Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dblissmn

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2002
They should spend three years expunging bugs, tightening up code, removing cruft. It's a bloated pig of a mess as it is.

gilby101

macrumors 68030
Mar 17, 2010
Tasmania
They should spend three years expunging bugs, tightening up code, removing cruft. It's a bloated pig of a mess as it is.
Whilst I don't disagree with that sentiment, it will do nothing for the bloated, buggy third party apps. You will need to get all the app developers to stop adding features, bloat and new bugs to their apps for 3 years, instead to fix their bugs - can't see that happening!

gradi

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2022
Greetings! macOS .0 updates over the past couple of years have been pretty buggy lately. Last time we got an update that focused on bug fixes and improvements was Mac OS X Snow Leopard. It was (and kinda still is) considered the greatest macOS version to be made.
Coincidentally I saw this pretty good, new video about 3 hours ago. He thinks Snow Leopard is overrated for one particular reason and that OS X 10.9 Mavericks was the best because it fixed lots of bugs and greatly improved performance.

Was Snow Leopard 10.6 greatest macOS release ever? An OS X essay​

OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard long has been held as the gold standard for OS X/macOS releases. It's not uncommon to hear people to this day laud Snow Leopard as the best version of any Apple OS. There's been a felt attempts to contextualize why Snow Leopard was so loved with solid points but they fall a bit short.

There are no new features or changes in 13 that interest me. But if it fixed lots of bugs and provided much better performance I would upgrade from 12.6.

Last edited:
Reactions: souko

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I was thinking a big update to macOS when they drop support for Intel Macs.
I hope we get a bug fix update before that. I have an Intel Mac and some of the bugs have existed since the factory-supplied version of the OS, and I want fixes for them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.