Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GTDaveMac

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2008
Yes, I checked available updates and still only see 15.0.1 on my 13 Mini. And still cannot get messages read to me unless I either have it set to show previews, or have get the phone unlocked (which doesn't happen when it's in my pocket).

There should be an additional option to break through the security just for that. "Allow Siri to read messages when phone is locked: Yes/No"
It's release candidate 15.1, so yes, it's a beta. But I think you found the answer... I have an Apple Watch.

Reactions: diane143

pdiddyhoward

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2022
Not sure if everyone has already figured this out, but the reference to Apple Watch above made me look at my watch settings. I changed the watch settings for Messages from Custom to Mirror my iPhone, now I can send group texts via hands free/hey siri. Thank you for the Watch reference... Still seems pretty silly, and really silly that those of you who went to Apple Support could not get the answer from them...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.