Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
When did you placed your order ?
I placed it on the 26th September with a delivery date of 25th October - 1st November but its arriving on the 12th October
[doublepost=1539292151][/doublepost]
I'm not so sure about that as I'd assume that replacement devices get priority over regular orders. The 44 SSSB I ordered on the 26th is still showing as 25th October to the 1st of November delivery, with new orders listing 9th-16th of November.
Nope, Apple told me that they didn't have any priority replacements in stock. Thats why i had to wait for two weeks for the status to change to shipped

Reactions: hop

Cobra86

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2017
I placed it on the 26th September with a delivery date of 25th October - 1st November but its arriving on the 12th October
Nope, Apple told me that they didn't have any priority replacements in stock. Thats why i had to wait for two weeks for the status to change to shipped

That's great :) I placed my order on the same day as yours with same delivery date :D
Thanks,

Reactions: Bazooka-joe

hop

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008

Mine is still stuck at processing, but I would be exceptionally happy to be wrong ;).

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
Has anyone paid by instalments? There is no option at checkout to select 12,24 or 36 months so how would I go about doing that?

AVBeatMan

Suspended
Nov 10, 2010
I’ve decided to “join the club”. Have ordered a 44mm SS. Only potential stumbling block is if Curry’s will take back my series 4 aluminium.

On their website it says “Separately to the 21 day policy above, and in accordance with your rights when you purchase goods online or over the phone, unwanted items can be returned even if you have opened them for inspection as long as you let us know within 14 calendar days from the day after delivery. Once you have told us you want to return an item, you should do so without undue delay and not later than 14 days from the day on which you informed us of your decision to cancel the order. You can examine the goods as you would in a shop but to obtain a full refund you must not start using them, install them or input any data/software. The goods must be returned in ‘as new’ condition and in their original packaging.”

This just mentions online or over the phone. I bought mine in store. What do you guys think?

WhiteHawk

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2008
Yep got an email and text too.
The glass was not flush with the case on three sides. Apple said that it shouldn't be like that and arranged a return. Never had an issue with any Apple products except watches. Always seems to takes a couple of replacements to get it right.

I’ve only had a Series 2 before this and that was ok so this was the first, wasn’t as bad as yours, just a dead pixel but annoys me, it has to be right for me, it’s enough money. My replacement is out for delivery now.

sahajesh

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2004
Sheffield
I’ve decided to “join the club”. Have ordered a 44mm SS. Only potential stumbling block is if Curry’s will take back my series 4 aluminium.

On their website it says “Separately to the 21 day policy above, and in accordance with your rights when you purchase goods online or over the phone, unwanted items can be returned even if you have opened them for inspection as long as you let us know within 14 calendar days from the day after delivery. Once you have told us you want to return an item, you should do so without undue delay and not later than 14 days from the day on which you informed us of your decision to cancel the order. You can examine the goods as you would in a shop but to obtain a full refund you must not start using them, install them or input any data/software. The goods must be returned in ‘as new’ condition and in their original packaging.”

This just mentions online or over the phone. I bought mine in store. What do you guys think?

I think you’re screwed (to a point) - they will take it back but charge a fee. We forget how good Apple’s return policy is, one of the best there is.

Skiefire

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2015
Looks like France is getting a decent stock of SS 44’s in.

Regent street in London had some come in and straight back out 10 minutes later!

maka344

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2009
London, UK
Looks like France is getting a decent stock of SS 44’s in.

Regent street in London had some come in and straight back out 10 minutes later!
Only Silver 44 SS's?

I'm looking fir SBSS and not having any luck at all.

The rest of the world is getting them other than the UK. Makes me think they had some sort of production issues with the 44 SS's dedicated for the UK networks...

hop

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Only Silver 44 SS's?

I'm looking fir SBSS and not having any luck at all.

The rest of the world is getting them other than the UK. Makes me think they had some sort of production issues with the 44 SS's dedicated for the UK networks...

While the power brick in the box will be different, according to the Apple site there's only North American models, and models for everywhere else.

Reactions: Skiefire

Skiefire

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2015
Anyone know how Apple handle pickup preorders? I ordered a watch when they became available for pick up “From the 12th of November”. If my store gets a batch will my order be taken from that stock, or does it all come via a central warehouse?

maka344

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2009
London, UK
Anyone know how Apple handle pickup preorders? I ordered a watch when they became available for pick up “From the 12th of November”. If my store gets a batch will my order be taken from that stock, or does it all come via a central warehouse?
I think they send your order to the store and don’t take from the store stock unless it shows available for collection at checkout.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.

I’m not 100% sure but I believe pick up orders aren’t taken from in store retail stock. They would be a separate delivery based on availability. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

maka344

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2009
London, UK
I’m a bit reluctant, the ad states:
Due to high demand, all orders will be supplied on a first come, first served basis and will be dispatched as soon as possible, subject to availability

And the return policy doesn’t look great.

GarethR

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010

If it had developed a fault of some kind though they'd take it back without issue - especially within the first 30 days or so. They're not equipped in store for any kind of fault diagnosis and repair and your contract is with them and not the manufacturer.

GarethR

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Well, Curry’s said “no” they wouldn’t take the watch back as it’d been opened?!!!

Plan B. Wait for a £1 selling fees and stick it on eBay.
Sounds like a good plan B.

As an aside - interesting argument from them about it being opened. Given I'd wager they probably don't have physical units on display in store how are you supposed to be able to inspect and potentially try one on - especially given how personal a watch is and the different colour/size options available?

AVBeatMan

Suspended
Nov 10, 2010
Sounds like a good plan B.

As an aside - interesting argument from them about it being opened. Given I'd wager they probably don't have physical units on display in store how are you supposed to be able to inspect and potentially try one on - especially given how personal a watch is and the different colour/size options available?
It's ridiculous. If you buy online or over the phone they say you are allowed to open and inspect the watch but if you buy in store it must be returned unopened! Watching one on eBay and it's already up to £340 with 4 days to go. I paid £429 so I guess anything over £380 would be acceptable? Also, the watch in question the seller says there's a small scratch on it so again, a mint condition one should make £380+

Going back to Curry's. There is also an option to arrange for a collection but not sure how that works? With the series 4 still being pretty rare, I'm hopeful of selling for a decent amount.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.