Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phil1975

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2017
I would just go and pick one up from a local Apple store and then once you have it cancel your online order.

I’m still waiting on my SS 44mm replacement.. 5th November estimate but I’m hoping to bag a store one sooner. Can’t believe the lack of Stainless Steel models for the UK.

My local store is Leeds trinity.
I check stock levels on a daily basis and I get similar lead times, if not longer when it comes to store pick up.

8674f06e668bfc81d73cd9b21beff1a2.png

i-Liam

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2016
I ordered a 44mm space black stainless steel watch from very on friday and this morning it’s been dispatched. I don’t understand how they had stock when no UK apple store currently has any. Strange..

Skiefire

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2015
I ordered a 44mm space black stainless steel watch from very on friday and this morning it’s been dispatched. I don’t understand how they had stock when no UK apple store currently has any. Strange..

Same, mines now on it’s way. They could have been stock allocated but payments didn’t get authorised, credit checks failed or returned unopened.

Not looking a gift horse in the mouth :)

AVBeatMan

Suspended
Nov 10, 2010
I just managed to find one in very but when I applied for an account it was declined. Rang them up and they said that it was because my address used to be a business address. They’ve taken that off now but say I can’t try again for 24 hours. Now watch is out of stock again!!!!!!

maka344

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2009
London, UK
I have one in my basket but it won't let me check out!!!!
I think you were a few minutes too late, unfortunately.

I managed to order one. I’ve been on the hunt for near on two weeks.

Just gutted I missed the 8pm cut off for next day delivery. But that’s cool, it will be here on Wednesday.
[doublepost=1539636440][/doublepost]Edit. The UK is due a massive batch of SS, I’ve been monitoring iStock and everywhere else, there’s stock for same day collection. The US had their huge barch about last Monday!

Reactions: hop

Skiefire

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2015
Anyone know what time Apple update their stock?
Thoughout the day. They might get a shipment in but someone has to then scan it and put it on the correct shelves before it will appear on their system. Most stores will have their own rules as to when they do that, as delivery times can be fairly unpredictable.

Reactions: AVBeatMan

jhill-evans

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2015
Thoughout the day. They might get a shipment in but someone has to then scan it and put it on the correct shelves before it will appear on their system. Most stores will have their own rules as to when they do that, as delivery times can be fairly unpredictable.

Anyone know what time Apple update their stock?

Solihull store told me this week they check stock in at 6am.. I guess that means if they receive after 6am it doesn’t get into the system till the next day but I don’t know.

Reactions: hop and AVBeatMan

jhill-evans

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2015
It’s not what I’m after but Apple have the SSSB in stock at Norwich... it’s the first Stainless Steel 44mm I’ve seen in stock for over a week. (At Apple)

AVBeatMan

Suspended
Nov 10, 2010
Managed to reserve a 44mm SB SS for collection today at Apple Manchester Arndale. But if a treck at an hours drive but can’t wait any longer!

Reactions: johnyslats

jhill-evans

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2015
Seems to be loads of SSSB... but I want SSS aghhhhh
[doublepost=1539687902][/doublepost]Boom got one at my local-ish store!!

AVBeatMan

Suspended
Nov 10, 2010
My Apple order still saying “in progress” and “pick up today” but I’ve still not received the email.

Do I have to wait for the email before I go and pick up?

Marzel

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2018
I'm getting several notifications today from istocknow for SS watches at London Apple Stores so people can try there as well. I managed to finally get my SS W4 from Regent street but it appears White City also has some.

Reactions: hop

hop

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Gah they've got stock in my local stores but I can't change the existing order to in-store pickup and the friend who I ordered via (he gets a discount) isn't awake right now to help me change it..

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: jhill-evans
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.