Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jonathantuba

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2017
UK
I'm amazed at just how much more productive I am on this thing than any other device ever owned to this point. Apple really is onto something here.
I find exactly the same. The iPad Pro is the best device ever for me :)

For people being unfriendly on the forum. Some people do seem to forget their manners writing online, but I bet if you met them in real life they would be completely different!

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
I find exactly the same. The iPad Pro is the best device ever for me :)

For people being unfriendly on the forum. Some people do seem to forget their manners writing online, but I bet if you met them in real life they would be completely different!
Macrumors has a great forum community and a lot of really helpful people willing to give advice and opinions. It also has a lot of Apple haters. The haters don’t usually stick around too long. The harder you ignore them, the shorter they’re here.

Reactions: kazmac and Dave245

SteelBlueTJ

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2012
USA
I'm sort of in the same boat. I currently own both the first gen 12.9" and the latest 10.5". I use the 12.9 more and have been thinking about selling the 10.5 to prepare for the hopeful upcoming release. I don't really need 2 iPads. I am on the fence with selling the 10.5 now and keep the 12.9 until the new ones come out. Hopefully the new 12.9 has a smaller/lighter form factor. Then buy the new 12.9 and sell the old 12.9. Do you think selling a 10.5 now would be better in a sense that I could get more money now versus selling after the new ones are released?

krdzine

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2010
I’ve had the 12.9 since last year and have went back and forth the entire time wondering if I should make the jump or not. Yesterday on a whim I went out and got a lte iPad Pro 10.5 and have been using the hell out of it so much I’ve had to charge it twice already. My wife is horribly neglected right now.

Thing is? Apple is providing support for products they have that came out 6years ago. 6 years! I’m fine with the new iPad Pro I’m typing on now and having it for a couple years. It’s absolutely perfect and will add value to my life NOW. I didn’t want to wait months and months for an update that won’t make a difference in my life

Wait... was the 12.9 an iPad Pro? You upgraded by going down in size? Just curious because I was thinking of getting the 12.9 pro instead of a MacBook Air.

Reactions: eVolcre

mptonrey

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2018
As someone who just upgraded from the 12.9 to the 10.5 last week, I absolutely love my 10.5 and the form factor / mobility of the device is superb. Don't wait any longer. No one has confirmed that new iPad Pros will be released this year anyway? My bet is on an early 2019 release.
[doublepost=1534081113][/doublepost]@jeremydwill -did you not like the 12.9? I’m am trying to decide which one to get.

Greenmeenie

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2013
It’s hard to say. Only you can really know if you can afford to wait. Me personally? I plan to wait. New iPad Pros should be announced in the next couple of months, so it’s worth it for me to wait. I figure if the new iPad pros are such an amazing update, I will buy one of them. If not, then I will nab one of the current 10.5” iPad pros at a discount, either new or refurbished. Win win.

cwerdna

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2005
SF Bay Area, California
[doublepost=1534081113][/doublepost]@jeremydwill -did you not like the 12.9? I’m am trying to decide which one to get.
I'm not Jeremy but since I work on iOS stuff for a living, I do have several 12.9" Pros (1st gen) in addition to a couple 10.5" Pros + other iPad models. To me, the 12.9" is just too big and heavy, besides being pricey.

At home, if this tells you anything, I personally have a 10.5" Pro (replaced an original iPad Air) and a mini 2. I still sometimes fall back to the mini 2 if it's near me/within reach even though it's dog slow compared to the 10.5" Pro. I really like the small form factor. I really hope Apple gets off their butt and finally refreshes the mini 4, so I can replace my mini 2. I'm not keen on buying a dated device at this point in time.

At work, my devices have no cases (except one of the 12.9" Pros) and the contrast in terms of size and weight between a mini 4 and an iPad Pro 12.9" is HUGE.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
The more I think about it, I don’t think Apple is going to announce iPads during the fall Keynote in September. I think it is going to be a lot for them to Debut with the new Apple Watch, three new iPhones, perhaps a set of new AirPods, and of course all the demos they will demonstrate with the new products in explaining. I think the iPads will either launch in October/November, but if it is 2019, they have such a different track record of when they do their launches (Especially Being how random the Mac launch was in July of this year) , its difficult to say when. I’m hoping for late fall 2018.

jamesrick80

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2014
Personally I need my fingerprint reader that the iPad pro 10.5 has....this will probably be my last apple device unless the physical fingerprint reader returns or a ultrasound in-display fingerprint reader comes. Hopefully within a couple years....

cwerdna

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2005
SF Bay Area, California
This forum is ridiculously unfriendly,
What a lovely community this is.
You should try participating in https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/. There are some uhh.... characters on there. Fortunately, the number isn't huge, maybe dozens and probably not hundreds.

The amount of nitpicking and back/forth can really derail threads there. Some posts that violate guidelines (not all of which I agree with) get banished to https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/snippiness.7777/. Skim some of the last couple pages to get a flavor. Moderation there can be a bit hit or miss though. And, even though some of the most egregious attackers get their plenty posts moved there, they still keep it up. :(
Now I take back some of what I said after reading thru some of the replies in the "Apple should be arrested for daylight robbery" thread. Sigh.

And, I and some other folks had some replies deleted for being "off topic" when they weren't. Some moderator got bent out of shape that a story ended up on the left hand side of Macrumors that to most, didn't belong on the left side. The minimal amount of participation and commentary on that story is a testament to that.

I think the above was the first and only time I've had that happen here at Macrumors. I had to sift thru a whole bunch of rules to figure out what I was in "violation" of.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.