at all.

denisbarbov

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2013
Went to every tech store in Nottingham and had no luck. As I’m in Leeds for the weekend, I went to the Apple Store and managed to snag a 40mm, Nike+ Space Grey one.

zerolight

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2006
Glasgow
My SSS 44 is still two or three weeks away. Do these ever pop up in local Apple Stores? I've been checking Glasgow stock every day for past couple of weeks and only the black SS seems to show up.

BillGates1969

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2008
Poole, UK
My SSS 44 is still two or three weeks away. Do these ever pop up in local Apple Stores? I've been checking Glasgow stock every day for past couple of weeks and only the black SS seems to show up.

I got my Nike S4 44mm about 3 weeks ago from the Apple Store in Southampton on the off chance. Showing as no stock on istocknow and online with Apple. SSS was also available in store (2 - one with sports strap and one with Milanese) even though it was showing out of stock, so it is worth a visit. I went on a Tuesday - apparently they get daily deliveries but not on Sat/Sun, so Monday/Tues are good days to go. The guy in the store says that if there are less than 5 units they show out of stock online.

jamdex

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2012
Manchester UK
So my Stainless Steel S4 has moved to 'preparing for dispatch' today and the money had been taken from my card. Daft question but does this mean it'll be shipped soon? Still showing as 27th Nov - 4th Dec on the status page.

jamdex

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2012
Manchester UK
So my Stainless Steel S4 has moved to 'preparing for dispatch' today and the money had been taken from my card. Daft question but does this mean it'll be shipped soon? Still showing as 27th Nov - 4th Dec on the status page.

So, shipped yesterday, went from Suzhou CN to Shanghai CN to Inceon KR and has been released by their customs. Delivery ETA Monday 19th:)

Reactions: testcard

SteveOfTheStow

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2018
London, UK
Ordered a 40mm alu 10/11; dispatched from Suzhou today (20/11) for delivery by EOD 23/11 :D Hopefully no holdups!

Update - arrived 23/11

Last edited:

testcard

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
Northumbria, UK
Ordered SBSS S4 44mm GPS + cellular in-store at Newcastle Apple store yesterday, 21st November. Today, 22nd November, showing shipping to store with pickup by 30th. From order to shipping in one day!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.