Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

page3

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2003
Outside the EU
Ordered a stainless steel S4 44mm from John Lewis, coming tomorrow hopefully.

Upgrading from a SS SB S3, done a bit of a swap this year had the silver iPhone X and SB Apple Watch, now will have a black Xs and a stainless steel Apple Watch lol.
Snap. Just ordered from John Lewis for collection tomorrow on the Isle of Wight, which is pretty impressive. I’ll cancel my Apple order later.

Edited to add: Just collected from Waitrose Cowes. Well done John Lewis.

Last edited:

Oreon

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2011
Snap. Just ordered from John Lewis for collection tomorrow on the Isle of Wight, which is pretty impressive. I’ll cancel my Apple order later.

Got mine from there as well, was getting impatient so nearly ordered the 40mm from Very yesterday, glad I waited now! :D

Reactions: page3

Oreon

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2011
Ditto, thanks for the heads up I’ve been watching JL for a while but hadn’t checked for a few days, roll on tomorrow:D

:D Great news! Was up early this morning so give the site a quick check after boxing up my series 3 to sell yesterday.

I was planning on seeing how long I can go without buying the new one lol, lasted 10 hours!

Reactions: robotica and page3

Oreon

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2011
Arrived!

Was a bit disappointed at first, felt too big and clunky, two hours on the wrist and I’m converted, looks great with my midnight blue leather band.

Stainless steel is great, bit of a change from space black which was a slight reservation considering how much I loved my series 3 with the black link bracelet, but think I’m starting to prefer it now.

The screen is amazing, love the new complications.

Considering buying a new link bracelet to match, and selling my black one as I don’t think the black link bracelet goes with stainless steel.

AVBeatMan

Suspended
Nov 10, 2010
Arrived!

Was a bit disappointed at first, felt too big and clunky, two hours on the wrist and I’m converted, looks great with my midnight blue leather band.

Stainless steel is great, bit of a change from space black which was a slight reservation considering how much I loved my series 3 with the black link bracelet, but think I’m starting to prefer it now.

The screen is amazing, love the new complications.

Considering buying a new link bracelet to match, and selling my black one as I don’t think the black link bracelet goes with stainless steel.

I’m after a black one. I’m in the UK?

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
...ITS ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 797346

...4 DAYS EARLY!!!!!

:eek::):):)
[doublepost=1540218892][/doublepost]...was gonna use the Apple Trade in program for my S0 42mm Space Grey watch as it was giving me £50 a few weeks ago however, just tried it again now and it's only giving me £30!?!

Oh well, looks like FleaBay it is then....!!!
:rolleyes:

Wow, nice one dude..... and what do you think of it?

uk_shahj

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2018
Got my Nike+ Silver 44 from John Lewis finally.

Anyone recommend any good 3rd party bands? Looking for a black Sport Loop and silver Milanese Loop in particular

Kiimora

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2014
London UK
Exactly 3 wks to date , finally PFD - delivers 2nd-9th; hopefully it will come sooner.

Gold SS Cellular 44 mm on Stone band

BillGates1969

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2008
Poole, UK
FWIW and not sure it has been mentioned on here - I was in an Apple store the other day to just browse watches as I had no intention of upgrading to a S4...and they are all out of stock anyway eh? Wrong :)

Apple Store Southampton - showing on iStockNow as no SSG, SSSB or SSS, but they had all three in stock at 5pm. Basically I asked the guy how come as showing as out of stock and he said that for the Stainless models they have to have 5 in stock to show as available. Admittedly he only had about one of each in and no Milanese Gold left, but there was stock he said in the morning and they had been sold that day.

As it happens I bought a Nike+ 44 SG to replace my S3 SSSB (which they part-exchanged on the spot) as although I loved the gold, my other half pointed out that I upgrade every year (it was actually a year to the day that I had purchased the SSSB S3) and i lose too much money. The Nike+ was also not showing in stock so worth popping in to a store if you are nearby or passing :)

Reactions: maka344

maka344

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2009
London, UK
FWIW and not sure it has been mentioned on here - I was in an Apple store the other day to just browse watches as I had no intention of upgrading to a S4...and they are all out of stock anyway eh? Wrong :)

Apple Store Southampton - showing on iStockNow as no SSG, SSSB or SSS, but they had all three in stock at 5pm. Basically I asked the guy how come as showing as out of stock and he said that for the Stainless models they have to have 5 in stock to show as available. Admittedly he only had about one of each in and no Milanese Gold left, but there was stock he said in the morning and they had been sold that day.

As it happens I bought a Nike+ 44 SG to replace my S3 SSSB (which they part-exchanged on the spot) as although I loved the gold, my other half pointed out that I upgrade every year (it was actually a year to the day that I had purchased the SSSB S3) and i lose too much money. The Nike+ was also not showing in stock so worth popping in to a store if you are nearby or passing :)
Regent St also had stock in today.

kinster

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2006
Ordered from KRCS on 22/10. Arrived yesterday 25/10

e2a8cd186546aab375d571b38b11ad5c.jpg

AVBeatMan

Suspended
Nov 10, 2010
My series 4 battery is down to 50% at 10 this morning from 100% last night at 9. That’s not great is it? I do use the activity tracker and wear in bed but it’s still a bit low isn’t it? How are your batteries holding out?

GarethR

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
My series 4 battery is down to 50% at 10 this morning from 100% last night at 9. That’s not great is it? I do use the activity tracker and wear in bed but it’s still a bit low isn’t it? How are your batteries holding out?
That doesn't sound right. Mine usually is still sitting around 70% after a full days wear. I'd say I've found the battery life much better than I expected.

Is yours connected to wifi - wonder if its activating and using the cell connection a lot or something? A shame the watch doesn't have a detailed battery status like the phones do so you can see exactly what is drinking all the juice.

AVBeatMan

Suspended
Nov 10, 2010
That doesn't sound right. Mine usually is still sitting around 70% after a full days wear. I'd say I've found the battery life much better than I expected.

Is yours connected to wifi - wonder if its activating and using the cell connection a lot or something? A shame the watch doesn't have a detailed battery status like the phones do so you can see exactly what is drinking all the juice.

I WiFi during the day. Will have to keep an eye on it. My series 3 was much better.

Oreon

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2011
Mine was 70% when I went to bed at 00:00 after taking it off charge at 7, put it on charge though so didn’t sleep with it on.

Funnily enough last night after a couple of beers I smashed it against a door frame causing blemishes all down one side, took a cape cod to it this morning it’s now good as new :-D

Reactions: MrGimper

alFR

macrumors 68030
Aug 10, 2006
If you’re upgrading from a S3 to a S4 on EE, when unpairing the s3 should you select “keep data plan” or “remove data plan”? I’ve looked on the Apple support site where they say to select remove, on the EE community forum in some of the threads EE reps are saying to select keep plan and in some of them they are saying remove. Can someone who has actually done it she’d any light on which is correct?

BillGates1969

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2008
Poole, UK
If you’re upgrading from a S3 to a S4 on EE, when unpairing the s3 should you select “keep data plan” or “remove data plan”? I’ve looked on the Apple support site where they say to select remove, on the EE community forum in some of the threads EE reps are saying to select keep plan and in some of them they are saying remove. Can someone who has actually done it she’d any light on which is correct?

I selected keep. Was told by EE on the phone to do that too.

I did accidentally though when I was pairing on the S4 add an additional line, but EE customer service were excellent and got it removed.

All in all a great service from them on the phone, really helpful and actually called me back to check all was still fine.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Its confusing as for my S3, Apple told me to remove the plan and EE told me to keep it. I removed it and when I set up my S4, it set up a new plan and EE had to remove my old account so make a note to keep it in future.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.